Accidents snarl traffic

Accidents snarl traffic

There are 44 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 15, 2009, titled Accidents snarl traffic. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A tractor-trailer overturned on Interstate 81 just north of Exit 17 in Greene Township on Wednesday morning, blocking both northbound lanes of traffic and wreaking havoc on local roads where traffic was diverted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dutch

Kernersville, NC

#1 Apr 16, 2009
Then go back to Nova Scotia, guess they don't have wrecks up thar in them thar hills.
Just wondering

Inkster, MI

#2 Apr 16, 2009
How on earth can it take 12 hours to clean up one tractor trailer? Something is wrong here. Even if the load is toxic you can do it faster than that. Maybe federal highway funds should be dolled out only to states that keep their interstate highways open 100% of the time.
Curious

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Apr 16, 2009
Just wondering wrote:
How on earth can it take 12 hours to clean up one tractor trailer? Something is wrong here. Even if the load is toxic you can do it faster than that. Maybe federal highway funds should be dolled out only to states that keep their interstate highways open 100% of the time.
They were waiting on someone who was Bilingual to show up.
Uda Trashtalker

Newville, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2009
Just wondering wrote:
How on earth can it take 12 hours to clean up one tractor trailer?...
Who said "12 hours?" It was from around 11:30 a.m. to about 7 something p.m. I believe that's an 8 hour shift... Look at the pics on Sta4.com and you'll see what it involved "cleaning up."
Janie

West Chester, PA

#5 Apr 16, 2009
Since it was a FedEx truck, they probably had to wait for another FedEx truck to offload the shipment. Another reason it may have taken a while to get the accident cleaned up.
Curious-the Original

Waynesboro, PA

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Ok something is wrong when they take the injured to Washington Cty Hospital in Hagerstown MD that is 20-25 minutes away when Chambersburg Hospital is 2 minutes away. What is up with that???

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#7 Apr 16, 2009
I would venture one of two things:

1. Quality of care
2. Capability of care

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 16, 2009
Curious-the Original wrote:
Ok something is wrong when they take the injured to Washington Cty Hospital in Hagerstown MD that is 20-25 minutes away when Chambersburg Hospital is 2 minutes away. What is up with that???
Because Chambersburg Hospital probably wasn't equipped for whatever injuries they had. Either that, or it would have taken longer to get there given the traffic debacle (which is absolutely ridiculous).

Sir Fatboy

“Who, me?”

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#9 Apr 16, 2009
Uda Trashtalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said "12 hours?" It was from around 11:30 a.m. to about 7 something p.m. I believe that's an 8 hour shift... Look at the pics on Sta4.com and you'll see what it involved "cleaning up."
Still too long. You get a big front end loader and shove all the stuff off the road. Sort it out later. It's a public road, paid for by the public, so their convenience should be considered first.

#10 Apr 16, 2009
Safety is a Key also.

Some truck haul some nasty stuff.

Sir Fatboy

“Who, me?”

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn,NY

#11 Apr 16, 2009
GenPatton wrote:
Safety is a Key also.
Some truck haul some nasty stuff.
This was a FedEx truck. All it had was a pair of ice skates and a volleyball named Wilson.
HEV

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 16, 2009
And where were the fire police, the borough police, the state police to assist at major intersections? The truck drivers were inconsiderate and showed no understanding for drivers trying to exit from cross streets!

#13 Apr 16, 2009
CTM
I Feel Your Pain

Elizabethtown, PA

#14 Apr 16, 2009
Uda Trashtalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Thanks for the link to the pics. Sure does make it clear there was a lot to clean up.
Former SESD resident

New Park, PA

#15 Apr 16, 2009
It took me 3 hours to come thru Chambersburg on RT 11 yesterday. What a mess.
get real

Huntingdon, PA

#16 Apr 16, 2009
Sir Fatboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Still too long. You get a big front end loader and shove all the stuff off the road. Sort it out later. It's a public road, paid for by the public, so their convenience should be considered first.
Accidents happen, learn to be patient. Grow up while you are at it.

#17 Apr 16, 2009
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidents happen, learn to be patient. Grow up while you are at it.
Hrm, childish replies and you tell SFB to grow up. Interesting.
whatever

South Plainfield, NJ

#18 Apr 16, 2009
the other accident at the Sheetz on Orchard drive was something to behold, a car exiting the sheetz onto Orchard was t-boned by a red car that was flying up the center lane trying to beat the light, the black car exiting had no chance as soon as the driver cleared the stopped lane of traffic she stopped to look and was crushed, the police were 10 minutes getting there and no one asked what happened other than the 2 drivers, the driver of the red car should be arrested for speeding and driving to fast for conditions, people get into the center lane at the car wash and fly to get through the light
speedychet

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Apr 16, 2009
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hrm, childish replies and you tell SFB to grow up. Interesting.
I agree with fatboy. Does that make me childish?

#20 Apr 16, 2009
Nope, I agree with SFB also, to an extent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sid Mark to RETIRE (Apr '17) Apr 8 Stephen 3
Mayor a Joke, Crook, Commited Adultry (Dec '07) Jan '18 Grim Reaper 12
Facebook scammers Oct '17 HesAThief 1
Norristown High Speed EXTENSION to bring more w... (Jan '13) Oct '17 Mayor James Kenney 2
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep '17 John 245
Mitchell Morgan (Morgan Properties) is a GONIF (Apr '12) Aug '17 becht is gonif 11
Pokemon GO (Aug '17) Aug '17 soitcame 1

Wayne Jobs

Personal Finance

Wayne Mortgages