City Auditorium
Ice Man

Waycross, GA

#1 Jan 28, 2009
Another white elephant is about to get $1,000,000.00 dollars of tax payer money in Waycross. This building is good for NOTHING! It should be torn down and the land sold. The old REA building is another good example of this kind of wasted tax dollars (also $1,000,000.00) in these economic times!!!! The REA building is utilized about 1% of the time! The other 99% it sits idle and empty!!!!
Our politicians can really think up great ways to throw away tax dollars when our country is a deep economic trouble and the city budget is also in trouble!!!! POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Feb 4, 2009
Ice Man wrote:
Another white elephant is about to get $1,000,000.00 dollars of tax payer money in Waycross. This building is good for NOTHING! It should be torn down and the land sold. The old REA building is another good example of this kind of wasted tax dollars (also $1,000,000.00) in these economic times!!!! The REA building is utilized about 1% of the time! The other 99% it sits idle and empty!!!!
Our politicians can really think up great ways to throw away tax dollars when our country is a deep economic trouble and the city budget is also in trouble!!!! POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!
For the first time in years I saw the City Auditorium being used, I good not believe it...Not a bad average, Once in 3 or 4 years.
Ice Man

Waycross, GA

#3 Feb 5, 2009
Yep, just another tax payer funded "white elephant" like the REA building!!!!!!
Ice Man

Waycross, GA

#4 Mar 2, 2009
Some contractor will get well off this deal. They will do the minimum amount, use the cheapest materials to just get by and make a mint off this job just like to REA building!! I was in the REA building the other day and it is PITIFULL!!!! That contractor should have made out like a bandit on that job. That place is so crummie looking. The fit and finish is really, really BAD!
And to top that off a train came by and I thought the place was going to vibrate to pieces!!!!
steveen

Rome, Italy

#5 Aug 22, 2014
anybody has any info about Elvis' show on the auditorium in february 22, 1956??
thanks
steve

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waycross Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Dealer Ann ? 2 hr Vengeance 1
County dog catcher 4 hr Preach 3
Do you like living in Waycross? (Mar '07) Mon Native 82
dope boys (Jun '15) Oct 14 Kicksrt64 18
Marty Meddders & Family Oct 14 Hello Bright Eye 4
Arrest on Teakwood Oct 8 Loretta 3
What happened to Derrick Pindroh? Oct 8 Loretta 3

Waycross Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waycross Mortgages