Waxhaw or Weddington

Posted in the Waxhaw Forum

Addie

Frederick, MD

#1 Dec 29, 2007
What are the pros and cons of these 2 areas? I am relocating to this area soon and need some help.
union trvlr

United States

#2 Dec 30, 2007
...It really depends on your situation. Weddington is closer to Charlotte, thus it's more upscale. They have always been resistant to commercial development and tract housing. Where houses in Charlotte were being built on micro-lots, Weddington restricted lot sizes to at least 1 acre. The result has been skyrocketing property values. They have some of the most expensive neighborhoods in the region. There are two other towns bordering Weddington, Marvin and Wesley Chapel. Marvin is even more exclusive than Weddington. Wesley Chapel seems to have some more affordable areas. They're all nice areas but struggling to keep up with rapid growth. Waxhaw is further from Charlotte and unlike the other towns, actually has a "downtown area". Waxhaw was an old Indian village near the birthplace of Andrew Jackson. They have a small, cute historical area that have small town parades on Christmas and Independence day. CSX splits the town in two with the south side being wide open and sparsely developed. Cane Creek park has a large fishing lake and horse trails. Amazing to me how little it's used. on the north side of the tracks Closer to Mecklenburg, bordering Marvin and Weddington, more of the same high dollar housing opportunities. If you have at least 700 thousand to spend on a house, and are not worried about rising property taxes, you should definitely look at Millbridge. It's a brand new mega huge development off Waxhaw-Marvin Rd, with several reputable national homebuilders. I like the covered bridges and the pool is going to have a lazy river. It's also convienent to Indian Land South Carolina, home of Sun City at Carolina Lakes, which is attracting more retirement type communites as well as Charlotte commuters. They're getting some retail and commercial development along HWY 521 which takes you right into Ballentyne. I hope this helps.
mamag12

Concord, NC

#3 Mar 17, 2008
they are virtually the same place.
A lot of the kids go to the same schools. Both are great.
love the south

Cheshire, CT

#4 Jan 2, 2009
We moved from Waxhaw 2 yrs ago and looking to move back soon. I guess alot has changed, are the property taxes going up? They were always so low. I also read recent logs about northerns to stay away from the area? gosh, not sure what is going on can anybody fill me in and the family that is planning on moving there. Thanks
NC here we come

Norristown, PA

#6 Jan 6, 2009
Kirtg - you poor thing, you just don't have nothing nice to say on any posts. What a nice neighbor you must be! Cheer up crabby pants!
From CT

Cheshire, CT

#7 Jan 7, 2009
Thats what I'm talking about!! Where are you moving to from NJ? It's beautiful, minus this miserable left over. Good Luck!!! We will be there soon as well.
kirtg

Waxhaw, NC

#8 Jan 8, 2009
You will find many southerners that hate carpetbaggers here. I'm in Wesley Chapel btw.
From CT

Cheshire, CT

#9 Jan 8, 2009
We all feel sorry for you, and eventually we'll all push you out. Have a nice life, one miserable person certainly won't bother us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waxhaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NEVER leave your children alone with the PERVER... (Oct '11) Thu Bobby Kilgo 14
Samuel Wesley Randall (Feb '14) Oct 15 GMartin 4
Debate: Marijuana - Waxhaw, NC (Aug '10) Oct 3 Yung Wun 15
New atheist-led Charlotte group wants community... Oct 1 B Ray 1
Who is the Monroe, NC rightwing whacko nut? Sep 29 New York Forum 9
Sheriffs Judges DA's Perverts in Union County N... (Jul '11) Sep 27 JHP 20
Can a black man be a redneck? (Mar '10) Sep 26 Mike Stegall 17
Waxhaw Dating
Find my Match

Waxhaw Jobs