New questions raised about Turnpike Authority and Monroe bypass

Nov 17, 2012 Full story: The Charlotte Observer

The Monroe Bypass: The proposed $800 million Monroe Bypass/Connector would be a toll road to allow motorists to bypass the heavily congested U.S. 74 in Union County, above.

Full Story
I know a little

Charlotte, NC

#1 Dec 6, 2012
The turnpike authority is a wastefull duplication of government. The state already has the DOT. Do a little research, Last year Wsoc did a report about 559 Million dollars of money ear marked for transportation that was diverted elsewhere. The by pass couldn't be built on that amount alone but it would be a start. Isn't it funny how the more yankees we get, the more things they think we need to make OUR HOME more like the one they left?? IE a turnpike authority and toll roads, collective bargaining,(organized Crime) maybe they should all just go back home!!!!!
what

Wingate, NC

#2 Dec 6, 2012
I am so sick of this yankee stuff, get over it. Last time I checked this was a free country, we are not quit a communist country yet. Maybe after the next 4 years, but not right now.
Marshville Citizen 19

Indian Trail, NC

#3 Dec 7, 2012
America became a communist country when Lyndon Johnson and the Democrats regulated freedom of association with the Civil Rights Act.
HAHAHA

Monroe, NC

#4 Dec 10, 2012
I know a little wrote:
The turnpike authority is a wastefull duplication of government. The state already has the DOT. Do a little research, Last year Wsoc did a report about 559 Million dollars of money ear marked for transportation that was diverted elsewhere. The by pass couldn't be built on that amount alone but it would be a start. Isn't it funny how the more yankees we get, the more things they think we need to make OUR HOME more like the one they left?? IE a turnpike authority and toll roads, collective bargaining,(organized Crime) maybe they should all just go back home!!!!!
Are you stoned or stupid??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waxhaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review of FAMILY CAR WASH & MINI STORAGE (Apr '13) Wed Wally West 40
New atheist-led Charlotte group wants community... Oct 26 B Ray 2
NEVER leave your children alone with the PERVER... (Oct '11) Oct 23 Bobby Kilgo 14
Samuel Wesley Randall (Feb '14) Oct 15 GMartin 4
Debate: Marijuana - Waxhaw, NC (Aug '10) Oct 3 Yung Wun 15
Who is the Monroe, NC rightwing whacko nut? Sep '14 New York Forum 9
Sheriffs Judges DA's Perverts in Union County N... (Jul '11) Sep '14 JHP 20
Waxhaw Dating
Find my Match

Waxhaw People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Waxhaw News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Waxhaw

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]