Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Waxhaw Forum

Comments (Page 1,662)

Showing posts 33,221 - 33,240 of49,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I think Kerry will make an excellent Secretary of State. I think Hagel will make an excellent Secretary Of Defense. Both of these men have the personal experience of combat in service of the USA which gives each of them a more realistic perspective than that of their chicken hawk critics. Reluctant to send our service men and women into combat? Only a chicken hawk would think that reluctance to get our young men and women killed is a bad thing.
Kerry wrote:
Can anyone tell me there thoughts on Sec of State Kerry? There's no one available for intelligent conversations. It's pretty much slim on this forum. I do like reading you all's posts'.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Kerry wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll research it! I didn't realize he was into Latin tomatoes. Hopefully, he'll be better than Hilary. We'll see.
Hillary has a 63% approval rating in recent polls. I guess that might not be good enough.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

TSF wrote:
I think Kerry will make an excellent Secretary of State. I think Hagel will make an excellent Secretary Of Defense. Both of these men have the personal experience of combat in service of the USA which gives each of them a more realistic perspective than that of their chicken hawk critics. Reluctant to send our service men and women into combat? Only a chicken hawk would think that reluctance to get our young men and women killed is a bad thing.
<quoted text>
Good point, TSF. I agree. Of course, most Republicans will see this as a weakness. But, their asses don't have to go. I have a grandson in the Army, and I want the cause to be sure one before he goes into combat.
Kerry

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Personal rancor rules on must political threads.As I'm sure you know.IN ANY EVENT, its difficult to engage in political discourse, with people who refuse to sign in on Topix.

That is the biggest COS. Bacon is registered and is always signed in and was just called out and cherry picked by Topix for the attempt to post an equation for the sole purpose of neutron bomb making. She has been registered and has been posting for how long now? Evidently before she registered she failed to read carefully the fine print of the Terms of Service Agreement provided by Topix. Clearly beacuse she stated that she just found out that Topix posts were monitored.

You'll have this sometimes when you are hell bent on being an authority on every issue in the book.

No matter whether you are signed in or not this is a free topix forum and you are free to exercise your right to freedom of speech. It is not a must that you profile yourself. Topix is not a career for all of us.
Really

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the biggest COS. Bacon is registered and is always signed in and was just called out and cherry picked by Topix for the attempt to post an equation for the sole purpose of neutron bomb making. She has been registered and has been posting for how long now? Evidently before she registered she failed to read carefully the fine print of the Terms of Service Agreement provided by Topix. Clearly beacuse she stated that she just found out that Topix posts were monitored.
You'll have this sometimes when you are hell bent on being an authority on every issue in the book.
No matter whether you are signed in or not this is a free topix forum and you are free to exercise your right to freedom of speech. It is not a must that you profile yourself. Topix is not a career for all of us.
I signed in the other day, after I was repeatedly told that I was "gail". I don't want to sign in. I'm not gail either. I don't even know gail.
Really

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, TSF. I agree. Of course, most Republicans will see this as a weakness. But, their asses don't have to go. I have a grandson in the Army, and I want the cause to be sure one before he goes into combat.
Could you stop your grandson from going, if it wasn't a "sure one"? I don't know how that works. I thought if he was deployed, he has to go.
blueridgedebate

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Screw this, go here: blueridgedebate.com
Really

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

blueridgedebate wrote:
Screw this, go here: blueridgedebate.com
Who is this for? I'm not going by myself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you stop your grandson from going, if it wasn't a "sure one"? I don't know how that works. I thought if he was deployed, he has to go.
He does have to go if deployed and would willingly do so. From my own perspective, I just hope that he doesn't have to go into a war that cannot be worked out first diplomatically, or can be avoided....Like Iraq. I know that neither he nor I have a choice.

“Try”

Since: May 12

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I take that back. I think he is one of the many people on earth that due to their hatred, prejudice and ignorance, keep the human condition from moving forward to a more peaceful and improved state of being. I thought that thinking left when Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms died. I guess I was wrong. Waco, Is Louie Gommert your Congressional representative?
Kevin Brady,District 8.
Really

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
He does have to go if deployed and would willingly do so. From my own perspective, I just hope that he doesn't have to go into a war that cannot be worked out first diplomatically, or can be avoided....Like Iraq. I know that neither he nor I have a choice.
I hope that doesn't happen. I hope he doesn't have to go. I would be worried sick, knowing that my son was over there. I couldn't even bare the thought.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sign in, don't sign in.Makes no difference to me.I make it a policy not to respond to those who don't sign in.I guess that's my"right".

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I signed in to make everyone happy! And I promise, I am not gail.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I really doubt you called him out. If you did, it was a very rare occasion. I don't miss much, and I doubt I missed that. That would have been memorable. Silver is a consistant "potty mouth" bigot who has your approval. Of course it is none of my business when you leave. I just wanted to celebrate one more Republican vote leaving the US. Now, if only more Tea Partiers had the same conviction to leave, we could live without political stalmate. Leave the moderate Republicans here. Some actually have some sense about them.
Arnold, I called him out on calling someone a "c--k gobbler. I told him I hated that word and could he not use it. Now I don't give a flying flip if you remember it or not. When I leave it won't matter if I tell you, you won't recall or remember, so just have a party in advance or one every month. Everybody needs a reason to party and my leaving this sh-thole is as good as any.

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

spoonfuloFSugar20 wrote:
<quoted text>
I signed in to make everyone happy! And I promise, I am not gail.
I think its great that you signed in, I have only admiration for your decision.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Alan. I wouldn't have started my post off with "TSF and I are discussing neutrons and not to send Homeland Security to house tonight." I'm well aware they monitor the posts on here and that's why I put that on there. You kind of contradicted yourself reading the old riot act about not reading the terms of Topix, blah, blah, blah. Your freedom of speech goes as far as they allow it to, so it's really not freedom of speech.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I signed in the other day, after I was repeatedly told that I was "gail". I don't want to sign in. I'm not gail either. I don't even know gail.
Anyone who comes onto this forum without signing in is scrutinized. Hell I'm not Gail either but I guess I have been posting long enough that it accepted that I am not Gail. They tell me that Gail is a black woman who continuouly changes her identity to promote racial tension. Therefore registered posters are paranoid of all new comers. No worries just say want you think:)

“Try”

Houston

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold, I called him out on calling someone a "c--k gobbler. I told him I hated that word and could he not use it. Now I don't give a flying flip if you remember it or not. When I leave it won't matter if I tell you, you won't recall or remember, so just have a party in advance or one every month. Everybody needs a reason to party and my leaving this sh-thole is as good as any.
You are going to a tropical paradise.That's as good as it gets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> You are going to a tropical paradise.That's as good as it gets.
Waco, Waco, Waco, looks like we got a little competition going and it doesn't have a thing to do with politics. Should be entertaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 33,221 - 33,240 of49,321
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Waxhaw Discussions

Search the Waxhaw Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Local cheat Mon Screwy 1
Review: Dr. Scott's Weight Loss & Wellness Apr 13 Rich 3
Joseph L. Clough child molester, drug runner, o... (Nov '12) Apr 12 Citizen 45
Crime Apr 7 Dauphine Eggers 2
union county animal shelter (Jan '07) Apr 4 Dauphine Eggers 43
Samuel Wesley Randall Mar 30 Jay-D 2
NLW rasslin sucks the church rasslin sucks ! (Oct '12) Mar 29 Vegas 11
•••

Freeze Warning for Union County was issued at April 16 at 2:42PM EDT