Disappointed fan
Disappointed fan

Monroe, NC

#1 Mar 24, 2013
We just got back from Charlotte, NC . From seeing the Harlem Globetrotters . Sounds like fun right ? It was we had purchased pre game show tickets to meet the payers and good tickets a lot of money. No problem this was oyr choice . My kids bought basketballs and two players signed them. A player tiny and the female player very nice folks. Here is the problem after the great show the payers had an announcement made to meet at a certain location and they woud pose for photos and autographs! No problem we are in line waited 35 minutes and a security guard said cut off we explained we had been waiting with 60.00 worth of basketballs and stuff we purchased, he said no more photos and autographs.... I realize they are on a tight schedule but if we had not purchased tickets they would be unemployed. I hate the term we pay their salary but its true. If they dont have time for fans just let us know i can spend my money else where.... Kids were disappointed ,

This is the truth about how globetrotters treat fans, not blaming the players just the management or shall i say MISMANAGEMENT.. If they had given 30 more minutes i wouldnt be writing this,.........
Disappointed fan

Monroe, NC

#2 Mar 24, 2013
Globetrotter management needs to not promise what they cant deliver ..... After you part with your money they are GONE..

This was my last trip to see the globetrotters ! Just be aware it happened to several dozen fans ... We were not the only ones disappointed by the management.

Id rather have gone to a tee ball game at least they are real . Dont disappoint kids.
Disappointed fan

Monroe, NC

#3 Mar 24, 2013
Several years ago my friend went to las vegas and saw jimmy walker JJ on the famous sit com saying DYNOMITE.. Remember good times .. My friend asked mr. Walker for an autograph and he smurked and said get lost. If my friend wouldnt have got in trouble he would have slugged him. Who does this geek think he is the pope ?

Reality is he is a has been . We were trying to show him some respect , but he is a JERK

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 24, 2013
I know the children were disappointed. It is hard to explain to a child, especially very young ones, that people don't always do what they say. Little ones expect adults to be honest with them and they are upset when they aren't. I had an experience similar to your friend going to see J.J. Three years ago my wife and I were in Raleigh, NC for a prayer breakfast in which the lady governor Bev Perdue was supposed to be the keynote speaker. There were more than 600 people there. The breakfast started and several speakers spoke but the governors chair was empty. She didn't show up until the Grits was cold! Then she jumped up and said two or three sentences and took off out the door. She didn't have the courtesy to even shake hands with people. There were school kids there who were supposed to speak and thank her for helping education in the state. Those kids were very disappointed that they didn't get to speak.
Red Hot Poker

Asheville, NC

#5 Mar 24, 2013
Rev C E Crowder wrote:
I know the children were disappointed. It is hard to explain to a child, especially very young ones, that people don't always do what they say. Little ones expect adults to be honest with them and they are upset when they aren't. I had an experience similar to your friend going to see J.J. Three years ago my wife and I were in Raleigh, NC for a prayer breakfast in which the lady governor Bev Perdue was supposed to be the keynote speaker. There were more than 600 people there. The breakfast started and several speakers spoke but the governors chair was empty. She didn't show up until the Grits was cold! Then she jumped up and said two or three sentences and took off out the door. She didn't have the courtesy to even shake hands with people. There were school kids there who were supposed to speak and thank her for helping education in the state. Those kids were very disappointed that they didn't get to speak.
Dumplin' was embarrassed that she had failed the children so badly in education, that she just couldn't face them publicly. She's gone now.
Stacey E Lemmon

Wingate, NC

#6 Mar 24, 2013
Letting down children is one of the very worst thing that an Adult can do....
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

#7 Mar 28, 2013
Right on mr. Lemmon I agree with you and last Saturday the management at time warmer or globe trotters did it . They won't get a cent more of my money . At the Michael Jordan arena . I mean time Warner .
Taxpayer

Monroe, NC

#8 Mar 28, 2013
Rev C E Crowder wrote:
Thank you rev. I appreciate you understanding my point of view.
MarshVegas

Monroe, NC

#9 May 12, 2013
I paid 10 dollars just to park my car and walk a half mile. What up with that !..?
These role models need to man up and be real role models, we spend our hard earned money to watch them perform . Don't know about you but I want to see some hustling down the court not some million dollar players loafing down the court...
MarshVegas

Monroe, NC

#10 May 12, 2013
We need some real HEROS !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waxhaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mineral Springs challenger cancels debate (Oct '09) 1 hr Larry 9
News Confederate flag, monument rally set for Saturd... Mon hole in the wall 3
News Source: Body found dismembered in woods near St... Jul 31 vam 2
NEVER leave your children alone with the PERVER... (Oct '11) Jul 31 Wheelman 22
union county animal shelter (Jan '07) Jul 28 Mister Whitley to... 48
Debate: Marijuana - Monroe, NC (Aug '10) Jul 21 Expert Witness 35
travis veit (Feb '12) Jul 20 van 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waxhaw Mortgages