Mayor of Waxhaw charged with DUI

Mayor of Waxhaw charged with DUI

There are 7 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Sep 18, 2008, titled Mayor of Waxhaw charged with DUI. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

The mayor of Waxhaw was arrested early Thursday morning and charged with driving under the influence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

observer

Charlotte, NC

#1 Sep 18, 2008
Perhaps she should stay away from Cafe Fino just a tad bit. Our local government seems to prefer that place. Seems to be convenient so they can walk home instead of worrying about driving.
Jim

Charlotte, NC

#2 Sep 18, 2008
From Mayor Gardner's election website, under the heading of integrity: "Integrity is a firm adherence to a code of moral values; doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching." How's that working out for you mayor? What a joke!
Marcy

Charlotte, NC

#3 Oct 27, 2008
NO LIQOUR IN MY TOWN!!! Said Gardner. She is such a hypocrite. How's driving 20 miles down the road working for ya? Heaven forbid Waxhaw should pass liquor by the drink and get some decent restaurants and increase our property value.
Gardner is an idiot!!!
knowtruth

Charlotte, NC

#4 Oct 27, 2008
Are there not going to be any consequences for this mayor. Yes, we all make errors in judgements I can certainly attest to that. However, when in public office isn't a person suppose to position themselves to be more respectable and trustworthy. Perhaps at 35 I am old fashioned already.
Larry in Waxhaw

Mooresville, NC

#5 Jun 13, 2013
And Jesus said He who is without sin cast the stone. After being hit with one he looked around and saw his Mother in the crowd.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Funny
M in Waxhaw

Monroe, NC

#7 Jun 24, 2013
If you are in public office you have to behave yourself. Yeah we make mistakes but she knew what she was doing. A mistake like that could have cost someone their life. Time to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waxhaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mineral springs mayor repeals new nusiance ordi... Jul 18 native 3
B&B HVAC Indian Trail (Jul '16) Jul 14 Beachy girl 3
Review: Venture Pest Control Of Charlotte (Jun '12) Jun 27 BECHT is a rodent 26
union county animal shelter (Jan '07) Jun 26 Charlie gassed an... 49
Holly Sackett Jun 23 Crill Bigsby 3
Indian Trail Jun '17 HB 4
Lauren Feeney Jun '17 Just a girl 1

Waxhaw Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance