Do you approve of Walter J. Mason as ...

Do you approve of Walter J. Mason as Mayor?

Posted in the Waverly Forum

Kevin Jones

Glen Allen, VA

#1 Jul 14, 2012
He has no political experience at all. He ran for office for personal reasons. He had no real reason for running for office. He has not done anything for the town on his own. He rides the coat tails for other people who are making the accomplishments around town. He don't know how to run the day to day business of the town.
alizabeth russell

Eureka, MO

#2 Jul 14, 2012
Crooked. Hes getting rid of police official due to his family members getting arrested by them. Its all personal with him. On top of that hes done nothing positive for our town. Hes a disgrace and hes bringing our town down. Hes an embarassment and hes followed by town members who were convicted felons or had run ins with the law. Dispicable
Mary Gwaltney

Midlothian, VA

#3 Jul 14, 2012
Kevin Lands is the best thing Waverly has seen in it's town. He has done so much and dedicated his heart to Waverly. There have been many nights he has worked late and is always willing to step in for his officers when they need it. His officers feel comfortable working for him. He has everyone elses best interest in heart. He brought modern technology to the town and has made appearances all over the nation at police conferences. He has been to San Diego among others where everyone was impressed by his work and ideas. Chief Lands brings only positive and GOOD things to Waverly and all local businesses and citizens feel comfortable with his presence. Even people like me, who lives in a totally different county, feels comfortable driving through Waverly or feels comfortable calling them in any instance I may need help. As a business owner and running the town's website, I have written the town a letter stating I will be no longer giving them maintenance services for their website in protest for Chief Land's cause. I hope they realize what they have done. They have taken a turn for the worse for the Town of Waverly by letting him go.
Marvin Raiford jr.

Washington, DC

#4 Jul 14, 2012
It is a shame a man lost his job, because he did his job.
I'm raising kids in this town, and buying a house. With decisions like this, not only am i worried about my property value hit rock bottom ,BUT MY KIDS SAFETY . I never payed much attention to town politics. My eyes are open now
Concerned citizen

Marbury, MD

#5 Jul 14, 2012
This man is uneducated, bias and race driven and is a downright bigot.
Concerned citizen

Spotsylvania, VA

#6 Jul 15, 2012
Mr mason is ruining the town of wavery. I live in waverly and the only thing that was holding the town together was chief Kevin Lands and his hard working officers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for couples (Nov '14) 1 hr thickdickcheany 17
waverly book store (Jul '13) 1 hr thickdickcheany 1,079
whats the waverly bookstore address? Jul 27 smoothie243 2
waverly bookstore fun (Nov '11) Jul 25 YOUNGnREADY 117
News Juvenile shot on Hinton Street (Oct '09) Jul 22 twiddle 4
Motel Next to book store (Mar '11) Jul 19 Deeann 4
waverly country bookstore (Jun '14) Jul 5 Summer 61
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waverly Mortgages