waverly adult book store.
GoFigure

Bowie, MD

#7796 Nov 23, 2012
Cplthatwent wrote:
We are a male female couple that went there on a Saturday night a few weeks ago. It was our first time going there, we didn't know the rules. So we went outside to smoke a cigeratte. Came back inside and my wife saw some guy she liked went outside in the back. She went out to ask him a question and the guy behind the counter came out yelling at us to get in our car and leave. My question is what the hell did we do wrong? It was the worst place I've ever been to.
If what you are saying is accurate, then, you did not do anything wrong. One guy that works there over reacts a lot. He's probably bi-polar or something. You might want to talk to the owner (James) for more insight. He's approachable to talk.
curious

Williamsburg, VA

#7797 Nov 23, 2012
so... would it be a waste of time to go tonight or are there any ladies/couples going to play tonight???

[email protected]
curved-nicely

Williamsburg, VA

#7798 Nov 23, 2012
any ladies heading out tonight?
any passable TS?
anyone?
anyone at all???
Thckone

Norfolk, VA

#7799 Nov 23, 2012
I keep hearing about this place, I'm going today (Saturday 24th) around noon, hope it isn't a waste of time. I'm a 6'1 brown skin bisexual male if anybody else will be going...you can email me at [email protected]
lking4cpls

United States

#7800 Nov 24, 2012
Cplthatwent wrote:
We are a male female couple that went there on a Saturday night a few weeks ago. It was our first time going there, we didn't know the rules. So we went outside to smoke a cigeratte. Came back inside and my wife saw some guy she liked went outside in the back. She went out to ask him a question and the guy behind the counter came out yelling at us to get in our car and leave. My question is what the hell did we do wrong? It was the worst place I've ever been to.
If my guess is right you found the guy that wears a gun on his belt. To me he is like Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith show. One bullet in his pocket but he continually discourages anything positive. I have know idea why he comes in and says he has to reset the booths. Which means turning the lights on in the back--chasing everyone out of the booth area. For the life of me, the booths and the movies playing are controlled from the front. There is no magic button in each of the booths that resets them. It is all controlled from behind the counter.

Since: Dec 11

Franklin, VA

#7801 Nov 24, 2012
lking4cpls wrote:
<quoted text>
If my guess is right you found the guy that wears a gun on his belt. To me he is like Barney Fife on the Andy Griffith show. One bullet in his pocket but he continually discourages anything positive. I have know idea why he comes in and says he has to reset the booths. Which means turning the lights on in the back--chasing everyone out of the booth area. For the life of me, the booths and the movies playing are controlled from the front. There is no magic button in each of the booths that resets them. It is all controlled from behind the counter.
Let me start with the resetting of the booths... they run by putting "Real Money" in them... not from the front. I would advise that you truly know what you are talking about. As to why people are not allowed to hang in the parking lot.... we have an agreement with the City that NO ONE will be out there other than a quick smoke or phone call.

As to wearing a gun on his belt.... I am usually the only person that "wears" a gun...

If there is a problem call me at the store, I work Mon - Fri 8am - around 3pm. Ask for Jim the manager
srp

Virginia Beach, VA

#7802 Nov 25, 2012
HungSailor wrote:
Anyone want to make plans to meet there Friday? 24 bi blk m 9.5c 6'2 180lbs pierced nipples :)
holy hell let me know when you will be there and i will go. i would die to see that cock come through a hole and let me suck it......will go in theatre and suck in public too. i am 40 wm
lking4cpls

United States

#7803 Nov 25, 2012
BDSM Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me start with the resetting of the booths... they run by putting "Real Money" in them... not from the front. I would advise that you truly know what you are talking about. As to why people are not allowed to hang in the parking lot.... we have an agreement with the City that NO ONE will be out there other than a quick smoke or phone call.
As to wearing a gun on his belt.... I am usually the only person that "wears" a gun...
If there is a problem call me at the store, I work Mon - Fri 8am - around 3pm. Ask for Jim the manager
Sorry about the confusion on the "resetting" the booths. I had no idea that you had to feed them for us to see them for free. My bad. I guess all I can say is thanks for resetting them. I just had no idea that when I was in the theatre and 10 guys stumbled in it was because you were doing work to keep us all happy. Thanks for the info.
Lisatheshemale

Marietta, GA

#7804 Nov 26, 2012
*Waves at BDSMguy* Long time no see, how's Rift?

I'm probably going sometime around noon or one. If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected]
Waverlyabs

Franklin, VA

#7805 Nov 26, 2012
Hey guys, James here. BDSMGuy was correct. Twice a day, we load the booths with money to run each booth for 8.5 hours. When the new booth system goes in we will no longer have to do that, the machines will run automatically... but for now we have to physically put money in each booth in order to provide free viewing. For the employees safety, I have directed them to make sure that all customers are out of the booth area while they reload the booths. To the couple that posted about Saturday night... years ago, when I first took over this place, I made an agreement with local law enforcement that we would follow certain rules. As long as we follow certain rules, local law enforcement lets us police our selves. One of the biggest rules we have to follow is to prevent any and all loitering outside of the building. We all know that often perception doesn't equal reality, but when a woman and a man are conversing out in the back parking lot, it gives outside forces the *perception* that we are allowing prostitution. For that reason, we have to be very strict about that particular rule, and encourage people to smoke inside the building at designated smoking areas, and encourage them to converse and mingle inside the building. As long as we strictly enforce that rule, it prevents our customers from being harassed by law enforcement. I hope that clears up any confusion, and hope to see the number of couples continue to increase. I'm working with my clerks to get them to soften their approach while enforcing the rules. I also wanted to thank our cutomer base... overall attendance has been through the roof, and the number of couples coming in has vastly increased on night shifts. We've been beta testing the new on demand video booth system, and we're ready to install as soon as we work out a kink or two on the control panel system. We've greatly increased our retail inventory, and with the success of running a 3rd shift on the weekends, we are planning to go to remaining open 24 hours 7 days a week in about two weeks. As always, if any customer has any concerns, feel free to contact James monday through saturday during daytime hours.
Lisatheshemale

Marietta, GA

#7806 Nov 26, 2012
James has always been nice and easy to talk to, if you have any complaints feel free to talk to him.

Easily approachable and a great guy.
srp

Virginia Beach, VA

#7807 Nov 26, 2012
Lisatheshemale wrote:
*Waves at BDSMguy* Long time no see, how's Rift?
I'm probably going sometime around noon or one. If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected]
Hi Lisa I sent you an email, but thought I would leave one here as well. I would love to know more about you.....I LOVE shemales and it is my ultimate fantasy! hope to hear from you.
Curious

Norfolk, VA

#7808 Nov 26, 2012
Waverlyabs wrote:
Hey guys, James here. BDSMGuy was correct. Twice a day, we load the booths with money to run each booth for 8.5 hours. When the new booth system goes in we will no longer have to do that, the machines will run automatically... but for now we have to physically put money in each booth in order to provide free viewing. For the employees safety, I have directed them to make sure that all customers are out of the booth area while they reload the booths. To the couple that posted about Saturday night... years ago, when I first took over this place, I made an agreement with local law enforcement that we would follow certain rules. As long as we follow certain rules, local law enforcement lets us police our selves. One of the biggest rules we have to follow is to prevent any and all loitering outside of the building. We all know that often perception doesn't equal reality, but when a woman and a man are conversing out in the back parking lot, it gives outside forces the *perception* that we are allowing prostitution. For that reason, we have to be very strict about that particular rule, and encourage people to smoke inside the building at designated smoking areas, and encourage them to converse and mingle inside the building. As long as we strictly enforce that rule, it prevents our customers from being harassed by law enforcement. I hope that clears up any confusion, and hope to see the number of couples continue to increase. I'm working with my clerks to get them to soften their approach while enforcing the rules. I also wanted to thank our cutomer base... overall attendance has been through the roof, and the number of couples coming in has vastly increased on night shifts. We've been beta testing the new on demand video booth system, and we're ready to install as soon as we work out a kink or two on the control panel system. We've greatly increased our retail inventory, and with the success of running a 3rd shift on the weekends, we are planning to go to remaining open 24 hours 7 days a week in about two weeks. As always, if any customer has any concerns, feel free to contact James monday through saturday during daytime hours.
Thank you for dissolving the rumors. I have actually avoided visiting for some time based on the negative comments made here and elswhere regarding some of your staff and the overall experience. Please contact me if you would as I have a couple questions that I feel would be better answered by someone in your position.
[email protected]
Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
adulttheaterfun

United States

#7809 Nov 26, 2012
Hey everyone, this blog is outstanding. And WABS doesn't get enough reporting. I would like to encourage some WABS input. http://dremiliolizardo.blogspot.com/
Let's build up the rep of one of the best bookstores in the nation.
Sda

Richmond, VA

#7810 Nov 26, 2012
Hi I'm a 22wm in richmond have always ready about the book store and really would like to visit and hopefully have some luck ;) if anyone can email me and let me know what really goes on and what is the best time to go would really appreciate it
My email is [email protected]
Ricsexycouple

Mechanicsville, VA

#7811 Nov 26, 2012
James , We echo the sentiments of a some of your patrons about the heavy set guy behind the counter . We had just pulled up in the front and my wife was finishing her coffee from the ride down from Rich. We had only been sitting in our own car for 2 minutes when I look up and your guys was cursing @ us w/hand gestures. I understand the no loitering scenario now after reading the forum , but his delivery was not acceptable. Simple conversation would have solved the problem quickly and we would have come in immediately,but w/no explanation just a rude and obnoxious attitude we were put off and decided to leave. We have visited 6 times in the last 2 months and have always had fun & were looking forward to an equally good time after driving 1.5 hours from our home. I know you get complaints about him all the time, but other than that instance he has been somewhat cordial. Our two cents
later tonight

Baltimore, MD

#7812 Nov 26, 2012
Any other couples going tonight?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7813 Nov 27, 2012
I am trying to get there one day this week. I am wondering if there are any cd/tv that are mature and in the hampton roads area would like to hit the bookstore lets say from 10 30 am till like 2 pm. I will probably line up a room and change and get on the road around 9 30 and will probably come back and hang out en femme till about 5 or so. If you like just recommend a place you are comfortable meeting and we can go from there. I havent been there in almost a year and look forward to the trip as it can be such a fun ride too.
[email protected]
Home doctor

Newport News, VA

#7814 Nov 27, 2012
Ricsexycouple wrote:
James , We echo the sentiments of a some of your patrons about the heavy set guy behind the counter . We had just pulled up in the front and my wife was finishing her coffee from the ride down from Rich. We had only been sitting in our own car for 2 minutes when I look up and your guys was cursing @ us w/hand gestures. I understand the no loitering scenario now after reading the forum , but his delivery was not acceptable. Simple conversation would have solved the problem quickly and we would have come in immediately,but w/no explanation just a rude and obnoxious attitude we were put off and decided to leave. We have visited 6 times in the last 2 months and have always had fun & were looking forward to an equally good time after driving 1.5 hours from our home. I know you get complaints about him all the time, but other than that instance he has been somewhat cordial. Our two cents
James i hear you talk about trying to build up the place and the increase of customers. looks like to me this guy will hurt your business and needs to go. there are a lot of ways to enforce the house rules with out being a ass about it. i have also seen him in action in the front parking lot and it was drawing a lot of attention from people at 7-11.
New Year Reset

Paducah, KY

#7815 Nov 27, 2012
Folks, it's the holiday season and please have some compassion. No one needs to loose their job right now. We all know whom is being singled out here and I'm sure he knows what is being talked about. Also, Jim stated earlier that he is the only one that "wears" a gun. Not true, unless something has changed in the last few months. I've seen the exchange of the semiautomatic pistol in the retail area. Most businesses prohibit guns (legal or otherwise) and any weapons being brought inside the premises. It is NOT a good idea for anyone to be armed in this establishment. It is an incident waiting to happen and I'm sure it will not turn out well for WABS management/owners in the final analysis. No matter how qualified a person is with weapons, there is always the possibility for loss of life UNNECESSARILY. Read the news. A person recently lost their life for stealing a DVD player. Although there were no weapons involved, if a weapon was available, there could have been a much worse ending to this story. You can't outdraw someone that already has the drop on you and is aware that you are armed. Anyways, the weapons policy for ALL should be considered, SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED. The New Year is coming. Why can't everyone just see what the New Year brings with regard to this latest escalation of complaints against this guy. Hopefully he will understand that people just will not tolerate being treated unfairly. Before jumping to a conclusion, have solid evidence before alienating people. You ARE attacking people, some unnecessarily, and it is demeaning and brings a very negative light upon WABS. Just my two cents (and my $20).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
waverly book store (Jul '13) Tue Bi muscular guy 1,889
looking for couples (Nov '14) Mon Jones 24
Fun time Jan 13 Jones 5
Phone nim Dec 27 Denny 2
1 on 1 sex (Jul '11) Dec 21 Sexy z 28
waverly country bookstore (Jun '14) Dec '16 Hoeblow006 105
Attractive MF first timers (Apr '16) Dec '16 Freakyfun4allus 12

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance