Intersection at wal-mart

Intersection at wal-mart

Posted in the Waverly Forum

Concern

Marion, OH

#1 Jul 7, 2010
There has been a lot of accidents there. What's going on with that? Can anyone recall some. Several motorcycles and others has gotten hurt there.
Almost Hit

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 7, 2010
I was nearly hit last week by a woman driving a late model red Lincoln Town Car going 60+ MPH through a light that had been red for her for 3 to 4 seconds. She was heading south and didn't act like she even knew a light was there - probably yakking on a cell phone. If Waverly ever wanted to put in red light cameras, I would have no problem with one there. One at the Speedway intersection would be constantly snapping pictures, too!
Shopper

Van Wert, OH

#3 Jul 7, 2010
When walmart leaves they can take the light down.
sunshine 9

Van Wert, OH

#4 Jul 8, 2010
I was hit there a couple of years ago. I was driving south and the light was green, there was an old man in the left lane and i was a few car lengths behind him in the right lane. A woman was in the northbound turn lane and she just turned right into the man and he spun around in front of me and i hit him going about 50. His car was totalled and so was mine. She called me at home later and said that she had the green arrow and that the two of us must've run a red light. Then said that the police told her that they have all kinds of problems with that light. i don't know about that.

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#5 Jul 8, 2010
Shopper wrote:
When walmart leaves they can take the light down.
We could only hope.

What would be really nice is a Target or Meijers across the street from them lol.

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#6 Jul 8, 2010
sunshine 9 wrote:
I was hit there a couple of years ago. I was driving south and the light was green, there was an old man in the left lane and i was a few car lengths behind him in the right lane. A woman was in the northbound turn lane and she just turned right into the man and he spun around in front of me and i hit him going about 50. His car was totalled and so was mine. She called me at home later and said that she had the green arrow and that the two of us must've run a red light. Then said that the police told her that they have all kinds of problems with that light. i don't know about that.
Oh that's strange. I've been in 3 accidents myself. One (my first one) was absolutely my fault. I was 19, not paying attention looking down, doing around 37ish, looked up to see 3 stopped cars in front of me BAM! Just that fast. I hit the car in front of me so hard, she hit the car in front of her, then I hit them again, so it was like a double hit. My airbags didn't come out, but my passenger who wasn't wearing the seatbelt because it was broke, hit the windshield and cracked it. The lady in front of the car I actually rear-ended came out with her granddaughter (whom was running around as 5 year olds do) just looking around, she ended up being life flighted to columbus along with her grand daughter. I was ok, my passenger just sustained a minor neck injury and some head trauma, and the lady in front of me whom I hit didn't even go the hospital to get checked out. Got kicked from my insurance for that one. From that day forward, I will not move my vehicle if I have passengers until they put their seat belt on and I've always wore mine.

So then Karma comes along and a few years later I was in Kingston at the red light in front of the fire house around 11pm coming home from work. I looked in my rear view mirror and see to small headlights coming up behind me, I look up at the light, it's still red. I look back in my rear view and the two lights weren't there BAM! Just like that, I was rear ended. We pull over into the firehouse parking lot, and this drunk lady staggers out,'oooohhh my goddddddd, are you okkkkkkkk?' I was like wow, are you serious? Well, I didn't call the sheriff so I didn't report it. She gave me her name and number and she actually payed for my cracked bumper cover about a month later.

Three months later, I'm at the red light on bridge street, turning left to get onto 35. This kid comes up and rear ends me. He was totally freaking out because it was his girlfriend's car in which he stated "begged" her to use so he could go and get something to eat. I was just in total disbelief that I was rear ended again in such a short period of time. FORTUNATELY, I haven't been in an accident since, hit a deer once but I'm not going to count that.
Wow this turned out to be a long post, sorry folks :)
Underrated

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 8, 2010
There's a reason they are called incidents and not accidents!
sunshine 9

Van Wert, OH

#8 Jul 8, 2010
Citazen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh that's strange. I've been in 3 accidents myself. One (my first one) was absolutely my fault. I was 19, not paying attention looking down, doing around 37ish, looked up to see 3 stopped cars in front of me BAM! Just that fast. I hit the car in front of me so hard, she hit the car in front of her, then I hit them again, so it was like a double hit. My airbags didn't come out, but my passenger who wasn't wearing the seatbelt because it was broke, hit the windshield and cracked it. The lady in front of the car I actually rear-ended came out with her granddaughter (whom was running around as 5 year olds do) just looking around, she ended up being life flighted to columbus along with her grand daughter. I was ok, my passenger just sustained a minor neck injury and some head trauma, and the lady in front of me whom I hit didn't even go the hospital to get checked out. Got kicked from my insurance for that one. From that day forward, I will not move my vehicle if I have passengers until they put their seat belt on and I've always wore mine.
So then Karma comes along and a few years later I was in Kingston at the red light in front of the fire house around 11pm coming home from work. I looked in my rear view mirror and see to small headlights coming up behind me, I look up at the light, it's still red. I look back in my rear view and the two lights weren't there BAM! Just like that, I was rear ended. We pull over into the firehouse parking lot, and this drunk lady staggers out,'oooohhh my goddddddd, are you okkkkkkkk?' I was like wow, are you serious? Well, I didn't call the sheriff so I didn't report it. She gave me her name and number and she actually payed for my cracked bumper cover about a month later.
Three months later, I'm at the red light on bridge street, turning left to get onto 35. This kid comes up and rear ends me. He was totally freaking out because it was his girlfriend's car in which he stated "begged" her to use so he could go and get something to eat. I was just in total disbelief that I was rear ended again in such a short period of time. FORTUNATELY, I haven't been in an accident since, hit a deer once but I'm not going to count that.
Wow this turned out to be a long post, sorry folks :)
I think my sister was rearended in the same spot on bridge street by a teenager.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to LLOYD'S PIZZA? :( 5 hr Jimbob 4
ITT you prove your'e a Trump supporter 7 hr roughneck 1
ITT you prove you're white 8 hr roughneck 1
Pike County Hash Bust Thread??? 13 hr BigB 1
JEM construction 13 hr BigB 4
Dear Friends 13 hr BigB 3
Po Po running wild in Pike? (Jun '08) 17 hr junebug 26

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance