BIG drug bust
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Uh Huh

Van Wert, OH

#21 Aug 23, 2010
Marijuana plants with a total street value of $22 million were discovered Friday in the western part of Pike County.

Authorities found 22,000 plants in the areas of Grassy Fork and Green Ridge roads while conducting an eradication operation, Pike County Sheriff Richard Henderson said Monday in a press release.

The Pike County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by several law enforcement agencies including the Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification, the Ross County Sheriff’s Office and special response teams from the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility and Chillicothe Correctional Institute.
http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/201...
Do you mean to tell me one plant is worth $10,000 ???
How many are you allowed to grow. Seems I'm in the wrong business. I think this is highly inflated numbers.
jesse

Bridgeport, WV

#22 Aug 23, 2010
Western friend wrote:
Heard there were 2,200 plants found.
chillicothe gazette says 22,000 plants and 22 million
jesse

Bridgeport, WV

#23 Aug 23, 2010
oops I was reading on the first page before i commented. I see it is already there! lol
Nope

Bridgeport, WV

#24 Aug 23, 2010
piketon resident

Van Wert, OH

#25 Aug 23, 2010
Face the Facts wrote:
Now they need to clean up the drugies behind the Speedway station in Waverly. They know they are there but wont go after them.
yea cause city police are too worried bout barking dogs..........lmao and you think thats a bad place go to walnut street park nothing but drugs fights and idiots.
you2

Columbus, OH

#26 Aug 23, 2010
Uh Huh wrote:
...Do you mean to tell me one plant is worth $10,000 ???
How many are you allowed to grow. Seems I'm in the wrong business. I think this is highly inflated numbers.
$22,000,000 divided by 22,000 plants equals $1,000 per plant - not $10,000. Still a pretty hefty profit - a bit more than a stalk of corn!
dopeless

Van Wert, OH

#27 Aug 23, 2010
Still using flyovers from Pike County airport. Looking for them plants. bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do when Rich comes for you?
pc_girl

United States

#28 Aug 24, 2010
I heard it was on Junior Longs land. Is that true?
two people

Far Rockaway, NY

#29 Aug 25, 2010
There goes the pike county underground economy. I hope they keep the unemployment checks coming in. Get your guns out, because we are going to have more robberies.

Since: Jun 10

Van Wert, OH

#30 Aug 25, 2010
it is very unlikely to get 1000 bucks out of every plant..they would have to be loaded down with buds..big buds..like the size of corn cobs buds..lol.
laughing

United States

#31 Aug 26, 2010
anyone who believes the "estimated value" they post in the news paper is dellusional. they infalte the price all to hell to make it look better in the paper and to public appeal. i wouldnt even believe the plant count they give out, let alone the value of the plants.
Tap

Chicago, IL

#32 Aug 26, 2010
Can't blame this one on Vance.
Plant counter

Portsmouth, OH

#33 Aug 26, 2010
Do you think there were 22,000 plants or just a guess? I do not think they can count to 22,000.
bad

Columbus, OH

#34 Aug 26, 2010
Plant counter wrote:
Do you think there were 22,000 plants or just a guess? I do not think they can count to 22,000.
They were probably counting the leaves. They inflate the numbers to 1. make themselves look good, 2. garner public support, and 3. get more grant money. The plants in channel 4's video looked young - hardly worth what they were saying.
opix

Far Rockaway, NY

#35 Aug 26, 2010
Bring it back to the top.
opix

Far Rockaway, NY

#38 Aug 26, 2010
There aren't even 22,000 corn plants between Waverly and Piketon. You can tell that our local law enforcement have never farmed.
Stephanie

AOL

#39 Nov 21, 2010
Face the Facts wrote:
Now they need to clean up the drugies behind the Speedway station in Waverly. They know they are there but wont go after them.
Uh i live behind speedway that doesn't make me a druggy shut up
Face the facts

United States

#40 Nov 21, 2010
I said there are drugheads behind speedway I didnt say who? do you feel guilty
Just Saying

Van Wert, OH

#41 Nov 21, 2010
opix wrote:
There aren't even 22,000 corn plants between Waverly and Piketon. You can tell that our local law enforcement have never farmed.
I'm thinking you are wrong.
http://www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications...
omg

United States

#42 Nov 24, 2010
They'll never get all the dealers. When they father them they get out of jail and do it all over again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ever skipped jury duty in Pike County? 1 hr Skipper 1
Justin Vanhoose (murder?) 3 hr Hillside 4
Hometown Chevy worker 5 hr Camero15 1
tiffany reese (Jan '17) 11 hr Greasy 7
Waverly PD 11 hr Zach 7
John strong 11 hr Pike County Sucks 10
How is the food at Hot HeadBretos ? 11 hr Explosive diarrhea 11

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance