fire mr. knight !!!
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
WHS Student

Van Wert, OH

#1 Nov 18, 2010
John Knight is a new teacher in the Waverly High School he teaches Science, though he has been with the waverly school district for many years. He is the kinda teacher that calls students name such as: "Retards" "Stupid" and many other names he can make up or find. He kicks students out of his classroom at least ten times a day. Parents do you want your children being tought by this inconsiderit man. This is the kind of guy that thinks his Sh*t don't stink. He is a big jerk. Mr. Hoover and others that are in charge really must not care because he is still teaching there.
WHAT DO YOU THINK!!!
english major

Van Wert, OH

#2 Nov 18, 2010
I think he needs to teach spelling and you should attend his class.
Agree

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2010
LOL LOL LOL
utoo

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Nov 18, 2010
I think if you stop being a jerk in his class, he'll stop kicking you out!
Agreed

Van Wert, OH

#5 Nov 18, 2010
I was always in advanced classes so I never had the unfortunate oppotunity to sit in his class. However, he was the asst. girl's basketball coach when I played and I can completely see where you are coming from. He was very arrogant and cocky and had no clue how to deal with or speak to teenage girls. He lacks sensitivity and common sense. I understand that ppl are mean and they pick on others, kinda like this post, but I don't think anyone in his position should treat students or the athletes he coaches the way that he does.
waverlygirl

Hayesville, OH

#6 Nov 18, 2010
why are you complaining... you think he should treat you like a baby and get away with acting childish? i had him in junior high and never had a problem with him although yes he did yell and was very strict with students. but i can honestly say he only acted that way toward the people who were acting like they were in 2nd grade. if you asked him a question he wont right out give you the answer but he will never refuse to help a student understand something. grow up its called tough love. thats whats wrong with america... people babying kids, YOU HAVE TO GROW UP SOME TIME.
tigerfans

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 19, 2010
HE IS A JERK AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN. WE COULD HEAR HIM CALLING PEOPLE TARDS ON THE RADIO DURING A FOOTBALL GAME BUT MRS. FRANCIS DIDN'T CARE AND IT WAS BROUGHT TO HER ATTENTION. ALL SHE CARES ABOUT IS BAND AND NOT TO CAUSE PROBLEMS.
ANYWAY FIRE HIM IN THE CLASSROOM AND ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD HE IS TO NEGATIVE.
Tee

Van Wert, OH

#8 Nov 19, 2010
People, Please listen too your kids.
grow up

Staten Island, NY

#9 Nov 19, 2010
waverlygirl wrote:
why are you complaining... you think he should treat you like a baby and get away with acting childish? i had him in junior high and never had a problem with him although yes he did yell and was very strict with students. but i can honestly say he only acted that way toward the people who were acting like they were in 2nd grade. if you asked him a question he wont right out give you the answer but he will never refuse to help a student understand something. grow up its called tough love. thats whats wrong with america... people babying kids, YOU HAVE TO GROW UP SOME TIME.
If he calls people names and makes fun of them, he is the one that needs to grow up, especially since he is the educated adult. Since the school is going broke, just wait when parents have to pay to play and then hear the complaints. The problems have only just begun.
Lifegoeson

Van Wert, OH

#10 Nov 19, 2010
While I don't think teachers have an easy job,these days, I just hope the name calling is not accurate.No one benifits from being called a "retard". It's bad enough that the kids use this term, let alone a teacher.
utoo

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Nov 19, 2010
If the kids stopped acting like 'retards', then maybe they wouldn't be called 'retards'.
Straight Up

Marietta, OH

#12 Nov 19, 2010
Guys a dick always has been, always will be. Cocky , and for what? Always been amazed with his arrogance and I graduated 15yrs ago...lol!
considerthesourc e

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Nov 19, 2010
Ask anyone who was in the press box or anyone who was listening to the live radio broadcast. I just consider the source, because he is what he calls others.
i have respect

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Nov 19, 2010
Mr. Knight is an awesome teacher.. I can't believe some little immature idiot wants to actually get on here and bash him - just shows you know only how to cause problems... Come to Huntington Schools Mr. Knight - at least you'd be appreciated more!!!!
just sayin

Van Wert, OH

#15 Nov 19, 2010
I still remember him from the days when his son pitched at the baseball fields. The conduct that I witnessed there out of this guy showed me that he had no business having access to children. There was also mention about an incident there? I don't know the details, and unlike many of the other visitors to this site-I will not speculate on the drama around it. It blows my mind that he has gotten away with, and continues to get away with some of the junk he pulls. I absolutely believe that with the anger and temper he has, he will one day take it too far. Just hope that Waverly City Schools can afford the lawsuit and I hope that noone gets hurt. I wonder what happened to him to make him such a miserable human being? I bet he wasn't breast-fed as a child or something. Definitely issues.
waverlygirl

Portsmouth, OH

#16 Nov 19, 2010
Lifegoeson wrote:
While I don't think teachers have an easy job,these days, I just hope the name calling is not accurate.No one benifits from being called a "retard". It's bad enough that the kids use this term, let alone a teacher.
i have NEVER ever witnessed him call someone a name! and just for your information maybe thats the only way to get through to some of these kids... knock them out of their comfort zone. why dont you be a parent and go speak with him if this is the case... if its not and your not willing to go to the school shut up and let him do his job
just sayin

Van Wert, OH

#17 Nov 19, 2010
We actually had words at the ball field. I have fortunately not had to deal with him in the school setting. So-yes I was big enough to speak with him in person. I did witness him call names first hand. I would not speak to my worst enemy the way that I saw him speak to his son. What was sad is that his son was mimicking that behavior to his team mates. Looks like he is on his way to becoming a chip off the old block. You would have to have been there to believe how inappropriately they were both acting on one particular day. I could not show my face back there after I had acted like that. I don't think if you would like to ask around, you would have much trouble finding many others around Waverly that have witnessed the very same things. Apparently you have not dealt with him or we wouldn't be having this exchange. I am the first person to say that kids today have things too easy. I believe in tough love myself but you cannot scream or carry on like that. NO-that is not how you get through to kids. The difference between Discipline and abuse is constructivism. You discipline with love and patience. Abuse is done with anger and hostility and If you witness this guy in action-I have no doubt you will see what many of us are talking about.
mama9

King George, VA

#18 Nov 19, 2010
ya i know he should be fired i was kicked out of his class two days in a row beacause he likes to be mouthy and rude to his students and i wont stand for that FIRE THE FATTTT MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Lifegoeson

Frankfort, OH

#19 Nov 19, 2010
waverlygirl wrote:
<quoted text>
i have NEVER ever witnessed him call someone a name! and just for your information maybe thats the only way to get through to some of these kids... knock them out of their comfort zone. why dont you be a parent and go speak with him if this is the case... if its not and your not willing to go to the school shut up and let him do his job
If you are the product of his teaching, he has failed. Your little snotty attitude might be Ok for high school, but not in the real world. If a teacher has to reduce himself to calling a student a name, he has lost the battle. No one in their right mind would think this is good teaching or parenting.
Annie

King George, VA

#20 Nov 19, 2010
ok, so yeahh! he should be fired because he thinks that he can disrespect his students and not expect them to retaliate against him. Just because he is a teacher doesn't mean you may call your students names and treat them like they are stupid. Thank you(:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u really know Mandy Little-Dixon? 5 hr uhuh 15
Sheriff Election 5 hr Al Lewis 205
Pike County Sheriff 8 hr justthefacts 17
does anyone know travis looney (Nov '10) 9 hr Cowboy 11
Shorty 18 hr wow 2
Missile expert confirms Flat Earth. 19 hr Ferdinand 10
Fwb Tue Code4020 3

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance