Do you remember?
lolwut

Athens, OH

#391 Sep 27, 2012
I think Rhoads Meat Market was where AAA is now beside Hunter's.
Resident

Van Wert, OH

#392 Sep 27, 2012
Remember the school bells when school started and ended and recess time?
Remember the 12:00 (Noon) whistle?
hair raiser

United States

#393 Sep 29, 2012
Meat market was at the aaa they built it new. Before that it s where wendys is now.
Crazy

United States

#395 Oct 7, 2012
Remember when Santa and his elves would set up shop at jones boys parking lot
citizen

United States

#396 Oct 7, 2012
Has anyone mentioned the Krouse House. I believe it was in the area where Ponderosa/Buffalo Bills is. Kegley Pharmacy & Helmans Floral. Also the Murphy's 5 and 10 store.
mercy

United States

#397 Oct 7, 2012
Can anyone remember Mrs. Crouse's first name? Does anyone know if she was a teacher at Huntington School?
april

United States

#398 Oct 15, 2012
this was a interesting thread...my grandmother elsie massie use to run the tater patch, i was told that she cooked the best burgers around
remember

United States

#399 Oct 25, 2012
do you rememmber when waverly was a city
lolwut

Van Wert, OH

#400 Oct 25, 2012
LuckyG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Waverly PD Meter Maid was Betty Mulhair (or Muldair), she was quite sneaky, she got me a few times. I once paid a disputed $5.00 parking ticket with 500 pennies, she wasn't pleased.
We used to call her "OLD LEATHER BRITCHES"
april

New Albany, IN

#401 Oct 26, 2012
who did you use to call OLD LEATHER BRITCHES
senior citizen

Wilmington, OH

#402 Oct 28, 2012
Observer wrote:
Acy's pool hall - you paid a 'ball racker' a nickle to rack the balls for you to play.
Landmark farm bureau where Wendy's parking lot now sits. Used to get bottles of Pepsi out of one of those ice boxes where you had to slide the bottle to an opening to get it out.
Western Auto where CJ Electric is now. Always went there for bicycle parts and accessories.
Jameson's Drug Store - best vanilla coke in town at their soda fountain even before coke ever came out with their own. Great root beer floats, too.
A&W Root Beer where the Moose is now. Car hop service to your car.
Drive In theater where Adena is now on 104.
Atomic Drive In theater at end of Howard Road where church is now. Loved Thursday's "Lucky Buck Night" - one dollar a carload. You wouldn't believe how many teens will fit in an old Willys station wagon!
do you remember "Chris George" and his greasy hamburgers. He was located in the AMV Building across from library
cake

Chillicothe, OH

#403 Oct 28, 2012
Does anyone remember a christmas show put on in the late seventies by save me piece of the cake Frank Swearagen? I think thats how it is spelled......who knows. It was at the old senior citizens building in waverly,It was horrible and very cheap lol!
waverly used to be

Strongsville, OH

#404 Jan 27, 2013
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
do you remember "Chris George" and his greasy hamburgers. He was located i the AMV Building across from library
also you cud get smokes penney a piece.
Kim

United States

#405 Jan 27, 2013
I still like Waverly wrote:
I don't remember much about the outside of Waverly. I grew up in Waverly and have lots of good memories. Like Schimidts, the Tiger Den, Noels family Restaurant, Stag bar, Rhoades Meat Mkt, Atomic Drive Inn, Jones Boys, A&P store, Sundry Store, Trebers store, Stop and Go and etc. What was the pharmacys name that was located where the FNB and the alley meet?
Sell-O!
Kim

United States

#406 Jan 27, 2013
Way back when wrote:
Do you remember in the fall they had a snake dance through the streets of Waverly?
yes back in the good ole days!
curious mind

Columbus, OH

#407 Jan 28, 2013
Wall_flower wrote:
<quoted text>
I do remember the Sundry Store!
I remember the sundry store too. my mom worked there when I was a kid.
waverlycitizen

United States

#408 Jan 28, 2013
I just want to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this post. its refreshing to get on here and read something worthwhile instead of the usual he said/she said stuff. Does anyone remember the beehive? My family members have mentioned drinking there sometimes when they were younger, and also can anyone tell me about the old Greenbaums store? it may be too old for anyone to remember but I figured its worth asking anyways.
hair raiser

Highland, MI

#409 Jan 28, 2013
waverly used to be wrote:
<quoted text>also you cud get smokes penney a piece.
My dad used to buy cigs from him when he was a kid .
hair raiser

Astoria, NY

#411 Jan 28, 2013
Browns pharmacy had a counter in the back . Kegleys too next to Big Bear.
lifegoeson

Napoleon, OH

#412 Jan 28, 2013
hair raiser wrote:
Browns pharmacy had a counter in the back . Kegleys too next to Big Bear.
Browns had cherry cokes for a nickle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thrive 19 min Jennifer 6
Would you date zack scaggs? 19 hr Anal Andy 6
Reliable Housekeepers in the Piketon, Waverly, ... Tue Gravel 18
Courtney crabtree and keith stiltner the child ... Mon Yolanda 8
Is she stealing Mon Alice In Chains 2
Frank Wagner and Ashley Schieser (Nov '13) Sun Wowzers 6
Jessica Hixon Nov 19 lloyd 2

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance