way back

Van Wert, OH

#369 Jun 16, 2010
That was the Thursday night before the homecoming game against Minford
Helen

Fishers, IN

#370 Jun 16, 2010
I still like Waverly wrote:
What was the name of the coal company that was located on Ford Ave?
Litters
Son of Waverly

Van Wert, OH

#371 Jun 26, 2010
Do you remember the trolley rails on Market Street that went from the railroad station to the Emmitt House? When riding my bicycle in the 60s, you had to miss the ruts or you would wreck.
I still like Waverly

Dublin, OH

#372 Jul 15, 2010
Do you remember going out and turning the antenna to get reception on the TV? I was in the 7th grade before we got an automatic antenna turner. Then in my junior year at WHS we got cable. All 13 channels!

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#373 Jul 15, 2010
Do you remember going out and turning the antenna to get reception on the TV? I was in the 7th grade before we got an automatic antenna turner. Then in my junior year at WHS we got cable. All 13 channels!
Ha, was it Dimension Cable back then, or did Dimension come later?
old tiger

Columbus, OH

#374 Jul 15, 2010
Do you remember when the radio station was called WPKO,it was out by Lake White?They had guest dj's on Sats..We did request & dedications.What fun.
George

United States

#375 Jul 16, 2010
Do you remember the janitor at West elementary named "Howard"? I think his wife was named Bonnie. They lived at the corner of the alley and Lock St. Where Vallery Ford is now. I can't remember their last name.
Stern? Sturn? something like that?
Observer

Columbus, OH

#376 Jul 16, 2010
old tiger wrote:
Do you remember when the radio station was called WPKO,it was out by Lake White?They had guest dj's on Sats..We did request & dedications.What fun.
Yes, then it moved to the building across the alley from the sheriff's office. After that, I believe it moved to a house on 220 just west of Pleasant Hill Road. I'm not sure just when they changed their call letters, though.
pike county kid

Portsmouth, OH

#377 Oct 23, 2010
Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I remember that! I think they closed the bridge and eventually tore it down a short time after that.
i do remember that real well and years and years later i was told who did it and i couldn't believe it. it's ok he's dead now though.
Do u remember

Frankfort, OH

#378 Nov 4, 2010
Befor there was Internet and forums that cause people to kill themselves
I dont

Lancaster, OH

#379 Nov 5, 2010
Do you remember where I put my keys?
longago

United States

#380 Nov 5, 2010
loves the old stories wrote:
ok sorry one more and I will quit haha I have heard my mom talk about the bee hive??
OMG....I remember many moons ago that my mom worked there. I was just a little girl. I would sit at the bar and eat peanuts. She also worked at the old grand tavern when rita owned it.
Usa23

Dallas, TX

#381 Nov 6, 2010
Jones boys.?? Remember
Son of Waverly

Van Wert, OH

#382 Nov 6, 2010
Do you remember the cemetary that was located where the Waverly Police Station and Fire Department now sits? Most of the remains were moved to Evergreen.
Carma

United States

#385 Sep 20, 2012
<quoted text>
Yes, it has. I believe a family named Darst opened it. Not for sure. I do remember a small lady that worked there for many, many years. Can't remember her name. Do you remember the guy getting killed at the bridge over crooked creek just north of Waverly while it was getting re-worked in the late 60's or early 70's?
her name was Rachel
Another Waverly Native

Largo, FL

#386 Sep 20, 2012
Remember the soda fountain at the rear of the drug store across from Arrowood Jewelers?
farkle

Van Wert, OH

#387 Sep 21, 2012
Their last name was Stir.
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Stern? Sturn? something like that?
LuckyG

San Antonio, TX

#388 Sep 27, 2012
Love Living Here wrote:
Remember the William Henry Restaurant, where China One is now? That was really good.
Good Food, but the service was terribile !!!!!
LuckyG

San Antonio, TX

#389 Sep 27, 2012
Citazen wrote:
How about the parking meters and the meter maid?! lol
The Waverly PD Meter Maid was Betty Mulhair (or Muldair), she was quite sneaky, she got me a few times. I once paid a disputed $5.00 parking ticket with 500 pennies, she wasn't pleased.
hair raiser

Canton, OH

#390 Sep 27, 2012
Howard stur good guy rhoads meat market where wendys is now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ritchie Brushart 5 hr Big B 2
Firefighter Indicted 8 hr wondering 23
David Nickell 23 hr wondering 2
waverly boosters Sat Pretty sure 6
Let's here your story on Cody Mullins Fri gen 2
waverly tigers new football coach (Feb '13) Fri Jeff 62
Jerry Gillum and Rob Junk (Jun '15) Thu not for faint of ... 12

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance