anyone heard anything about the train/truck reck in wakefield?

Posted in the Waverly Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 71 Comments Last updated May 27, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
viper

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2010
Anyone no what happened?
I heard

Killbuck, OH

#2 Sep 22, 2010
Terry Brumfield was killed and his brother was life flighted
Sherry

Buffalo, NY

#3 Sep 22, 2010
Do ya know which Brother?
Media

Waverly, OH

#4 Sep 22, 2010
Hard to believe

Portsmouth, OH

#5 Sep 22, 2010
Wondering what crossing they are talking about?? The tracks go ove wakefield mound, could it have been a driveway crossing? Its sad thats for sure
viper

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2010
I heard it was the dad and son
What

Waverly, OH

#7 Sep 22, 2010
A Piketon man is dead after his truck was struck by a train on Wakefield Mound Road Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Chillicothe Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, 56 year old Terry Brumfield was attempting to leave his driveway at 1752 Wakefield Mound Road, when his truck was struck by a Norfolk Southern Train. Brumfield was pronounced dead at the scene.

A passenger in the truck, 30 year old Charles Brumfield of McDermott, suffered head injuries and was flown to St. Mary's Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia. Another passenger in the truck fled the scene after the crash and has not been located. The Conductor nor Engineer of the train were injured.

The crash remains under investigation.

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...
a friend

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2010
To those who dont know this is the man that had the lion that escaped and was on 23 chasing cars. What ever happened to his lion?(R.I.P. Terry)Hope Charles recovers fully
computer geek

United States

#9 Sep 24, 2010
I knew Terry and Charles both for a long time. They were both good men and will be missed dearly.
tryingtohelptomm y

United States

#10 Sep 24, 2010
computer geek wrote:
I knew Terry and Charles both for a long time. They were both good men and will be missed dearly.
What did Charles die too?
sistersue

United States

#11 Sep 25, 2010
a friend wrote:
To those who dont know this is the man that had the lion that escaped and was on 23 chasing cars. What ever happened to his lion?(R.I.P. Terry)Hope Charles recovers fully
i am not sure if lambert, thats the one that got loose, died but his mate did and he wouldn't eat or anything. the female lion had 3 cubs and at least one of those died. the mother, terry believed was grieving the loss of her cub and died. he said hat lambert was getting really grouchy,he wouldn't eat and terry couldn't get close to him anymore and he thought he was also grieving. the lions that were still alive he gave to a lion reserve. hope that helps
IHatePikeCounty

United States

#12 Sep 25, 2010
The third passenger fled the scene because he had warrents out for his arrest. (This comes from a close member of the family.)
Why

Waverly, OH

#13 Sep 25, 2010
IHatePikeCounty wrote:
The third passenger fled the scene because he had warrents out for his arrest.(This comes from a close member of the family.)
I don't see why it would be important who he/she was anyway. He/She can't change anything that happened.No big deal who he/she is to me. It is the tradgedy of Terry's death and the condition of his son that's important here. Terrible for the family and friends. I feel so sorry for them all, they have my deepest sympathy.
IHatePikeCounty

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2010
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see why it would be important who he/she was anyway. He/She can't change anything that happened.No big deal who he/she is to me. It is the tradgedy of Terry's death and the condition of his son that's important here. Terrible for the family and friends. I feel so sorry for them all, they have my deepest sympathy.
Of course this person couldn't have done anything to change it. I just think it is pretty sad that the bad person got out alive and the innocent ones had to suffer! RIP Terry.
Why

Waverly, OH

#15 Sep 26, 2010
IHatePikeCounty wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this person couldn't have done anything to change it. I just think it is pretty sad that the bad person got out alive and the innocent ones had to suffer! RIP Terry.
I knew Terry also, and I dont think he would have said the same thing if it had been you.
county resident

AOL

#16 Sep 26, 2010
i did not know terry or chrles but my prayers go out to the family. as for the 3rd passenger even though he had warrants if he was any kind of a friend he would have stayed to help or get help and suffer the consequences. there would have been more respect for doing that rather then running.
fam

Portsmouth, OH

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Lambert his lion was killed & Lacy was taken to somewhere out west. Terry was so Devastated when Lambert died. He called me, and was so upset and sad. After Lambert died, and then one of the cubs Lacy did start to grieve so thats when he decided it would be best to give her up.. He was wanting to go out West to see Lacy soon too.:( & He was so excited about the movie that is coming out. He is in the movie.
So sad, i will never forget Terry. He was a Great man. I Love and miss him terribly. R.I.P sweetie.
computer geek

United States

#18 Oct 4, 2010
What's the name of the movie? When does it come out? Just wondering. I knew Terry too. He was a great guy. I feel so bad for the family. This is very tragic. Does anyone know if Charlie knows abot Terry yet? Does anyone know Charlie's condition?
IHatePikeCounty

Piketon, OH

#19 Oct 4, 2010
I heard that Terry was buried in his yard next to his lion. That's the sweetest thing and I'm glad he got to be with it in his afterlife!
april

Flushing, NY

#20 Oct 4, 2010
what's the name of the movie

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 45 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,476
Another Drug Bust Across From Woods Hollow 1 hr Hair Raiser 20
Rebal Havens gets busted for herion 1 hr Hate the itch 2
ISIS created by usa 1 hr topcommand 1
dad beat dads! 8 hr twohats 22
George Colley (Jan '11) 8 hr really 3
How about those TRAYLOR GIRL'S?? 10 hr tam 25
favorite teacher at Waverly High School (Feb '11) 13 hr Yes 46
•••
•••

Waverly Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000