First Prev
of 2
Next Last
music lover

Chillicothe, OH

#21 Mar 7, 2011
i had major surgery at pc everyone was great to me in every way its local be local if you like somewhere eles move
itsnotwhoyouthin k

Portage, MI

#22 Mar 7, 2011
I would hope that if my family ever has a life threatening emergency that we are able to get to a better hospital than pch. Last year my mother in law was taken to pch hospital and was admitted because she was unable to breathe due to copd . The nurses and drs told her she was fine because her oxygen level was normal. She laid in that hospital practically begging them to do something to help her breathe. They would not allow her to have her inhaled during that time. Finally they came in and put I think they called it a c pap or c bap ...anyway not sure exactly. She still was not doing well and he children we all extremely upset with the way she was treated by pch staff...they were extremely rude. So her children contacted her regular dr and he sent life ambulance after her and they had to argue with pch staff anyway she was taken to adena in chillicothe where she received great care. When she got to arena she went straight to Icu. After putting her in adena the dr found that she had recently had a heart attack while in pch. Now isn't that terrible. Unfortunately she never recovered, her lungs were to far gone.
western mom

Chillicothe, OH

#23 Mar 7, 2011
itsnotwhoyouthink wrote:
I would hope that if my family ever has a life threatening emergency that we are able to get to a better hospital than pch. Last year my mother in law was taken to pch hospital and was admitted because she was unable to breathe due to copd . The nurses and drs told her she was fine because her oxygen level was normal. She laid in that hospital practically begging them to do something to help her breathe. They would not allow her to have her inhaled during that time. Finally they came in and put I think they called it a c pap or c bap ...anyway not sure exactly. She still was not doing well and he children we all extremely upset with the way she was treated by pch staff...they were extremely rude. So her children contacted her regular dr and he sent life ambulance after her and they had to argue with pch staff anyway she was taken to adena in chillicothe where she received great care. When she got to arena she went straight to Icu. After putting her in adena the dr found that she had recently had a heart attack while in pch. Now isn't that terrible. Unfortunately she never recovered, her lungs were to far gone.
Have you contacted an attorney? Or did it really happen that way? I know copd is chronic, and can be treated but not cured. I also know breathing tx and inhalers if used to often can do more harm than help. as a copd patient she should have had ekg's and cardiac enzymes done per protocal that would have shown changes. how did adena determine she had a heart attack at pike? also curious who the family physician was "that sent life ambulance". dont think they can transfer from hospital to hospital without a transfer order from the transferring dr, which would have been from pike
thankful

United States

#24 Mar 7, 2011
Pch must not be to bad they saved my life from a drug overdose......
UNKNOWN

Van Wert, OH

#25 Mar 7, 2011
I have been to both Hospitals. My care at PCH was wonderful. My care at Adena was good also, but liked PCH better. Also, they were able to find a problem with my grandmother no one else could.
scam

United States

#26 Mar 7, 2011
Same person with different names saying good things about PCH funny $h it
trust

Thermal, CA

#27 Mar 7, 2011
I think PCH is great and I am thankful we have them here. Its funny how u people are putting them down but anytime u drive past there the ER is always packed. And also the people that is putting them there just mad because the drs wont give them there next fix. Im glad that the drs arent prescribing all the pills for the junkies anymore. Thankyou Pike County Hospital
unbelievable

Portsmouth, OH

#28 Mar 7, 2011
eyeno wrote:
My husband was released from PCH with a b.p. Of 212/124. I would rather chew my arm off than go back there. Unacceptable.
How about a big I DON"T BELIEVE THAT FOR ONE SECOND. That would never, ever, ever happen unless your wonderful husband signed himself out AMA. Don't get on here and run your mouth about stupid crap you know nothing about! No hospital would do that, and hopefully all of the Topix readers are smart enough to realize that. I worked there. I know. Have you ever worked in a hospital emergency room? Don't try to sway readers of this thread to believe what you are saying. I have spent endless hours working in PCH emergency room and this story is insane! I urge anyone in trouble to go to the closest emergency room so they can get immediate medical attention. If the health problem is too big for PCH to handle (stroke in progress, need for open heart surgery, dissecting abdominal aortic aneurysm, severe head trauma etc.), you will be transported to another facility better able to care for you. Wise up Pike county and kiss the ground that we are fortunate enough to have PCH!!!!! They have saved many lives. And will continue to do so.
Goatsie

Hayesville, OH

#29 Mar 7, 2011
Well when I had my butt hole tightened (long story), they treated me very kindly. Although they did have a tendency to poke me with scalpels and give me the wrong pills... and occasionally not wash their hands before operating on me... But I'm a cadaver, so I guess it's acceptable.

Since: Nov 10

Van Wert, OH

#30 Mar 8, 2011
I'm on my daughters name b/c i never post anything but i hate PCH,ADENA has saved my life 4 times since October,if i had went to PCH i'd be dead,i went to PCH and they sent me home,next day life took me to Adena,i was put in icu for 2 days not counting the other days i was kept there,i had a blood infection from a picc line,the dr. said i made it there just in time.Another time they found a blood clot on my lung,then i was admitted twice for pneumonia and asthma and bronchitis,last month the ambulance took me to PCH against my will,i was admitted for pneumonia,i had to have a test done using dye and b/c it gives me headaches i denied having dye used for another test,i was there 2 days and just b/c i denied the dye DR. R. was mad and sent me home still with pneumonia Adena dr's are not like that...
julie

United States

#31 Mar 8, 2011
You say they don't give pain pills lol they do if your in pain I work there in the ER we do the best we can sorry to everyone that thinks we don't.
tts

Toledo, OH

#32 Mar 8, 2011
PCH ER helped save my sons life. Employee's were great. If your gonna knock it then dont go there. Go to Adena and get you some of that infection they give most of their sugery patients.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33 Mar 8, 2011
julie wrote:
You say they don't give pain pills lol they do if your in pain I work there in the ER we do the best we can sorry to everyone that thinks we don't.
I'm sure they do for people that are in legitimate pain right? I know plenty of fakers that go for phoney reason and get sent home emptyhanded and I think that's wonderful!
pill head

United States

#34 Mar 8, 2011
Pain pill at PCH
Debbie

Van Wert, OH

#35 Mar 8, 2011
We always hear the bad stuff.... We never hear any thing good WHY IS THAT!!!!
Crazy

Dallas, TX

#36 Mar 8, 2011
da loser wrote:
Lol you know they work there anyone that has been a patient there knows had bad the service is you can walk up to 90% of people that live in Pike Co. And ask them about PCH and you know they will tell you the bad storys about that place it would be a good place to start a hospital!
but the question is... How do YOU treat the employees

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#37 Mar 8, 2011
Debbie wrote:
We always hear the bad stuff.... We never hear any thing good WHY IS THAT!!!!
Maybe you don't want to hear the good.
WaverlyResident

United States

#38 Mar 9, 2011
I have been to both PCH and Adena. I have had good experiences with both but I have to say that when my son was 16 he was admittd to PCH and was fine after he was there for 2 days but while he was there a nurse was taking his vitals at about 3 a.m. They had admitted a man in the same room as my son. They took the mans inhaler because she said they had to know how often he used it. The man begged the nurse to get him help because he couldnt breathe and she told him to turn on his light and someone would come. He kept begging her with his light still on and when he colapsed on the bed she went over to him and ask would I please get help for her. They ended up getting the ER doctor and putting him in ICU but he died the next morning. I can still hear the nurse yelling to him to wake up. I felt so bad for this man and I saw no reason why the nurse could not leave my sons bedside to go tend to this man. I did not know this man but can still hear the nurse saying his name.It was Alton Brown and he lived on Camp Creek.
kool

Chillicothe, OH

#39 Mar 9, 2011
Crazy_Diamond wrote:
WRONG! You have no idea. I know people who work there. You should have seen the way their shoulders slumped the day that baby burn victim came in. Everyone was affected aside from that there were three codes all within a few hours. You try to do their job and tell me how you feel when you go to bed at night.
I couldnt do their jobs, they are some amazing people.
itsnotwhoyouthin k

United States

#40 Mar 10, 2011
western mom wrote:
<quoted text>Have you contacted an attorney? Or did it really happen that way? I know copd is chronic, and can be treated but not cured. I also know breathing tx and inhalers if used to often can do more harm than help. as a copd patient she should have had ekg's and cardiac enzymes done per protocal that would have shown changes. how did adena determine she had a heart attack at pike? also curious who the family physician was "that sent life ambulance". dont think they can transfer from hospital to hospital without a transfer order from the transferring dr, which would have been from pike
I promise you that this truely did happen. I can not remember the name of her dr he was her pulmonary specialist that she was seeing for her copd . I have not and will not contact an attorney, she is gone and I would never wish to benefit from that. I am not saying she died because of pch. I am saying she was a very sick woman who did not receive proper care in that facility. Now when the man from life abulance came in and saw her condition he was really upset and even argued with the nurse in charge at that time. Now I have a grandma currently in icu at pch for copd , just like my mother in law, and the way she is being treated is like day and night. They are being really good with her and her dr which is dr crawford has tried to get her to transfer to adena because they have a pulmonary unit but she refused to go. So really I think its case by case some people get wonderful service and some don't. For my mother in law she didn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
myrtle tackett 46 min Jasper 4
Michelle Harris 2 hr Pretty sure 4
1st National bank 20 hr The girl 5
he is woman beater Fri Fatrat 3
Fat women should go to prison Thu Tbays taint 18
ashley viar (Apr '13) Apr 27 Happy 10
ej giles Apr 26 hose 1

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waverly Mortgages