Does anyone go to pike community hospital emergency room
moma

Waverly, OH

#2 Mar 6, 2011
It's just a waiting room for adena.
unbelievable

Lima, OH

#3 Mar 6, 2011
I'd rather go to PCH emergency room than Adena's. I've worked for both. I guess if people get on here and trash all of the places in Pike County that employ Pikecountians then there will be no tax monies to provide for the welfare people that sit at home all day on their computers and eat their free food that we supply them, and will have no choice if their loved one falls deathly ill, collapses and needs immediate medical attention! I guess they will have to drive to Chillicothe or Portsmouth with their loved one who stopped breathing or is having a seizure. And since brain cells start dying after only 6 minutes without oxygen, guess you better drive pretty fast.
Seriously

Waverly, OH

#4 Mar 6, 2011
Agreed unbelievable. At least PCH doesn't try to keep you there, unlike Adena. They are a small community hospital and know their limitations, unlike Adena.
I will go to PCH and then on to Columbus before I would step foot in Adena!
dumb

Novi, MI

#5 Mar 6, 2011
PCH it sucks and so do the people that work there a bunch of lazy people and the doctors suck too people don't care about people anymore they are there just for a check

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 6, 2011
WRONG! You have no idea. I know people who work there. You should have seen the way their shoulders slumped the day that baby burn victim came in. Everyone was affected aside from that there were three codes all within a few hours. You try to do their job and tell me how you feel when you go to bed at night.
just sayin

Waverly, OH

#7 Mar 6, 2011
Totally agree with you Crazy Diamond and unbelievable. Not to mention that PCH has taken almost every benefit that those employees had-I think that they even had a 7 or 8 percent paycut-Something like that not too long ago??? I Know many people who work there and I don't even know why any of them stay-At least the nurses could probably make alot more if they just wanted to drive to Chillicothe or Portsmouth. I cannot imagine what would happen to this area if we didn't have it. How many junkies will die before they get to Chillicothe or Portsmouth? How many critical car wreck/stroke or heart attack victims will die before they make it that much further???? I know that they have a few bad apples but how does any organization ever weed all of them out? I also know that many times when there is a tragedy or emergency in the community and the person or people are taken there we don't get the full story. I know of many wrecks that the victims were transported to PCH and then very well packaged for Grant or wherever else they had to send them-many times saving lives or averting an un-necessary crippling injury. I am pretty sure that there was more done for a recent gun-shot victim than they just pronounced them. From what I heard they really tried to save the victim. I have almost always had excellent care any time I have had to go there. I am thankful that it is there and everyone else should be as well. For any of the idiots bashing them-Let's see what happens the next time you find yourself or your family in need of urgent medical attention. I bet you pack them up or call the squad-grab your medical card and make your way there as fast as your hypocritical butt can go.
da loser

United States

#8 Mar 6, 2011
Lol you know they work there anyone that has been a patient there knows had bad the service is you can walk up to 90% of people that live in Pike Co. And ask them about PCH and you know they will tell you the bad storys about that place it would be a good place to start a hospital!
leelee

Bronx, NY

#9 Mar 6, 2011
just sayin wrote:
Totally agree with you Crazy Diamond and unbelievable. Not to mention that PCH has taken almost every benefit that those employees had-I think that they even had a 7 or 8 percent paycut-Something like that not too long ago??? I Know many people who work there and I don't even know why any of them stay-At least the nurses could probably make alot more if they just wanted to drive to Chillicothe or Portsmouth. I cannot imagine what would happen to this area if we didn't have it. How many junkies will die before they get to Chillicothe or Portsmouth? How many critical car wreck/stroke or heart attack victims will die before they make it that much further???? I know that they have a few bad apples but how does any organization ever weed all of them out? I also know that many times when there is a tragedy or emergency in the community and the person or people are taken there we don't get the full story. I know of many wrecks that the victims were transported to PCH and then very well packaged for Grant or wherever else they had to send them-many times saving lives or averting an un-necessary crippling injury. I am pretty sure that there was more done for a recent gun-shot victim than they just pronounced them. From what I heard they really tried to save the victim. I have almost always had excellent care any time I have had to go there. I am thankful that it is there and everyone else should be as well. For any of the idiots bashing them-Let's see what happens the next time you find yourself or your family in need of urgent medical attention. I bet you pack them up or call the squad-grab your medical card and make your way there as fast as your hypocritical butt can go.
RIGHT! i'm happy to have pch, it's stupid to say that all their staff is incompitent.. they all have the proper education to have become doctors, nurses ect. and you sound dumb dogging the medical card holders, times are so tough around here those doctors with families probably qualify for medical cards, i know ladies that are rn's that have to draw a welfare check for lack of jobs.. now i will gladly pay taxes to support our little hospital, yes it is just a waiting room for columbus hospitals but what would my family had done if they hadn't given my uncle a 'clot buster' that shot saved his life til he got to riverside in columbus.. i feel what you're saying but i just didn't understand what welfare had to do with this?
Tiny

United States

#10 Mar 6, 2011
da loser wrote:
Lol you know they work there anyone that has been a patient there knows had bad the service is you can walk up to 90% of people that live in Pike Co. And ask them about PCH and you know they will tell you the bad storys about that place it would be a good place to start a hospital!
You are amazing! You and your friends take your sorriness on up to Adena and wait 10 hours to be seen by a doctor, and while you are there, take a case of c-diff or mrsa home w/ you as I have personally seen in the past. Leave time for the nurses, docs and emts in Pike to take care of people that appreciate their services! You prob. didnt get the drugs you were seeking at Pike anyway! I usually dont post on this site unless I see an uplifting post like "the best guitar players in pike county". But this really ticks me off. You obviously have no idea how many lives they really do save even if is is to stablize a patient to move them north. Should be ashamed of yourself for downgrading people that devote theis lives to the best care possible to ANYONE that walks in the door!
Tiny

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2011
Seriously wrote:
Agreed unbelievable. At least PCH doesn't try to keep you there, unlike Adena. They are a small community hospital and know their limitations, unlike Adena.
I will go to PCH and then on to Columbus before I would step foot in Adena!
Absolutely true!!!!!!!!!
wow

United States

#12 Mar 6, 2011
Tiny wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amazing! You and your friends take your sorriness on up to Adena and wait 10 hours to be seen by a doctor, and while you are there, take a case of c-diff or mrsa home w/ you as I have personally seen in the past. Leave time for the nurses, docs and emts in Pike to take care of people that appreciate their services! You prob. didnt get the drugs you were seeking at Pike anyway! I usually. dont post on this site unless I see an uplifting you post like "the best guitar players in pike. county". But this really ticks me off. You aobviously have no idea how many lives they. really do save even if is is to stablize a patient. to move them north. Should be ashamed of. yourself for downgrading people that devote. theis lives to the best care possible to. ANYONE that walks in the door!
you are a lost person that does not know what is going on in that place I'm not even going to call it a hospital come on get a clue
eyeno

United States

#13 Mar 6, 2011
My husband was released from PCH with a b.p. Of 212/124. I would rather chew my arm off than go back there. Unacceptable.
leelee

Bronx, NY

#14 Mar 6, 2011
right, but i'm assuming that your husband was alive long enough to visit a different hospital right? If not, i appologize for the comment.. they're usually good for keeping people stabilized long enough to get to a larger hospital... and for that i'm happy they are there.
just sayin

Waverly, OH

#15 Mar 6, 2011
To leelee. Point taken and I apologize for that comment. There are many people out there who have a medical card and legitimately use them. Bottom line. WE are lucky to have PCH. Scratch the medical card comment and I still stand by my previous post.
Adena

Waverly, OH

#16 Mar 6, 2011
SPECIAL REPORT: Wrong-Site Surgery

CHILLICOTHE, Ohio -- An ABC6 Investigation uncovers a surgeon at the Adena Medical Center in Chillicothe recently performed surgery on the wrong knee of a female patient.

The surgeon and Adena did not want to talk to ABC6 Investigator Chris Koeberl for this story. Instead, they provided this statement: "Adena Health System is committed to safety and quality care for all patients.

"Because the current allegations are under review internally, Adena is not at liberty to discuss this matter or provide any details at this time."

Insiders tell ABC6 News that this isn't the first time a "wrong-site surgery" has been performed at the Adena Medical Center in Chillicothe.

This, despite Ohio being one of the first states to develop a universal protocol of pre-surgcial procedures to prevent what's known as "wrong-site surgery."
http://myfox28columbus.com/shared/newsroom/to...
patient

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2011
Adena /PCH what's the differnce
Seriously

Waverly, OH

#18 Mar 7, 2011
patient wrote:
Adena /PCH what's the differnce
There is a HUGE difference. PCH doesn't think they are a Columbus hospital. Adena does. PCH at least acts appreciative to their patients. Adena doesn't.

I haven't been to Adena in probably 10 years. I grew weary of everyone there acting like they were doing me a favor.
no painpills here

Waverly, OH

#19 Mar 7, 2011
da loser wrote:
First of all, moron, you don't go to the emergency room for service. You go there for treatment. I'm sure that youe 90% are the drug seekers that get turned away.

I have no idea what you were trying to say in that last sentence...."it would be a good place to start a hospital." ?????
Teen age dream

Waverly, OH

#20 Mar 7, 2011
Adena sucks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I wanna get naked 7 min Naked and afraid 8
people with bad breath names (Feb '11) 5 hr Perry T Mason 24
Paige Lawless. 7 hr MrWho 6
Little Ceasars Manager 8 hr spanky 17
Horn pleads not guilty to murder charges (Nov '07) 10 hr anonb 266
lake white club 12 hr Brian 19
michael white? (Sep '11) 13 hr cuz I know 19
Waverly Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web