Waverly fund balance well below where...

Waverly fund balance well below where it was a year ago

There are 19 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Nov 1, 2011, titled Waverly fund balance well below where it was a year ago. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

WAVERLY - After bills are paid this week, the village of Waverly will have only $286,054 to last until the end of the year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

Resident

Van Wert, OH

#1 Nov 2, 2011
Well
Well
Well
Just Saying

Van Wert, OH

#2 Nov 2, 2011
Who,besides everyone in council, didn't see this coming? We need to start a betting pool for when the state will take us over.
With vote yes

Van Wert, OH

#3 Nov 2, 2011
Is anyone up for re-election Nov 8?
Vote Yes

Van Wert, OH

#4 Nov 2, 2011
Kemper is running for the school board is the only one I know about.I won't be voting for him.
With vote yes

Van Wert, OH

#5 Nov 2, 2011
I meant for city council? I haven't paid attention but there definitely needs a shake up there.
What ___

Frankfort, OH

#6 Nov 2, 2011
Vote Yes wrote:
Kemper is running for the school board is the only one I know about.I won't be voting for him.
Kemper hasn't been on council for quite awhile. And he is no longer running for school board. Get up on current events. Evidently you don't know Roger very well.
What ___

Frankfort, OH

#7 Nov 2, 2011
With vote yes wrote:
I meant for city council? I haven't paid attention but there definitely needs a shake up there.
With the junior Blakeman in the mix after the first of the year you can depend on it getting much worse for the village. All he will do is what daddy Blakeman tells him. He doesn't have brains for anything else. He couldn't keep a job at Mills Pride or even Buffalo Bills. So watch out.
noname

Columbus, OH

#8 Nov 2, 2011
no mayor and city council members are running uncontested.
Vote Yes

Van Wert, OH

#9 Nov 2, 2011
No I don't know him very well whatever that has to do with it. Oh I forgot this is Waverly and it's all about who you know, right? I do know when he was on city counsel he was another Yes man like the majority of them are.
What ___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Kemper hasn't been on council for quite awhile. And he is no longer running for school board. Get up on current events. Evidently you don't know Roger very well.
yyyyeeeessssssss sssssssss

Athens, OH

#10 Nov 2, 2011
You people gripe and moan how bad the public servants are and yet they run unaposed! you guys are pathetic, run for council or mayor and show us how good you can do.
Vote Yes

Van Wert, OH

#11 Nov 2, 2011
When all the idiots leave or lose their jobs, then we will take over. No one wants to work with any of them. They lined the place with their friends and family, while running our city in the ground. They hate and threaten the citizens on a daily basis.
dan dandy

Van Wert, OH

#12 Nov 2, 2011
$286,000 until the end of the year? That wouldn't be enough to pay for Chitwood's gas for touring the county in a Water Dept truck. Oh, that's right, they've already raised the water rate and imposed automatic 3% increases each year to support this groups waste.
pepperoni

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Nov 3, 2011
Time to make cuts city (I mean Village) council. All of those guys at the parks dept, including Woody, need to be let go. Sorry for your luck....join the rest of Pike County people without a job. Or they have to drive an hour everday to get a job. Oh yeah, I saw Woody going thru McDonalds drive thru for breakfast in a city truck a couple weeks ago. I have a pic of it on my phone. Abuse of a city vehicle while he is on the clock. The parks dept was created to employ friends and family members to burn taxpayers money generated from the illegal city tax. Yes nepotism goes on...just look around. Hey lets have some of those thieves and druggies who get prosecuted to walk around the village in orange jumpsuits and clean streets, mow, etc? Or maybe those who are caught embezzling money? Hmm I'm sure the "fat" water company payroll can afford to supervise them. They already use them (because they have excessive workers on payroll)to mow the parks, fix the softball fields or whatever else Woody can come up with. Woody should have been gone a long time ago. Didn't he retire already from the city and they created the Parks Dept so he could come back and double dip the tax payers? Council/Mayor, take your city tax and shove it. Why do you think nobody wants to live or work in Waverly? Didn't the Tax Lady just get a big raise this year? Wake up people. The police and FD earn their pay.
pepperoni

Chillicothe, OH

#14 Nov 3, 2011
I think Roger Kemper is a great person so I exclude him from everything I said. He does make a difference.
Sausage

Mount Vernon, OH

#15 Nov 4, 2011
pepperoni wrote:
Time to make cuts city (I mean Village) council. All of those guys at the parks dept, including Woody, need to be let go. Sorry for your luck....join the rest of Pike County people without a job. Or they have to drive an hour everday to get a job. Oh yeah, I saw Woody going thru McDonalds drive thru for breakfast in a city truck a couple weeks ago. I have a pic of it on my phone. Abuse of a city vehicle while he is on the clock. The parks dept was created to employ friends and family members to burn taxpayers money generated from the illegal city tax. Yes nepotism goes on...just look around. Hey lets have some of those thieves and druggies who get prosecuted to walk around the village in orange jumpsuits and clean streets, mow, etc? Or maybe those who are caught embezzling money? Hmm I'm sure the "fat" water company payroll can afford to supervise them. They already use them (because they have excessive workers on payroll)to mow the parks, fix the softball fields or whatever else Woody can come up with. Woody should have been gone a long time ago. Didn't he retire already from the city and they created the Parks Dept so he could come back and double dip the tax payers? Council/Mayor, take your city tax and shove it. Why do you think nobody wants to live or work in Waverly? Didn't the Tax Lady just get a big raise this year? Wake up people. The police and FD earn their pay.
"The police and FD earn their pay.". Who's ass are u kissing ?????
pepperoni

Chillicothe, OH

#16 Nov 4, 2011
Dont know any of them...in general all PD and FD do. How about commenting on the topic
Sausage

Herndon, VA

#17 Nov 4, 2011
pepperoni wrote:
Dont know any of them...in general all PD and FD do. How about commenting on the topic
How about thinking before you open your fat mouth. You obviously know nothing of what you are talking about
noname

Columbus, OH

#18 Nov 4, 2011
Yes, the FD does earn their pay, but the volunteer FDs dont get paid. They could help some with their insurance like everyone else does.
pepperoni

Chillicothe, OH

#19 Nov 22, 2011
Wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking to give head jobs to horses and dogs 14 min woo-boy 1
new picture of woo-boy! 12 hr woo-boy 8
Ritchies Marketplace In Piketon (Jul '11) 12 hr woo-boy 135
stupid truck drivers (Mar '11) 13 hr Greaser 137
Jennifer Leeth (Oct '11) 21 hr Nessa37 103
Prostitution in pike county (Mar '15) Fri Scrub 41
Hillary Clinton: A Career Criminal Fri Anonymous Official 1

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waverly Mortgages