Local hairstylist arrested for theft

Posted in the Waverly Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Tiger Fan

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 9, 2010
Does anybody know what's going on with this? Wondering who it was and what happend.
child advocate

Lynn, MA

#2 Feb 9, 2010
Alicia Gecowets was the hairdresser arrested. She should have been arrested last year when she was stealing cash out of clients' purses. I personally know of three victims who made complaints to Waverly PD early last year about her and nothing surfaced. I don't buy her story of drug dependency for the reason why she stole the check and forged it, but I guess every crook needs a reason. What makes me more angry is she was the chairperson for Pike County Relay for Life, and I would like to know how much money came up missing for the cause. I hope Waverly's PD doesn't allow more victims to be had by this worthless thief!
Snobhater

United States

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Alicia always thought she was better than everyone else in highschool. Her personality was that of a snot and to see her doing something like this is very amusing and sad. There was a rumor going around that if you had the type of drug she wanted she would do your hair for free. So I would say it was partly due to drugs.
Missy

United States

#4 Feb 9, 2010
I dont know Alicia but its so so sad and whats even worse is everyone that doesnt like her will get on here and make terrible comments about her with their heads covered. Just remember, before you post anything that her family and his will both suffer from all this. Remember her and her family in your prayers.
Snobhater

Little Valley, NY

#5 Feb 9, 2010
What about the poor victims she stole from who trusted her. It is pretty sad in this economic crisis to steal from your established customers. And there is no need to feel sorry for her because her family is someone in this town. There are many more drug addicts and thieves in this county who have families and need prayed for.
superman

United States

#6 Feb 9, 2010
Trading haircuts for crank, only in Pike Co!
THAT ONE GIRL

Van Wert, OH

#7 Feb 10, 2010
child advocate wrote:
Alicia Gecowets was the hairdresser arrested. She should have been arrested last year when she was stealing cash out of clients' purses. I personally know of three victims who made complaints to Waverly PD early last year about her and nothing surfaced. I don't buy her story of drug dependency for the reason why she stole the check and forged it, but I guess every crook needs a reason. What makes me more angry is she was the chairperson for Pike County Relay for Life, and I would like to know how much money came up missing for the cause. I hope Waverly's PD doesn't allow more victims to be had by this worthless thief!
actully, i know alicia personally & I know it to be a fact that she does have a serious drug dependency. So it really don't matter what you believe or don't believe. because in this case, it's the truth. & no, i'm not justifying her actions on any level. what she done is wrong. & the drug dependency is not a valid reason or excuse. my heart goes out to her family, in this time of trouble.
learn from your mistakes

United States

#8 Feb 10, 2010
About 1 month ago she called me and ask me to borrow $175.00 she said they where going to shut her electric off so i called her to ask her about my money and she told me to call back in 15 min and when i did she would not answer.So i learned my lesson and i went to her salon got my hair colored and highlighted and got my sons hair cut and she charged me $225.00 so i went somewhere else and they only charged me $95.00 so she really got me. You learn from you mistakes
child advocate

Lynn, MA

#9 Feb 10, 2010
THAT ONE GIRL wrote:
<quoted text>
actully, i know alicia personally & I know it to be a fact that she does have a serious drug dependency. So it really don't matter what you believe or don't believe. because in this case, it's the truth. & no, i'm not justifying her actions on any level. what she done is wrong. & the drug dependency is not a valid reason or excuse. my heart goes out to her family, in this time of trouble.
So if she still has a drug issue then why in the world would you still allow her to run a business? I guess her overcompassionate family wants to run their business into the ground. When your own staff quits because they know the truth about the stealing and drug use and tells her parents and nothing is done about it then they are only looking out for their daughter and not their business or patrons. I will never patronize any business they are associated with ever.
livinginwaverly

Grove City, OH

#10 Feb 10, 2010
child advocate wrote:
I don't know how it is the Waverly P. D.s fault that this woman steals from people. I would not want to be a police officer in this town. Everything is their fault. The police must be able to prove what they charge people with.
child advocate

Lynn, MA

#11 Feb 10, 2010
livinginwaverly wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how it is the Waverly P. D.s fault that this woman steals from people. I would not want to be a police officer in this town. Everything is their fault. The police must be able to prove what they charge people with.
Actually, it wasn't the fault of the police dept nothing surfaced the blame goes onto Prosecutor Rob Junk. In Waverly and Pike County it is not what you know but who you know. It did take the police dept a long while to investigate but it did not take Rob long to dismiss the charges. I am waiting to see what happens with the new charges. Livinginwaverly, I have been in law enforcement and know what charges will stick but when you have a worthless prosecutor then why should the police go above and beyond. I believe that you do the crime then you do the time!
answer please

Van Wert, OH

#12 Feb 10, 2010
Mr, Junk picks and chooses whom he wants to prosecute. Him and the law enforcement in Pike County make deals all the time with these people. I personally know of someone that has gotten out of 5 domestic violence cases driving under suspention,, criminal tools , probation violation,drugs. Tell me what the problem is in this county.
livinginwaverly

Grove City, OH

#13 Feb 10, 2010
answer please wrote:
Mr, Junk picks and chooses whom he wants to prosecute. Him and the law enforcement in Pike County make deals all the time with these people. I personally know of someone that has gotten out of 5 domestic violence cases driving under suspention,, criminal tools , probation violation,drugs. Tell me what the problem is in this county.
its not the police making deals with the prosecutor. From what i hear junk doesn't care what the police think about anything. i heard him and the police chief don't play well together. roe is very outspoken, says what he thinks. he will blow up on people and tell them off. if you go in the prosecutors office and you will see utter disorganization and the place is always in disarray. this is where the main problem is.

Since: Jan 10

White House, TN

#14 Feb 10, 2010
Many posts on here nailed it. If this one walks, you can thank the prosecutor.
livinginwaverly

United States

#15 Feb 10, 2010
foxfactor wrote:
I heard just recently a guy who represented himself in court beat junk. the guy did not even have an attorney. they said the guy was bringing up points of law and junk was just scratching his head. couldnt even win a case against a jail house lawyer. how sad is that. what a joke.
No evidence

Ridgewood, NY

#16 Feb 11, 2010
If the police can not produce enough evidence, then of course it will be thrown out.
Misdemeanor

Van Wert, OH

#17 Feb 11, 2010
foxfactor wrote:
Anything under 600 dollars would be a misdemeanor. Why would you get your hair done by a druggie? Are you not to blame if you are dumb enough to go there in the first place?
SOME GUY

Round Lake, IL

#18 Feb 11, 2010
her husban matt got away with a dui 2 years ago....pikes problems are pretty deep
GetALife

Dublin, OH

#19 Feb 12, 2010
My daughter knows a girl who works there. She told me a long time ago that this girl knew Alicia wasn't paying her what she was owed. She suspected Alicia was stealing from her clients as well. It was said in the paper that they were going to ask if any other clients had suspected she had stolen from them. I don't know if it could be proven, but I hope she gets whats coming to her.

I am sick of hearing about people using their drug dependency as a reason to steal. Like the cops are going to say "Oh, you needed drugs?. You poor thing, we should let you get away with it."

Has she already had her baby? I hope she wasn't doing this while she was pregnant, though I know it hasn't stopped addicts before.
kacey

Van Wert, OH

#20 Feb 12, 2010
Unfortunately by using the excuse or reason for stealing because she is an addict, she will probably only have to go to rehab. Being a thief and an addict, she probably knows that. I feel for their poor children. But hey, who cares about the impact this will have on the children, let's steal and do drugs until we get caught!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your theory on Piketon murders of 8 (May '16) 10 min Witchy58 159,037
Rehearsed rhodens murders (Sep '16) 19 min notalliswell 728
Helen DER ferry (Jan '17) 23 min Who Knew 44
Anyone have any info about valley view in Frank... 44 min Doc Holliday 4
Selling quack quick fixes like thrive on Facebo... 10 hr Hump day 6
waverly boosters 13 hr texas 5
News Pike County sheriff outlines series of drug busts Tue in theknow 22

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance