Way's Farm market
businessman

Van Wert, OH

#1 Jul 21, 2010
They are using subsidized labor under some CAC program to pick the crops. I doubt that the family is income eligible for the subsidies and even if they were Kathy works in CAC administration making the "grant" an ethical violation. Surely other legit businesses should qualify before them
bad

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2010
businessman wrote:
They are using subsidized labor under some CAC program to pick the crops. I doubt that the family is income eligible for the subsidies and even if they were Kathy works in CAC administration making the "grant" an ethical violation. Surely other legit businesses should qualify before them
Sure sounds like a jealous rant to me.
Notcomplaining

Lucasville, OH

#3 Jul 21, 2010
And you know this how? Shame on you for picking on a family that is trying to make a living and at the same time donating their farm goods to many local organizations in this community. You have no idea about who they hire or how they earn their income. Sounds like someone never learned to think before they act.
south74

Hayesville, OH

#4 Jul 21, 2010
omg..come on...are you kidding me..they are very good people...
AirborneOne

Dublin, OH

#5 Jul 21, 2010
All I know is that they have pretty good corn. Price is a little high, but what isn't priced high these days.
iknowwhour

Ellicott City, MD

#6 Aug 10, 2010
businessman, sounds like u should be called,"busy" man!

“Our Work Speaks For Itself.”

Since: May 10

Waverly

#7 Aug 10, 2010
Love Them! There produce rocks! They also give kids a chance at some honest work. Very Admirable.
true

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Aug 10, 2010
i don't think there's anything wrong with using the kids in that program...all that is, is a summer youth program that sometimes employs kids for the whole year at lower work hours. it gives the kids an extra option of somewhere to work...if other business want the work im sure they could get it...i mean come on....and i know, i worked in that summer program for three years....worked at the high school as a janitor, goodwill and the atomic employees credit union. .... i don't think their taking advantage of the kids, just giving that program more options...
waverly native

Hayesville, OH

#9 Aug 10, 2010
I am so glad to see everyone sticking up for them! They are good people who i am very lucky to know! I don't think anyone has the right to judge them if they don't know the facts!
Volunteer

Portsmouth, OH

#10 Aug 11, 2010
businessman wrote:
The Way's are very good people. The have supplied several food banks with corn at no cost. They have given away more corn than they are selling. Kathy is not doing anything unethical through CAC. And she is not hiding behind any CAC programs. Just because she works at CAC doesn't mean anything. There is lots of business in Pike County that use subsidized labor, and them business don't have to be income eligible.
Sue

Russell, KY

#11 Sep 23, 2012
Can kids pick pumpkins here? Or are they already picked?
Lol

Van Wert, OH

#12 Sep 24, 2012
Sue wrote:
Can kids pick pumpkins here? Or are they already picked?
I take my kids there every year, they let the kids pick their own pumpkin, ofcourse there already picked and out for display so the kids get to pick the ones they want.. I absolutely love going there and my kids and neices also love it, I think it's a better idea to give them my money and helping a local business rather than going to Kroger or Walmart and picking an overpriced pumpkin out of a barrel/skid with cardboard... I say support our local run business's...
Vietman Vet

Van Wert, OH

#13 Sep 25, 2012
I don't know the Way's. I don't know where their farm is located. I do know I like their produce. The older gentleman that works their stand seems like a nice guy to me.
Lol

Van Wert, OH

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Vietman Vet wrote:
I don't know the Way's. I don't know where their farm is located. I do know I like their produce. The older gentleman that works their stand seems like a nice guy to me.
hes the owner

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cindy Rooker (Apr '12) 1 hr cookie monster 2
LARRYS REVENGE turned into a murderous ROBBERY 9 hr Justme 1
Interview with Dr Dwight Lundell 10 hr fred 1
What Really Causes Heart Disease 10 hr UfAiL 18
Inflammation The Real Culprit Behind Heart Disease 11 hr Ucorncobhick 1
new tattoo shop in town? 11 hr Jill 10
Health chief slams statins 12 hr warning 1

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance