Has anyone recently completed LPN cla...

Has anyone recently completed LPN classes at any vocational schools

Posted in the Waverly Forum

Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Dec 13, 2012
Just curious if anyone has completed or attending LPN classes at any of these vocational schools n what's there thoughts on them...perspective student of all 3..
Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Dec 13, 2012
Pickaway Ross/pike or Scioto vocational school*
no doubt

New York, NY

#3 Dec 13, 2012
Scioto co. Is ....without a doubt the very best! Good luck
Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#4 Dec 13, 2012
no doubt wrote:
Scioto co. Is ....without a doubt the very best! Good luck
Ty... I'm hoping to get n class in aug.. Doin the STNA class n jan w them... Is the LPN class hard?
In the market

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2012
Yes, but worth it! It's very organized and structured! When you graduate, you will be very prepared and confident when you begin working as a nurse.
In the market

United States

#6 Dec 13, 2012
Are you a guy? In my class, we had 5 guys in it so it was great. We all GRADUATED. I went about 15 years ago. Some of the best nurses come from Scioto co. I don't work as a nurse now but know they are still putting out good nurses.
new nurse

Van Wert, OH

#7 Dec 14, 2012
Interested student wrote:
Just curious if anyone has completed or attending LPN classes at any of these vocational schools n what's there thoughts on them...perspective student of all 3..
I graduated from pickaway Ross in October and the only good thing about that program is that no other classes graduate at the same time so I took boards less than a month from graduation. Any other place there's a pretty long wait because most classes graduate in the same month. I wouldn't recommend them. I've heard good things about scioto county though. They are all tough programs but just study your tail off and I'm sure you'll do fine.
no doubt

United States

#8 Dec 14, 2012
I graduated in August and took the test in sept. (one month later) from Scioto co.
Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Dec 14, 2012
no doubt wrote:
I graduated in August and took the test in sept.(one month later) from Scioto co.

We're u happy w the program at Scioto
no doubt

New York, NY

#10 Dec 14, 2012
Yes, very happy!
Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Dec 14, 2012
no doubt wrote:
Yes, very happy!
Ok thanks :)
LPN Father

Van Wert, OH

#12 Dec 15, 2012
My daughter went through the Scioto program and it is recognized as one of the best in our area. Graduates receive preference over some of the other programs simply because they are ready to work and continue advancement to RN. Contact Adena, SOMC or KDs and ask their HR department what programs prepare LPNs best. Graduates all must pass license exam so its the preparation beyond basic qualification that is different.
Interested student

Chillicothe, OH

#13 Dec 15, 2012
LPN Father wrote:
My daughter went through the Scioto program and it is recognized as one of the best in our area. Graduates receive preference over some of the other programs simply because they are ready to work and continue advancement to RN. Contact Adena, SOMC or KDs and ask their HR department what programs prepare LPNs best. Graduates all must pass license exam so its the preparation beyond basic qualification that is different.
Ty I appreciate that :)... Im tryn this has been my dream n I'm finally able to do it and yes I wld love to also do my RN after I complete my LPN n get settled n working to provide for my kids... I have heard wonderful things bout Sciotos program.. Was just not wanting to wait till August to start but ,abbé will be worth the wait
new nurse

New Lebanon, OH

#14 Dec 15, 2012
LPN Father wrote:
You realize that with every program graduates have to pass the license exam right? Just saying...
LPN Father

Van Wert, OH

#15 Dec 16, 2012
new nurse wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that with every program graduates have to pass the license exam right? Just saying...
New Nurse: yes, I do realize this fact and stated that all must pass a license exam. Some programs go beyond minimum and do a better job of preparing new LPNs for the work force. If she wants to know who has the best program, just ask the hiring managers at KD, SOMC or Adena. Not out to attack anybody's program but they are not equal and that is why some graduates that pass their boards are given preference when hiring.

She asked the question.
new nurse

Canton, OH

#16 Dec 17, 2012
LPN Father wrote:
<quoted text>New Nurse: yes, I do realize this fact and stated that all must pass a license exam. Some programs go beyond minimum and do a better job of preparing new LPNs for the work force. If she wants to know who has the best program, just ask the hiring managers at KD, SOMC or Adena. Not out to attack anybody's program but they are not equal and that is why some graduates that pass their boards are given preference when hiring.

She asked the question.
Ok sorry I didn't mean to jump on you I misunderstood what you meant. Like I said in an earlier post I wouldn't necessarily recommend pickaway Ross. They lost one of their best instructors towards the end of our program and I think it really hurt them.
browneyelover

United States

#17 Dec 17, 2012
i highly recommend bridging to the RN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff Election 2 hr Hmmm 165
1 in every 50 children is now autistic 5 hr Ms Riley 6
Gardasil: Sharing the Carnage with Boys 7 hr Soren Dreier 1
Arthur from Van Rob (Oct '15) 13 hr DidItTo 15
Stephen Hawking-the slobbering tard 18 hr hawking is FAKE 12
the poisoned needle Thu UpYours 18
does anyone know phyllis toland. Thu tommas 7

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance