richie henderson and rob junk

Posted in the Waverly Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
randy ludlow

Logan, OH

#1 Sep 1, 2012
recent independent study finds the the duo of rob junk and richie henderson most incompetent pair in decades. the study was of convicton rates and sentencing of violent and sexual offenders. for instance recently Rob Junk sentenced a man to five years in prison for raping a 7 year old, Ohio law states the raping of a 7 year old victim should carry a life term with no possiblity of parole.Rob Junk was quoted in the paper as being happy to get that. Then there is the Sanders case where one of richie henderson's deputys was charged with rape and guess what, richie and rob all but flat out protected him. When are the people going to realize a vote for Richie or Rob is a vote to protect violent offenders and child molesters. This full study will soon be in the dispatch soon.
Justice

Van Wert, OH

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Since when did the prosecutor start sentencing people?
the other case you speak of and evidently know nothing about he didn't work for Henderson.
Justice

Van Wert, OH

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Doctor wrote:
So what did they bust you for Randy? Sounds like you're pissed because they found your plants or something?
You might be right. He sure doesn't like LE for some reason. He should get to know what he is talking about too before he gets on here and shows his lack of knowledge IMO
AsISeeIt

Clyde, OH

#5 Sep 1, 2012
Justice wrote:
Since when did the prosecutor start sentencing people?
the other case you speak of and evidently know nothing about he didn't work for Henderson.
Its true that Sanders never worked since Henderson has been sheriff. He workded under the former sheriff Travis. However the prosecutor does have a lot to do with sentencing. I feel over all Henderson and Junk do a descent job.
whogivesadoodoo

Clyde, OH

#6 Sep 1, 2012
No one who is in law enforcement or who is a public figure gets a fair shake on this forum. Most people who talk about them have no clue what is involved in doing there job and for the most part don't know what kind of job they do.
interesting

Hillsboro, OH

#7 Sep 1, 2012
i agree with the incompetent and no i have never been arrested for anything cuz i dont do anything, my dealings with junk and the sheriffs office are wanting them to more aggressively prosecute someone.....and junk should not be taking other things to trial with no evidence
hair raiser

West Salem, OH

#8 Sep 1, 2012
I support sheriff henderson and prosacuter junk. But they need to get a little harder on the people who have drug convictions. Maybe more drug tests. When on probation for these offenses
Justice

Van Wert, OH

#9 Sep 1, 2012
There isn't enough money for me to do either one of the jobs.
waverlyresident

Clyde, OH

#10 Sep 1, 2012
they need to spend more time out of waverly and maybe they could get something done in the county. looks like some of them want to be traffic cops instead of getting the druggies and thiefs. I hear on the news the osp is hiring.
Walter Bailey

Clyde, OH

#11 Sep 1, 2012
hair raiser wrote:
I support sheriff henderson and prosacuter junk. But they need to get a little harder on the people who have drug convictions. Maybe more drug tests. When on probation for these offenses
Drug tests are not up to the sheriff. That is the probation people who do that. Read the Ohio Revised Code and you will see that it is the lawmakers who are responsible for the "kinder, gentler philosophy". These idiots have pulled the teeth of law enforcment.
All the law enforcment can do is arrest these people. The court is a revolving door and it isn't the cops fault for that.
Retired Cop

Washington Court House, OH

#12 Sep 2, 2012
First off, the ORC clearly says.."the court may impose upon the offender a term of life without parole". The key words there are COURT and MAY. Yes, Rob may make a deal that seems extremely light. However, have you thought why that might actually be? Some of the same people that get on here and bitch about LE and how they NEVER do their jobs, and they are all corrupt and BLAH BLAH, are likely going to be sitting on the jury hearing these cases. These people sit down with their minds convinced that somehow, this person on trial is being wrongly accused or prosecuted, OR they dont like the arresting officer because the officer has arrested him/her at some point and they MAY refuse to convict. You can say that this would never happen, but I know for a FACT that it does. With this in mind, Prosecutors have to decide whether to take their chances with these "squirrels" on the jury and maybe see the defendant walk free OR offer him a deal that he/she and their attorney will accept to insure that they are convicted. Now, would you rather see these child molesters, rapists and such do 5 years in prison or walk free because some jury member dislikes the officer or Rob himself? Yes, plea bargains suck, but not nearly as bad as watching these scumbags walk free.

As far as the Frank Sanders case, Rob and Sheriff Henderson opted to let BCI&I do the investigation to make sure that the case wasnt influenced because of anyones familiarity with Frank or Kelli. What is wrong with that?
My Observation

Van Wert, OH

#13 Sep 2, 2012
Rob and Rich,

Begin by strengthening your workforce. Jobs should not be obtained and maintained because someone is related to someone. Training sessions should be mandatory, and merely not always met through a computer. There is nothing like a hands-on facilitator. If you would just work on this aspect, your jobs would both become so much easier. I give you kudos Rich because you have taken it to a new level, but there is so much to do.

Rob and Rich: It is better to be respected than liked; knowing you were both always ethical is what truly matters in the end.
r u serious

Wilmington, OH

#14 Sep 2, 2012
Retired Cop wrote:
First off, the ORC clearly says.."the court may impose upon the offender a term of life without parole". The key words there are COURT and MAY. Yes, Rob may make a deal that seems extremely light. However, have you thought why that might actually be? Some of the same people that get on here and bitch about LE and how they NEVER do their jobs, and they are all corrupt and BLAH BLAH, are likely going to be sitting on the jury hearing these cases. These people sit down with their minds convinced that somehow, this person on trial is being wrongly accused or prosecuted, OR they dont like the arresting officer because the officer has arrested him/her at some point and they MAY refuse to convict. You can say that this would never happen, but I know for a FACT that it does. With this in mind, Prosecutors have to decide whether to take their chances with these "squirrels" on the jury and maybe see the defendant walk free OR offer him a deal that he/she and their attorney will accept to insure that they are convicted. Now, would you rather see these child molesters, rapists and such do 5 years in prison or walk free because some jury member dislikes the officer or Rob himself? Yes, plea bargains suck, but not nearly as bad as watching these scumbags walk free.
As far as the Frank Sanders case, Rob and Sheriff Henderson opted to let BCI&I do the investigation to make sure that the case wasnt influenced because of anyones familiarity with Frank or Kelli. What is wrong with that?
first of all you fascist dirtball these squirrels you speak of are americans. did you ever think that if rob junk could properly charge and present a case a jury of americans could convict. the reason he gives out pleas is he is totally incompetent in a courtroom. how many times has he violated speedy trial rights or is that someone elses fault too
Justice

Van Wert, OH

#15 Sep 2, 2012
While searching the offender list of the inmates incarcerated from Pike County I saw a larger number than I was aware of that are serving prison time that have been sentenced in the last few years. They don't all "get off" as you might think they do.The media around here is the pits and do not cover any news about our county.
PikeCountyCitize n

United States

#16 Sep 2, 2012
I have been a victim of home theft and have personally dealt with Rob Junk and the Sheriff Department. I can say my experience was very positive with Mr. Junk. He always answered all my questions and returned my phone calls promptly. On the other hand, I believe the Sheriff department did not take the case seriously and although one conviction was made, there was evidence that others were involved but no effort was made to bring justice to the other violators. Keep in mind people that the Prosecution relies on "evidence" from the sheriff department in order to make a successful case. Without proper procedures and evidence it is difficult to convict and that is why you will continue to see deals made....a recent case showed more proof of this with poor investigation and evidence not processed properly. In my opinion if you accept the responsibility you need to produce the results. I will vote for Rob Junk but would like someone to step up to the task as Sheriff that will run a tighter ship.
interesting

Hillsboro, OH

#17 Sep 2, 2012
i have dealt with them personally also, but unfortunately did not have a positive experience, my opinion still is they are both totally incompetent
Retired Cop

#18 Sep 6, 2012
r u serious wrote:
<quoted text> first of all you fascist dirtball these squirrels you speak of are americans. did you ever think that if rob junk could properly charge and present a case a jury of americans could convict. the reason he gives out pleas is he is totally incompetent in a courtroom. how many times has he violated speedy trial rights or is that someone elses fault too
Yes, when I first started in LE, I believed that if the charges are correct and that a good case was presented that a jury would do its job. I quickly learned that all it takes is for 1 jury member to dislike the prosecutor, officer or LE in general and the defendant walks. I have seen ironclad cases presented (even with a confession) and in closing arguments, the defense attorney gets tears flowing by saying how his/her client had a rough life, was forced to commit crimes by their husband/wife, blah blah and the jury completely forgets all of the FACTS and finds them not guilty. That IMO is a "squirelly jury". Do you really think a defense attorney would allow speedy trial to be violated? If so, you are a fool. If you think Rob Junk & Co. are so incompetent then you need to go to the next Commissioners meeting and present the FACTS. That is, unless you have none.
r u serious

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2012
Retired Cop wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when I first started in LE, I believed that if the charges are correct and that a good case was presented that a jury would do its job. I quickly learned that all it takes is for 1 jury member to dislike the prosecutor, officer or LE in general and the defendant walks. I have seen ironclad cases presented (even with a confession) and in closing arguments, the defense attorney gets tears flowing by saying how his/her client had a rough life, was forced to commit crimes by their husband/wife, blah blah and the jury completely forgets all of the FACTS and finds them not guilty. That IMO is a "squirelly jury". Do you really think a defense attorney would allow speedy trial to be violated? If so, you are a fool. If you think Rob Junk & Co. are so incompetent then you need to go to the next Commissioners meeting and present the FACTS. That is, unless you have none.
when speedy trial rights are violated the case is dismissed moron. you need to take your all knowing ass to china or north korea where they dont have these so called jury problems and yes i have taken facts to the commissioners and those crooks protect thier own kind. the bill of rights was written to protect americans from police,judge,and jury combos like you YOU ARE THE TRUE SCUM THAT MADE A GREAT NATION BEARLY TOLERABLE
citzen

Columbus, OH

#20 Sep 6, 2012
Lets just hope these to can prove there compentency!
Retired Cop

#21 Sep 6, 2012
r u serious wrote:
<quoted text>when speedy trial rights are violated the case is dismissed moron. you need to take your all knowing ass to china or north korea where they dont have these so called jury problems and yes i have taken facts to the commissioners and those crooks protect thier own kind. the bill of rights was written to protect americans from police,judge,and jury combos like you YOU ARE THE TRUE SCUM THAT MADE A GREAT NATION BEARLY TOLERABLE
I realize that the case gets dismissed if speedy trial is violated jackass. My point was, that a defense attorney will jump all over speedy trial and the judge will dismiss the charges. I dedicated my life to protecting people like you at risk of my own life yet to you, I am scum. That is amazing. You want to complain that people arent doing their jobs, yet you dont want to lay any of the blame at the feet of the judges or the jurors that let their emotions take over instead of listening only to the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
skid has the sd card 9 hr Pike Co Voter 21
Chad Gowen 10 hr player 1
Topix and cyber bullying (Nov '10) 12 hr LIFE 17
Does anyone know anything about Alicia James/Ho... (Mar '10) Wed Curious 25
What are they building? Wed do not know 24
Rhoden murders Wed No Shyt 11
vanrob Wed BigB 12

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance