Waverly Police Chief
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pepperoni

Frankfort, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2010
I would love to see a discussion on here from fellow Waverly City Tax Payers about the unprofessionalism displayed daily by our Police Chief. He never wears a uniform while on duty and drives his police cruiser for personal use. Not only doesnt he wear a uniform but he doesnt even dress professional. He is always wearing blue jeans and sneakers and he drives his police cruiser everwhere. Last week I saw him shopping in walmart for about 30 min, dressed in blue jeans and sneakers while his police cruiser (with yellow lights flashing)was parked out in front of the store in the emergency vehicle only section. Not the first time Ive seen this. Its time the tax payers speak up and hold our city officials accountable. Our Police Chief should be setting an example for his police officers and the city. The City Tax we all pay is paying his salary. I would expect the Mayor to set higher standards for his police chief. This is business as usual in Waverly so I know nothing will happen. It will be interesting to see what people say anyway.
Observer

Columbus, OH

#2 Jan 11, 2010
What did he do? Give you a ticket?
Pepperoni

Athens, OH

#3 Jan 11, 2010
Observer wrote:
What did he do? Give you a ticket?
Nope..he was too busy shopping in Walmart
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#4 Jan 11, 2010
How do you know if he was not buying something for the PD ?
mom

Van Wert, OH

#5 Jan 12, 2010
i dont know i always thought he was an undercover cop because of outfit,although he did have a uniform on when he caught us moonin cars 15yrs ago
geterdoner

Marysville, OH

#6 Jan 12, 2010
He is an outstanding officer who takes no crap from anyone- anywhere- at anytime! He is very well respected at the state level and serves our community well- he doesnt try and make a ton of friends---- if you think i am crazy ask people who work at BCI or the FBI or the state highway patrol everyone knows he knows his stuff.
just me

Van Wert, OH

#7 Jan 12, 2010
I think it's ok for him to dress that way! He isn't trying to look like a bad ass cop, he doesn't need his uniform to do his job, he should drive the cop car where he goes! Do you know how long it would take him if he was shopping at walmart if he got an emergency call and had to go home to get his police car! I am not a cop, I am a tax payer, I do no work for the city, I just have a different opinion than you do! There are way more different issues than the way he dresses and that he drives a cruiser wherever he goes. A uniform and a crusier doesn't make a good or bad cop! We do have some issues with some cops that think there bad asses because of there uniform and crusier, just me and my opinion!
Tomorrow

Van Wert, OH

#8 Jan 12, 2010
I don't care what they wear, if I had an emergency and needed them, I wouldn't care if they came in their PJ's.

As far as him keeping the cruiser at home, that's fine with me too. I would want him to respond to me as soon as he could get here.

All businesses appreciate the presence of PD. It helps deter shop lifting and other crimes in the stores. If I'm shopping and see one it makes me feel good to know they are there.

Since: Jul 07

Anytown, USA

#9 Jan 12, 2010
This reminds me of an episode of Andy Griffith when Barney was running against Andy for Sheriff. Barney accused Andy of using the police car to go fishing, and was never in proper uniform........
vicky

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 14, 2010
Surely, this man knows that in a small town like Waverly every thing he does reflects on him and everybody knows what he does and doesn't do.
Domino

Lucasville, OH

#11 Jan 14, 2010
The man in basically on duty or on call 24/7. So, driving his cruiser around town is fine by me in case there is an emergency. Why wouldn't you want him to drive his cruiser around whenever he's in town? It doesn't make sense for him to drive back to his house, change vehicles, and then respond. So would an official uniform make him perform his duties better as police chief? Let the man do his job without complaining so much.
Hoggy

Puyallup, WA

#12 Jan 14, 2010
Surely you don't believe everything that you read! Even in a small town like Waverly, most people do not know what he does or does not do.
Stepping on your toes

Millsboro, DE

#13 Jan 14, 2010
Dang don't say nothing about our SPECIAL LAW OFFICERS...People of Waverly r suck [email protected]@s, . Hell if they just knew half of the [email protected] some people knows.Most cops r the same ,LOW LIFES...People needs to get real.Hell no the guy don't need to be driving the cruiser to WAL-MART,or anywhere else unless he is on duty.
livinginwaverly

United States

#14 Jan 14, 2010
Sounds like pepperoni might have some sour grapes.
livinginwaverly

United States

#15 Jan 15, 2010
Just wondering if pepperoni has ever spoke to the chief about theses issues before bashing him here before this large group of twelve. Really reaching a large audience here pep. I do not know this man personally but I know officers on the department and they say when something is going on day or night he is there. If they call him in the middle of the night he is up and out in no time. Most times he hears what is going on by radio and is out before they contact him. Sounds like he is not such a bad officer or chief
Observer

Columbus, OH

#16 Jan 15, 2010
livinginwaverly wrote:
Just wondering if pepperoni has ever spoke to the chief about theses issues before bashing him here before this large group of twelve. Really reaching a large audience here pep. I do not know this man personally but I know officers on the department and they say when something is going on day or night he is there. If they call him in the middle of the night he is up and out in no time. Most times he hears what is going on by radio and is out before they contact him. Sounds like he is not such a bad officer or chief
Well said!
notajoke

Van Wert, OH

#17 Jan 27, 2010
I know police chief Roe personally...hell he was even at my wedding. This guys top priority is the city of Waverly and he keeps himself on duty 24/7 with NO OVERTIME! And as for keeping his vehicle out front of walmart with the lights flashing...he does that because the store asked him to.

Is Stepping on your toes even speaking english? his typing looks like my 2 year old was banging on the keyboard.
Observer

Columbus, OH

#18 Jan 27, 2010
notajoke wrote:
Is Stepping on your toes even speaking english? his typing looks like my 2 year old was banging on the keyboard.
lol! I think most of the posts on this forum must be from the same person using different screen names - surely there can't be that many illiterate whiners in Pike County!!!
running with scissors

Dublin, OH

#19 Jan 28, 2010
Citazen wrote:
This reminds me of an episode of Andy Griffith when Barney was running against Andy for Sheriff. Barney accused Andy of using the police car to go fishing, and was never in proper uniform........
LOL! my husband said the same thing!
livinginwaverly

Grove City, OH

#20 Jan 28, 2010
Stepping on your toes wrote:
Dang don't say nothing about our SPECIAL LAW OFFICERS...People of Waverly r suck [email protected]@s,. Hell if they just knew half of the [email protected] some people knows.Most cops r the same ,LOW LIFES...People needs to get real.Hell no the guy don't need to be driving the cruiser to WAL-MART,or anywhere else unless he is on duty.
If it was his day off and you wanted something from him, you would probably be one of the first ones to remind him that he is on duty 24/7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bridget Turpen (Oct '12) 7 min HaHa 23
Your theory on Piketon murders of 8 (May '16) 8 min miss mcgillicutty 168,092
Whitey saves black devil 10 min Ralph de Gael 2
Danielle Leasure Dunn missing 15 min McCrary 2
plant landfill 5 hr Street 5
What happened to LLOYD'S PIZZA? :( (Jan '17) Sun AAA 53
Byrd (Oct '11) Sat username 27

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance