U. of Nebraska bans assassin game

U. of Nebraska bans assassin game

There are 6 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 7, 2008, titled U. of Nebraska bans assassin game. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

When campus police got word that a masked student had a gun at his desk during class, armed officers immediately confronted him, confiscated it and found out others on campus were carrying weapons as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

larry g

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 7, 2008
only idiots would do this and think it's fun or funny
RegW

Washington, DC

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Dear Lance Park: You are a moron of staggering proportions. The fear is not that some kid will play Assassins and think "Oh, let's go do that in real life." The fear is that some idiot is going to, in your words, "really [get] into his game, dressing in camouflage and black and lurking around targets' houses, waiting for them to come out," and that idiot is going to get shot and killed by someone (i.e., law enforcement or an armed homeowner) who isn't in on the game. You want to run around with a fake gun? Go for it. But no lawsuits when your dumb @ss gets shot by somebody with a real one.

“Obama 2008”

Since: Feb 08

Potomac, MD

#3 Mar 7, 2008
And, once again, fear is victorious in Amerika.
Allan

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 7, 2008
WTF did we not play this at Towson when I went there? Damnit.
Pat

Wichita, KS

#5 Mar 7, 2008
"only idiots would do this and think it's fun or funny"

<p>
Generalize much? We played it at UMD-College Park and it was a pretty good time. I got killed right before a calculus lecture began, by someone I never suspected was after me.
<p>
Of course, we used a rolled up sock as our weapon of choice rather than anything looking like a real weapon...
HgWells

Clarksville, MD

#6 Mar 7, 2008
I think it's interesting people are still playing this game...and have been for at least 26 years. I wonder how many people even remember this movie: http://imdb.com/title/tt0084756/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waverly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cedar Falls Asks for Input on Riverfront Project Jul '16 Tsg_silent 3
Tim Daman dead at 43 (Aug '13) Mar '16 mohit patel 51
Mary Kay Mar '16 marykaygirl 1
News Sheriff Questions Online Classes for Concealed ... Mar '16 payme 3
News Rubio tells Iowa voters he will unite conservat... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Vote For Trump 4
News Marco Rubio: 'No one's going to force me to sto... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Trump blames Bill Clinton for 9/11 (Jan '16) Jan '16 Anonymous 1

Waverly Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waverly Mortgages