Posted in the Waveland Forum

First Prev
of 200
Next Last
Glad to have a Choice

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#1 Jan 14, 2009
http://208.62.60.4/40/article_ 2861.shtml
Despite rumors to the contrary, Bay St. Louis Mayor Eddie Favre said he will "absolutely" seek a sixth term in the upcoming municipal election.
Though the city clerk's office said Favre, a Democrat, has not yet turned in a Statement of Intent one of the forms required to begin the qualification process to run for office all prospective candidates have until 5 p.m. March 6 to file the appropriate paperwork.
"The more the merrier," Favre said Friday of his opponents in the impending race.
Thus far, two residents have decided to accept Favre's invitation to make a run for the city's top job.
David Mayley currently finishing his fifth year as a Bay-Waveland School District board member announced Tuesday he plans to throw his hat in the ring as a Republican candidate.
"If I'm lucky enough to become mayor, and I think I have a good chance, I want to build the bridges between all the citizens and government entities ... there's so many groups out there right now in Bay St. Louis and they're all fractured," said Mayley. Adding, "I've always been a bridge builder and a good communicator."
Mayley said his plans to achieve continuity throughout the city include: working closely with councilmen to keep them informed on a daily basis; and having a monthly column in the Sea Coast Echo to "talk about what's going on in the city."
"I would be a very visible mayor, he said.
Tad Black former city councilman for Ward 4 from 1993 to 2001 said his council experience would be beneficial to him should he be elected mayor.
"I feel like its time for a change to move our city forward," said Black. "This has been a 25 year goal of mine; to be mayor of Bay St. Louis ... I feel like I am ready to take on the challenges."
Black declined to provide more details about his ideas for the city or his party affiliation at this time. He also ran for mayor in 2001.
While Bay's city clerk's office said neither Mayley nor Black have officially turned in a Statement of Intent, several current councilmen have, they are: Councilman-at-Large Bill Taylor; Councilman Bobby Compretta, Ward 4; and Councilman Joey Boudin, Ward 5.
The party primaries will be held coast-wide, with the exception of Waveland, May 5 and the general election will be held June 2. Waveland holds city elections on a different annual schedule.

“Life is a Beach”

Since: Aug 07

Bay Saint Louis

#2 Jan 14, 2009
So who can we vote for so far...Favre and Black?
Who else is running?

“Life is a Beach”

Bay Saint Louis

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Delete the previous post...I see who is running now. I think Bob Compretta is the most competent.
The Usual Suspect

Diberville, MS

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Mayor Mayley sounds good, Mayor Black also has a nice ring to it.
Just so long as I don't have to drop my head in public and with embarassment say that "Fast Eddie" Favre is the mayor anymore I will be happy!!

“Life is a Beach”

Bay Saint Louis

#5 Jan 15, 2009
The Usual Suspect wrote:
Mayor Mayley sounds good, Mayor Black also has a nice ring to it.
Just so long as I don't have to drop my head in public and with embarassment say that "Fast Eddie" Favre is the mayor anymore I will be happy!!
If Tad gets elected, he could also come around and cut your grass.
The Usual Suspect

Urbandale, IA

#6 Jan 16, 2009
wellheadman wrote:
<quoted text>
If Tad gets elected, he could also come around and cut your grass.
It would be nice just see a mayor that works!!
ashley farnet

AOL

#7 Jan 20, 2009
the katrina cottages are better than 90% of the houses that were destroyed in bay st. louis before the storm. they are probably as well built or better than 90% of the houses that people are getting permits to rebuilt right now. why waste this valuable resource? let's use them and make them work so that they meet all requirements that any other residential property must meet.do the city leaders realize that you must start a fire with kindling? start small and get people back living in the community. retail will follow and more people will come in turn.
Leanne

Gulfport, MS

#8 Jan 20, 2009
Any info on helping out with David Mayley's campaign? He is a great person, a previous small business owner, an active member of our community, and a member of the school board. This town needs someone like him. A little more action, less talk. With the economy the way that it is, and our small town being affected severely, we need someone who will think with a business-owner frame of mind. Thank you.
Ashley MAYLEY Genna

Springfield, MO

#9 Jan 22, 2009
Hey Leanne, thanks for the kind words about my dad. I know he would appreciate any and all support and I feel he would be fantastic for this small town! Here is my e-mail address feel free to shoot me an e-mail and i can keep you posted on everything going on with his campaign. [email protected] This goes for anyone else who wants to help out!
-Ash
Gerard

Urbandale, IA

#10 Feb 2, 2009
David Mayley is the "RIGHT MAN, RIGHT NOW!!!!" Dave has been an outstanding citizen and business owner in Bay St. Louis. In fact, Dave has probably been more visable in our community's daily activities then Eddie Favre could ever begin to imagine!!! Dave is heavily involved with the Bay St. Louis Rotary Club (a past president), Has been an active member of the Bay-Waveland school board, a member of Hancock County's Relay For Life(past chairman), an active memeber of the Main st. merchants association, an active member of the Hancock County Chamber of Commerce, a memeber of the Friends of the the Animal Shelter association, and the list continues on and on!!!! On top of all these civic organizations Dave still has the time to be a great husband to his wife Susanne, a great father to his 2 children Weston (BSL Police Officer), and Ashley, and is very proud grandfather of 7!!!! Bay St. Louis would be truely blessed to have David Mayley as our mayor!!! Katrina has come and gone and its time to PUT OUR PANTS ON and get Bay St. Louis out of the irons and set sail to the bright future that awaits us!!! Bay St. Louis Stand up for a change and lets take some pride in our community and VOTE DAVID MAYLEY FOR MAYOR 2009 "The Right Man, Right Now!!!"
2 cents

Springfield, MO

#11 Feb 4, 2009
I would like to hear what the people who are running for mayor has to say about our schools and where on their list of priorities does our school system rank?
BayDiamond

Urbandale, IA

#12 Feb 5, 2009
Mike Weems is running!!
BayDiamond

Urbandale, IA

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Mike Weems is very aware of our school system and the needs of the students! Believe me, that is on the top of his list.
Think about it

Urbandale, IA

#15 Feb 6, 2009
Where did Mayley's children attend school? I see that he is a member of the school board and was just wondering.
Call it like its seen

Tallassee, AL

#16 Feb 7, 2009
I'd vote for Mickey Mouse just to see Eddie out of there. Maley I don't know a whole lot about, but willing to listen. Mike seems like a fairly smart cat. either way has to be better than what's there now.
Think about it

Urbandale, IA

#17 Feb 7, 2009
It is definitely a time for a change.......time for a change all the way from the top to some of those on the payroll that get a check but never show up for work.......hopefully, one of these guys can help with the improvement of how the school systems around here run.
get it right

Urbandale, IA

#18 Feb 8, 2009
Eddie out Weems in come on people lets do this Weems is our man for the job
get it right

Urbandale, IA

#19 Feb 8, 2009
I beleave that Mike Weems will be the best mayor, a full time mayor at that. Not someone whos gonna cut grass and kill bugs for a livin. They dont have time to be the mayor. So lets get Weems for mayor to make Bay St. Louis a better place to live.
GO WEEMS!!!!! WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to have a choice

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#20 Feb 8, 2009
Dave's kids went to public schools in Bay St Louis. He values education and has served on the school board for the past 5 years.

His son is a police officer in the Bay. He knows our needs and offers refreshing solutions.

There are only a hand full of people I view as qualified to be mayor, and Dave Mayley is at the top of that list.
The Usual Suspect

Diberville, MS

#21 Feb 9, 2009
The more I talk to Dave Mayley the more he seems the right man for the job!!
Haven't decided totally yet....but he has the clear lead so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 200
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiln Music Selection (Aug '12) 14 hr Musikologist 13
Hit and Run Aug 23 cpel 1
Snitches 607 cutaway Aug 23 stephi35 4
sugar daddy (Jun '12) Aug 23 stephi35 4
fkbuddysonly Aug 14 longdong 1
News One dead, two hospitilized after car hits house... Aug 12 Second admendent 3
Review: Deano Elise Epperson Aug 9 msgrl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages