First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gina

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Jul 3, 2010
I live in Pearl Piver County, I use the picayune talk web site to find out information on things happening in my county. I saw a topic talking about police harrasment. I decided to post a comment about what had happened to my son and his girlfriend being harrased by police. I keep it clean and showed respect,others also told about what had happened to them. I tried to go on the site this morning but I could not because I had been banned with no explation why. This site is a joke, it must be run by the police or something. I just wanted to let everyone know how they operate. Free speach,yeah right.
Thinker

New Orleans, LA

#2 May 2, 2012
Sorry, Gina, you were never banned. You may have gotten caught in a spam filter.

Picayune Talk is open to all. http://www.picayunetalk.com

You do have to joint to post, but not to read.
celtdruid70

Petal, MS

#3 May 22, 2014
Having never been to PRC county Court in Picayune I have no idea where it is.....thanks for nothing
celtdruid70

Petal, MS

#4 May 22, 2014
I am looking for a McGehee who does their family genealogy....looking on info for James Wood McGehee and Rebecca Perry McGehee.

Thank You
sam

Salem, NJ

#5 Jun 17, 2014
anyone know of anyone in picayune that needs yard work done free of charge,just people that can,t afford to pay someone to do it.its the youth in the community that is going around and helping people in need?contact nathan nelson.on face book for info.or monica.
Mrkc101

Picayune, MS

#6 Jul 21, 2014
Hey Thinker, I can't get on your site anymore. What's going on?
noneya

Picayune, MS

#7 Jul 21, 2014
Mrkc101 wrote:
Hey Thinker, I can't get on your site anymore. What's going on?
Thinker (Walter Brannon) owner of Picayune Talk Forum arrested for Theft

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/07/f...

A former University of New Orleans computer engineer is accused of clearing out his campus office of nearly $10,000 in electronics and then filing a false police report in an attempt to conceal his crime.
Walter Brannon, 72, was arrested Wednesday on charges theft and filing false public records after New Orleans Police Department investigators used tracking software to trace a missing laptop computer to his home in Picayune, Miss.

A search warrant executed by the Pearl River County sheriff's office turned up that computer and several other items in Brannon's home that had been reported stolen from the university in late June, police said.

Brannon vehemently denied any wrongdoing when reached by phone Thursday,(July 17). He said his wife also lost her job at the university, and in the crunch of having to settle their affairs and move out of their home, it took him time to find the missing items.

"They went way overboard," Brannon said of the charges against him. "I planned to bring them in."

Ranzy Montet, UNO's director of human resources, said Brannon was laid off effective June 30 but was eligible to submit retirement paperwork after being employed at the university for the past 15 years. Brannon most recently served as Manager of the University Messaging System, and had worked for UNO's Computer and Communications Department.

Brannon said his job responsibilities required him to take home some of the items, and he followed university protocol in doing so. The projector, he said, could have been accidentally placed in a box by one of the students who helped him pack up his office.

"One of the computers was several years old," he said. "It's not like I was trying to get a choice piece of equipment at a cheap price."

The NOPD report said Brannon was allowed to remove personal property from his office that day under the watchful eyes of his supervisor and a university police officer. It said Brannon told them he was unable to fit all his belongings into his small car, and would return for more of them the next day. UNO police officer Herbert Fisher instructed Brannon to contact university police when he returned to campus, according to the report.

But police said Brannon came back to campus June 30, without notifying university police or his supervisor.

Police said surveillance video captured Brannon asking a custodian, who was not aware the man was no longer a UNO employee, to unlock his former office.

Brannon was able to remove two "large storage containers" before his presence was noticed, at which time he took a third storage container to his car, NOPD said.

After putting the third container in his car, police allege, Brannon told a UNO officer that he wanted to file a police report about property stolen from his office.

The property included two laptop computers, a cellphone, two tablets and a projector, police said.

Brannon refused to let another university police officer search the containers in his car for the missing property, saying he was "late for an appointment," according to police.

Brannon is free on $5,000 bond. His next court date is scheduled for Sept. 13.
Ex PicayuneTalk poster

Picayune, MS

#8 Jul 22, 2014
That a boy Walt (AKA "the short, fat, bald man". His words not mine) tuck your tail, take your ball and go home, as well as shut down the Picayune Talk site now that you are found out what you are really all about. SAD!
Anonymous

Picayune, MS

#9 Jul 22, 2014
It is sad! So do we all post here now?
Ex Reader of PT

Picayune, MS

#10 Jul 23, 2014
I agree with Ex Picayune Talk poster, he is deceiving and is arrogant old man! You do the crime you do the time, dude!
Wonder if he used any of the stolen equipment for picayune talk forum.
he boldly threaten people on picayune talk that he could use IP addresses to identifiy people which is legal to give that information out without a Federal warrant. If he used UNO's equipment for Picayune Talk that may perhaps put UNO at risk for legal issues of personal identities being publicizing by their employee. I can take one guess who he may have given IP address identity information too!
tide81

Carriere, MS

#11 Jul 25, 2014
Well I guess we all now know who we have been dealing with. This is really sad thunk you should've been a better man
ex PT Reader

Baton Rouge, LA

#12 Jul 26, 2014
Ex Reader of PT wrote:
I agree with Ex Picayune Talk poster, he is deceiving and is arrogant old man! You do the crime you do the time, dude!
Wonder if he used any of the stolen equipment for picayune talk forum.
he boldly threaten people on picayune talk that he could use IP addresses to identifiy people which is legal to give that information out without a Federal warrant. If he used UNO's equipment for Picayune Talk that may perhaps put UNO at risk for legal issues of personal identities being publicizing by their employee. I can take one guess who he may have given IP address identity information too!
typo correction, meant to say that "it's illegal to give out any IP address without a Federal warrant"
sue

Picayune, MS

#13 Aug 4, 2014
Where do ex "Picayune talk" posters now post?
Lakemail

Slidell, LA

#14 Aug 5, 2014
That's a great question! I've wondered that too!
LSUGTI

Picayune, MS

#15 Aug 6, 2014
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have created a forum for Pearl River County residents. As a fairly new transplant to the area, the picayune talk forum was quite helpful in many ways. Come join us at www.PearlRiverTalk.com .
night prowler

Netherlands

#16 Aug 6, 2014
LSUGTI, would that forum be monitored by the local political figures as Picayune Talk was rumored to be? Picayune Talk had a lot of rude local members whom were ready to rooster fight members who were transplants which the locals called "outsiders". It was a very unwelcome atmosphere for those as they called as "outsiders". It's really sad these people are so unwelcoming to others. Most of the transplants were displaced by hurricane Katrina whom lost everything and had to start all over, being Christians as they claim to be, you would think they would have a warm heart to welcome those who were misfortune of a lifetime lost of their homes and family members due to the hurricane destination. A forum is needed that is not controlled or monitored by the local politicians and to be a welcoming forum for all people whether they are locals or transplants.

Since: Aug 14

Picayune, MS

#17 Aug 7, 2014
While I cannot completely control who joins or who reads to forum, my hope is that it is a friendlier place than Picayune Talk. This is the first forum that I have created so it will be a learning experience for me.

I assure you I am no politician. My job was recently relocated from Baton Rouge to New Orleans and we were looking for a good safe community to raise our children. My wife has many relatives in Carriere so we chose to settle here.
Linda

Picayune, MS

#18 Aug 10, 2014
Thanks for starting the new forum!!!
Mrkc101

Houston, TX

#19 Aug 12, 2014
pearlrivertalk.com is slowly gaining members. Hope all the old ones join soon
Justme

Madisonville, LA

#20 Aug 25, 2014
night prowler wrote:
LSUGTI, would that forum be monitored by the local political figures as Picayune Talk was rumored to be? Picayune Talk had a lot of rude local members whom were ready to rooster fight members who were transplants which the locals called "outsiders". It was a very unwelcome atmosphere for those as they called as "outsiders". It's really sad these people are so unwelcoming to others. Most of the transplants were displaced by hurricane Katrina whom lost everything and had to start all over, being Christians as they claim to be, you would think they would have a warm heart to welcome those who were misfortune of a lifetime lost of their homes and family members due to the hurricane destination. A forum is needed that is not controlled or monitored by the local politicians and to be a welcoming forum for all people whether they are locals or transplants.

"outsiders" or transplants were welcome here until they tried to turn our little town into another New Orleans or da Parrish..Think people got tired of their actions..Picayune Talk WAS monitored by city officials..I know that first hand...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Adult sex dating in picayune mississippi (Sep '08) Sat grossmaer37 7
New girl Jan 12 I see and hear ev... 3
News Sound Off for December 18: How can one man a di... Dec 31 Mysteries 1
News Whata s the secret item in this time capsule? F... Dec 31 Mysteries 1
News Mississippi shore still rebuilding 10 years aft... Dec 31 Mysteries 1
How Corrupt Is the Hancock County Sheriff's Dep... (Jan '07) Dec 27 smaeajak 855
Coconut moonshine Dec 26 Moonhobby 1

Waveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages