Waveland Police Department - Necaise

Posted in the Waveland Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Watching and Wondering

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#1 Nov 5, 2010
Has anyone heard anything about the Waveland PD letting Clay Necaise go last week? If it's true, why did it happen? How does it affect folks that have been arrested by him? How does it affect cases in which he was a witness? How does it affect appeals? Is he going to show up working for the Hancock Sheriff's Department, or the Bay, the Pass, or Gulfport Police Department? I thought the Waveland Aldermen had to be involved. Was a special meeting called? Does anyone know anything at all about this?
From BSL

Toledo, OH

#2 Nov 5, 2010
A Department Head (ie: Chief of Police) can let anyone go with proper documentation. They just have to inform the Mayor of their decision. Since Wavelan is Civil Service protected, the person let go can appeal to the Civil Service Board.

If the officer was let go, he does not have to appear for future court cases. Anyone charged or cited a ticket would be found not guilty because the State failed to prosecute. You can't be found guilty without the person who signed the affidavit present.

Whether it is true that he was let go, I have
not heard.
From Waveland

Valdosta, GA

#3 Nov 5, 2010
Yes, the officer has to show up for court if they get a subpoena or they can be charged with contempt of court.

If an officer doesn't show up your case gets dismissed. You aren't found "not guilty".
From BSL

Toledo, OH

#4 Nov 5, 2010
Forgive me for using the wrong term. As I said, State fails to prosecute. You know as well as I do, the officer will 9 times out of 10 not be give a subpoena after being let go. Prosecution is too afraid they will have "amnesia" and have "no recollection" of what happened. If that happens, without testimony or evidence, the person charged will then truly be found not guilty.

If the officer is leaving to go to work for another department or jurisdiction and not "let go", then they will more than likely be glad to appear in court and finish the case.
ohnonotagain

Ocean Springs, MS

#5 Nov 5, 2010
?
itsjustathang

Diamondhead, MS

#6 Nov 5, 2010
why the intrest in a nobody like clay necaise he has worked for all kinds of law enforcement agencies. maybe he is the problem!!!!
Interested

Urbandale, IA

#7 Nov 6, 2010
itsjustathang wrote:
why the intrest in a nobody like clay necaise he has worked for all kinds of law enforcement agencies. maybe he is the problem!!!!
Personally, I’m interested because apparently, in his mind, Clay Necaise becomes somebody when he wears a gun and a taser on his belt. He was one of the officers who testified in the Super Bowl Party tasing case of Mr. Marquar. In a 2008 Sun Herald editorial,“Necaise refused to testify under oath how many times he had fired a Taser in his eight months with the department, saying only that it was “less than 100.” And he was directly involved in the unnecessary tasing of Mr. Parker, and any number of unnecessary “disorderly conduct” and “resisting arrest” cover charges on non-criminal citizens. He is one of the white-shirted sergeants who makes sure that everyone’s emotions escalate instead of acting as a professional and a calming “voice of reason.” Yes, I think it’s important to ask if the Waveland Police Department has just washed their hands of him without being accountable and warning the public, and foisting him on neighboring communities with no explanation. Anyone at Waveland PD willing to walk this one backwards and make things right with the regular citizens who have been forced to put up with him, and your unwavering defense of him, for two and a half years?
From BSL

United States

#8 Nov 10, 2010
Interested wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I’m interested because apparently, in his mind, Clay Necaise becomes somebody when he wears a gun and a taser on his belt. He was one of the officers who testified in the Super Bowl Party tasing case of Mr. Marquar. In a 2008 Sun Herald editorial,“Necaise refused to testify under oath how many times he had fired a Taser in his eight months with the
department, saying only that it was “less than 100.” And he was directly involved in the
unnecessary tasing of Mr. Parker, and any
number of unnecessary “disorderly conduct”
and “resisting arrest” cover charges on non-
criminal citizens. He is one of the white-
shirted sergeants who makes sure that
everyone’s emotions escalate instead of
acting as a professional and a calming “voice
of reason.” Yes, I think it’s important to ask
if the Waveland Police Department has just
washed their hands of him without being
accountable and warning the public, and
foisting him on neighboring communities with
no explanation. Anyone at Waveland PD
willing to walk this one backwards and make
things right with the regular citizens who
have been forced to put up with him, and
your unwavering defense of him, for two and
a half years
Gotta love it. While I read your comment, I could picture in my head one of our well known and predominant local defense attorneys giving that argument in court. If you are the unnamed atty, well done. If you're not the unnamed atty, you very well should have been. ;o)
Dying Laughing Funny

Victoria, MN

#9 Nov 12, 2010
Anything Necaise did or didn't do is a direct reflection of the Chief.
Everything any officer does, falls at his feet!
Maybe the mayor-elect made a statement about the "loose cannons" running around the department and the chief fired him in hopes of gaining favor with the new mayor??
Imaginethis

Valdosta, GA

#10 Nov 12, 2010
Dying Laughing Funny wrote:
Anything Necaise did or didn't do is a direct reflection of the Chief.
Everything any officer does, falls at his feet!
Maybe the mayor-elect made a statement about the "loose cannons" running around the department and the chief fired him in hopes of gaining favor with the new mayor??
Maybe the Chief couldn't do anything and was undermined by a few right below him who are in the back pocket of the sitting mayor; and now that said sitting mayor is on his way out the Chief can finally do something with the support of a NEW mayor and aldermen. Not all is as it seems. Theres more to the stories than being splattered on here.
Poor Baby

Valdosta, GA

#11 Nov 14, 2010
Anybody that Tazes C. W. Parker is ok with me.
Unreal

Gulfport, MS

#12 Nov 15, 2010
Imaginethis wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Chief couldn't do anything and was undermined by a few right below him who are in the back pocket of the sitting mayor; and now that said sitting mayor is on his way out the Chief can finally do something with the support of a NEW mayor and aldermen. Not all is as it seems. Theres more to the stories than being splattered on here.
Seriously? you are going to claim the "Poor impoitent Chief" excuse? PLEASE!!
Nosey

Biloxi, MS

#13 Nov 16, 2010
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? you are going to claim the "Poor impoitent Chief" excuse? PLEASE!!
Waveland cops are stupid , their in uniforms and marked cars and think their invisible.
DHead

United States

#14 Nov 18, 2010
hey diamondhead watch out i hear tell that Neicase was kicked out of the bay chiefs office and now he is going to go to work for diamondhead
Watching and wondering

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#15 Nov 20, 2010
From BSL wrote:
Forgive me for using the wrong term. As I said, State fails to prosecute.
Thanks for responding and for the legal explanation, but looks to me the "failure to prosecute" concept only applies to municipal courts that are not in Waveland. The case I was curious about involved a person who went to court twice where Clay Necaise failed to appear, and the prosecutor, Patricia Willis, was able, easily, to get the case continued, when for a regular person who had been up late the night before and missed court, a warrant would have been issued. The case was continued twice, because of Necaise's absence, the second because the judge didn't remember the first time, even with proof. Third time was the charm; the person was found guilty and told by the judge not to appeal it because he/she would owe a lot more money. Injustice everywhere you look, all the way up the line in Waveland.

And fair warning to Diamondhead, if that is where Necaise has landed; you folks better have deep pockets as he is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Imaginethis

Valdosta, GA

#16 Nov 20, 2010
Watching and wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for responding and for the legal explanation, but looks to me the "failure to prosecute" concept only applies to municipal courts that are not in Waveland. The case I was curious about involved a person who went to court twice where Clay Necaise failed to appear, and the prosecutor, Patricia Willis, was able, easily, to get the case continued, when for a regular person who had been up late the night before and missed court, a warrant would have been issued. The case was continued twice, because of Necaise's absence, the second because the judge didn't remember the first time, even with proof. Third time was the charm; the person was found guilty and told by the judge not to appeal it because he/she would owe a lot more money. Injustice everywhere you look, all the way up the line in Waveland.
And fair warning to Diamondhead, if that is where Necaise has landed; you folks better have deep pockets as he is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
I wonder how many of Waveland's finest will be there in a month, after the election and the mayor and board take over?
Waveland Resident

Ridgeland, MS

#17 Jan 2, 2011
Imaginethis wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many of Waveland's finest will be there in a month, after the election and the mayor and board take over?
So far, the new mayor is keeping the same leadership in charge at the police department. He seems to be going after the road officers and not the folks running the show. Only time will tell.
BLUE LINE WATCHER

Clinton, IA

#18 Jan 4, 2011
yes the mayor is keying in on the road officers, however all about it the wrong way. Only time will tell, time waits for no man!
neo

Hattiesburg, MS

#19 Jan 5, 2011
The people that were cut this morning were the main ones that needed to go. Waveland PD was being choked by their presence there. Now it will be possible to place the right people in the right places to get that place back on track. The problem at WPD does not rest entirely on the shoulders of the road officers. The people that were cut this morning were like a Cancer and the only way to get rid of cancer is to cut it out!
BLUE LINE WATCHER

Clinton, IA

#20 Jan 5, 2011
neo, I disagree with you. They should have laid off the Chief who clearly makes bad choices. He is the one that been there for years and allowed the police department to develop to its present state. It appears now that the new mayor has the chief on a puppet string and calling the shots. What about the old rumors about the chief being at the "weigh station" on I-10 during his personal time. Hmmm! However, if the mayor has the chief on a puppet string like it appears, I don't see him getting rid of him for someone that might not follow his orders. It appears the chief is now just a follower than a leader. But who knows?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over 10,000 FEMA trailers (full-size) in Hope. ... (Feb '06) Jun 28 Bruce 124
Looking for George & Nikki Landry Jun 28 C E Lowe 2
News Bay cited for public records delay (Jul '15) Jun 24 BTPFTP 4
News Suspect in shootout with deputies facing new fe... Jun 21 nicole 1
Gulf Grove Apartments, Waveland, Mississippi (Apr '12) Jun 17 doug 45
Kenny Fial Jun 13 IKR 1
My poyadous<3 (Jul '12) Jun 10 Hancock Man 13

Waveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance