How Corrupt Is the Hancock County She...
Waveland Proud

Clinton, IA

#823 Aug 15, 2011
WavelandPOlice wrote:
I Guess no matter what you think of the sheriffs department, theyre now the Waveland Police department too!
Can you imagine the shock and suprise when a Waveland citizen calls for service and a professional law enforcement officer shows up and actually helps them! They are so used to being beaten, tased and arrested by the thugs that worked there. They will never want the Sheriff's Department to stop!
absolutely agree

Urbandale, IA

#824 Aug 16, 2011
Absolutely agree with you Waveland Proud, except I hope Besse doesn't get assigned the Waveland beat.
AndyNiceeA

United States

#825 Nov 11, 2011
Nicee
RBA

Slidell, LA

#827 Feb 29, 2012
My parents were long-time residents of Hancock County until their recent passing. Before their death my sister had lived with them, along with her kids. Now, we each own equal shares of the property and house. I went to the house the other day to collect a few things that we had divided and agreed were mine. She is living in the house...without my permission. Anyhow, she answered the door and let me in, along with my wife. Then she called the sheriffs office! They informed me that eventhough I had documentation I had to leave the property because she was the "resident." I have a lawyer in Hancock County and he said they had NO right to do that. Any Thoughts? The deputy was Jerry Fleming 128( very curt and rude with me from the start)
Lawman in MS

Springfield, MO

#828 Mar 1, 2012
RBA wrote:
My parents were long-time residents of Hancock County until their recent passing. Before their death my sister had lived with them, along with her kids. Now, we each own equal shares of the property and house. I went to the house the other day to collect a few things that we had divided and agreed were mine. She is living in the house...without my permission. Anyhow, she answered the door and let me in, along with my wife. Then she called the sheriffs office! They informed me that eventhough I had documentation I had to leave the property because she was the "resident." I have a lawyer in Hancock County and he said they had NO right to do that. Any Thoughts? The deputy was Jerry Fleming 128( very curt and rude with me from the start)
I feel bad for you but your lawyer is mistaken. The division of the property is a civil matter and you do have legal options to help you get what is rightfully yours.

In that situation the deputy could not assist you with that. If you had a court order from a judge who has jurisdiction in Hancock County, a deputy or constable would have been able to assist you with that.

At this point your sister does not need your permission to live there and if you go back to that residence you can be charged with "Disturbance of the Family" by your sister. In fact she has up to a year and a day to sign charges against you if you caused a disturbance the other day.

If the property in dispute is valued at $2,500 or less you can file with the Hancock County Justice Court and not need a lawyer.

If it is valued at more than that you will have to file with Chancery Court and you will need your attorney's assistance.

If your attorney told you the deputy had no right to do what he did then maybe you should consider getting an attorney with more knowlege of the criminal and civil laws in the State of MS.

I hope you sister will reconsider so y'all don't have to get entangled with the Court system.



ANON

Slidell, LA

#829 Mar 1, 2012
Lawman in MS wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel bad for you but your lawyer is mistaken. The division of the property is a civil matter and you do have legal options to help you get what is rightfully yours.
In that situation the deputy could not assist you with that. If you had a court order from a judge who has jurisdiction in Hancock County, a deputy or constable would have been able to assist you with that.
At this point your sister does not need your permission to live there and if you go back to that residence you can be charged with "Disturbance of the Family" by your sister. In fact she has up to a year and a day to sign charges against you if you caused a disturbance the other day.
If the property in dispute is valued at $2,500 or less you can file with the Hancock County Justice Court and not need a lawyer.
If it is valued at more than that you will have to file with Chancery Court and you will need your attorney's assistance.
If your attorney told you the deputy had no right to do what he did then maybe you should consider getting an attorney with more knowlege of the criminal and civil laws in the State of MS.
I hope you sister will reconsider so y'all don't have to get entangled with the Court system.
Thank you for your response but i still just don't get it. If we both own half of the property then why don't I have as much right to be there as she does!? She is there against my wishes and it seems to me if thats the case then I have as much right to be there against her wishes since neither of us own the property in full. If there is such a law allowing her to "SQUAT" on co-owned property it's ridiculous. She refuses to sign a sellers agreement too so it looks like this is going to court but it still infuriates me that I can't even step foot on property that I legally own an equal share of!
Landlord

Urbandale, IA

#830 Mar 1, 2012
If you own half the property then give her a demand letter to vacate the property. If she doesn't leave then you will go to justice court and file for eviction. When you go to court the judge will rule on whether she can stay or not. This whole process shouldn't cost you more than $100 dollars.

Was she living there prior to your family member's death? Either way I'd demand that she move.

Was there a will? If so have you been through the proper process.

If you need legal advice then I'd call Mike Haas. He is always professional and knows all of the players in the legal process.
Lawman in MS

Springfield, MO

#831 Mar 3, 2012
Dear RBA,

I was long winded in my first response to you and even though the answer to your second question is not difficult it would be even longer.

You might try to Google it, find a site in MS like an "Ask a Lawyer" type web page, actually contact a lawyer in MS-who knows the law or contact someone in the admin dept of that sheriff's office.

I wish you the best and hope you will come back to this forum to let us know how it turned out for you.
nick

United States

#832 Apr 8, 2012
Let's see where to start is there a good old boy.plenty first I seen a bpd beat the shit out of two drunks does he get fired no he gots the opition to quit with a clean record or fired with a mark.of course he apllies at s.o. then promoted to invesgative,so then I watched him stripped down a harley at his house that was reported stolen he then sold parts on ebay or crags list now correct if I wrong aren't evidence suppose to go straight to the so offfice not to your house.also stole a title done a really piss poor job of fake signature so I go to the s.o. office do think they let me press chargers no also against the law but hey the law only counts when they want it to,however they did at least take a reaport how nice of them and that they woul look into the matter ,oh and the lady at title office said it was so clear as soon as I press chargers dhe would give me the title right back,now nothing has. Been done but him getting booty on the clock at his other girlsfriends house but hey his a cop he desvers these tbings and yes theae are 100 perxwnt facts that's only the half stay tuned more to come his name richard (rick) fayard
Franlin

Urbandale, IA

#833 Apr 15, 2012
The problem isn't corruption. It is pay. We need to pay police more so we can keep the good ones.
well

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#834 Apr 25, 2012
nick wrote:
Let's see where to start is there a good old boy.plenty first I seen a bpd beat the shit out of two drunks does he get fired no he gots the opition to quit with a clean record or fired with a mark.of course he apllies at s.o. then promoted to invesgative,so then I watched him stripped down a harley at his house that was reported stolen he then sold parts on ebay or crags list now correct if I wrong aren't evidence suppose to go straight to the so offfice not to your house.also stole a title done a really piss poor job of fake signature so I go to the s.o. office do think they let me press chargers no also against the law but hey the law only counts when they want it to,however they did at least take a reaport how nice of them and that they woul look into the matter ,oh and the lady at title office said it was so clear as soon as I press chargers dhe would give me the title right back,now nothing has. Been done but him getting booty on the clock at his other girlsfriends house but hey his a cop he desvers these tbings and yes theae are 100 perxwnt facts that's only the half stay tuned more to come his name richard (rick) fayard
So what happened to all your "more to come" did someone shut you up?
whowouldhaveknow n

Terry, MS

#835 Feb 9, 2013
well they have a certain corrections officer katie zeorner that provides her dad mike zeorner with information about ronnie petterson jr the other peterson and the woman that was arrested with them on meth charges. Well officer katie zeorner sat in and heard her give up five names to lower this ladies bond. Well one of the names of the big bust was her father mike zeorner. Well hes still slinging pills out of his shop. In the whole while officer katies getting and taking pills. Thats how crooked hancock county is. In the whole while kenny stalter works for mike with warrants for his arrest and on probation. So can someone tell me wtf is up with that?
lakeshore lawyer

Terry, MS

#837 Feb 11, 2013
the curruption goes back a long way . Starting with ronnie pete . trying to fill beds at the old jail to get money from the state to fill his pockets . Planting drugs on hitch hikers . Even steve garber when no cop would arrest him for beating his wife . Good ole boy system at its finest . Now with ricky adam . Why are the same peeps in the arrest record every time u read it for meth ? its a never ending circle and its all about money . They let them out so they can pay fines . These peeps need rehab . They let them back on the streets to make more meth and keep busting them over and over . All they care about is headlines in the papers . That way they keep the money coming from the state and the taxpayers of this county . They prey on our ignorance . Likie i said before its a never ending circle . If you not part of the sollution your part of the problem . I never vote for a polliticion i vote against one .
Moron

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#838 Feb 12, 2013
You guys are a bunch of dumb asses
lakeshore lawyer

Terry, MS

#839 Feb 12, 2013
i guess i struck a nerve on you moron . I am only stating the facts of what i know . why do people paying fines pay double ? if they get a 1 thous dollar fine by a judge they have to pay marry beth a thousand ? can anyone answer that ? why did several people working at justice court resign or quit ? i think the state atrny should ask why also .
whowouldhaveknow n

Terry, MS

#842 Feb 16, 2013
n moron what would u know about being molested n raped as a child? u came out right moron. What do u know?
lakeshore lawyer

Terry, MS

#843 Mar 13, 2013
whowouldhaveknown wrote:
n moron what would u know about being molested n raped as a child? u came out right moron. What do u know?
i wonder where they find some of the depudies myself . I know for a fact i went to high shool with one that was in special ed. and they let him carry a gun !! i just want to know how somone mentaly challenged can make the rite choice if he has to pull a gun on someone . I am on your side . I guess anybody can be deputy in hancock county !
pretty23

United States

#846 May 8, 2013
Before Katrina they where definitely corrupt, now all i know are really good cops the bad ones left a long time ago.
Summer2012

Terry, MS

#847 Jul 1, 2013
"...the almighty hancock county swarmming beatdown." p. 30
just a thought

United States

#848 Jul 1, 2013
lakeshore lawyer wrote:
i guess i struck a nerve on you moron . I am only stating the facts of what i know . why do people paying fines pay double ? if they get a 1 thous dollar fine by a judge they have to pay marry beth a thousand ? can anyone answer that ? why did several people working at justice court resign or quit ? i think the state atrny should ask why also .
I was under the impression that Mary Beth's services were similar to a loan. If you have the money to pay the fine at court, you pay it and its done. If not, she basically loans you the money with a high , very high, percentage rate so you can, well, stay out of jail. If that's the case it kind of goes back to the "don't do the crime if you can't do the time (or in this case, pay the fine" spill. I could be absolutely wrong, like I said its just my understanding so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drinking Water (Jun '06) 11 hr BSL visitor 14
News Red, White & You! Prepare for Waveland's Patrio... 18 hr downsouth 2
News Ocean Springs ranked among state's best places ... Sun Waveland Resident 1
News Waveland Pier Open, Police Dept. Tabled Sun Waveland Resident 1
News Pirate Day in the Bay gets under way Jun 27 R Ramsey 2
News Council eyes Bay harbor break Jun 27 OVERWORKED no raise 1
News BWSD will seek AG opinion on funding safety pro... Jun 11 just saying 1
More from around the web

Waveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages