Mississippi judge jails attorney for ...

Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance

There are 2024 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciting Pledge of Allegiance. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A Mississippi judge jailed a lawyer for several hours for refusing to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, ordering the attorney to "purge himself" of contempt by standing and repeating the oath like the rest of the courtroom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

sue

Corinth, MS

#2281 Aug 10, 2014
Good
Outsider

Kelowna, Canada

#2282 Aug 11, 2014
It is sad to think that people will just give up. This very country was founded on:
pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.
just for the ones that don't know it

And now when things don't go their way they just choose to drop the very core values instead of fight for them.
Vote

Tupelo, MS

#2283 Aug 11, 2014
Outsider wrote:
It is sad to think that people will just give up. This very country was founded on:
pledge Allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with Liberty and Justice for all.
just for the ones that don't know it
And now when things don't go their way they just choose to drop the very core values instead of fight for them.
Nope the country was not founded on the pledge. An god was added to the pledge in the 1950's
You need to read the federalist papers and learn history.
fyi Jackson Mississipi

Toronto, Canada

#2286 Aug 25, 2014
MrPeabody

Cedartown, GA

#2288 Oct 1, 2014
I would never say the pledge.I would be happy to recite the pledge in it's original format.
I pledge allegiance to my flag,and to the Republic for which it stands
one nation-indivisible-with Liberty and justice for ALL.

This pledge included each and every one in this great nation.It is always the Christian movement who seek to divide by adding the word God on everything we touch.I am happy to stand along side of any Christian and fight for both our rights and to defend this country but if you want respect you have to give it first.
Also the right motto for our money would be "United We Stand".That also includes everyone.

Since: Oct 14

Columbus

#2290 Oct 4, 2014
Isn't Littlejohn up for reelection this year? Seems like this was a dumb move on his part, but if he keeps getting reelected then it means some people think he's doing good overall.
Fawn

Tupelo, MS

#2291 Oct 5, 2014
Adam Fire Ant wrote:
Isn't Littlejohn up for reelection this year? Seems like this was a dumb move on his part, but if he keeps getting reelected then it means some people think he's doing good overall.
Most people do not vote and if they do they do not write in a better candidate. He wins by default of the system to get on the ballot not because he does a good job. It is the way the power structure controls the ignorant voter. The citizen does not take the responsibility.
Geoscientist

Lexington, KY

#2292 Oct 20, 2014
Vote wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope the country was not founded on the pledge. An god was added to the pledge in the 1950's
You need to read the federalist papers and learn history.
You're assuming that he has the capability to understand The Federalist Papers, and that is a mighty big assumption considering his last post.
rooster

Cleveland, MS

#2293 Dec 22, 2014
There are a lot of places that I consider better places to live than America. There are also a lot of places that are worse. "Freedom of relegion" serves a great purpose. It's all good when you're particular sect or denomination, but what if your group changes their views? We can see what happens by looking at Islamic Republics where different sects of muslims fight over differences. That being said, judges have too much power and are one of our greatest imbalances. They are human just like everyone else and prone to be tainted. I am a God fearing Christian and I want to be able to express that as I like. To ensure this, all relegion must be able to do so. One might wish to change views in the future and this freedom of relegious expression allows for it. Some judge caught up in himself should not interfere with these rights.
Quit

Tupelo, MS

#2294 Dec 22, 2014
The funny part, are rights are given and enforced by government.
You can not have one size fits all and have beliefs in public.
OPERATION GREYLORD

Bradenton, FL

#2295 Jan 30, 2015
No country wrote:
<quoted text>
Men have died because government lied to them. You have no freedom when every move is recorded by Government and every move you make has a rule to it. Try being free and getting on a plane, you are a common criminal.
JOHN BOEHNER , Jon Pollard , robert Hanssen , julius rosenberg , mitchell mann , felix bloch , Pam Geller , Larry Silverstein , irv Silverstein , mark ciavarella and the zionist fifth column of FOGEL IN A BLANKET bow to the blue star of treason.
judges in the bag

Bradenton, FL

#2296 Jan 30, 2015
rooster wrote:
There are a lot of places that I consider better places to live than America. There are also a lot of places that are worse. "Freedom of relegion" serves a great purpose. It's all good when you're particular sect or denomination, but what if your group changes their views? We can see what happens by looking at Islamic Republics where different sects of muslims fight over differences. That being said, judges have too much power and are one of our greatest imbalances. They are human just like everyone else and prone to be tainted. I am a God fearing Christian and I want to be able to express that as I like. To ensure this, all relegion must be able to do so. One might wish to change views in the future and this freedom of relegious expression allows for it. Some judge caught up in himself should not interfere with these rights.
governors RICK SCOTT , Rick Perry , Andrew Cuomo and BOBBY Ziotard JINDAL applaud the cowardly izraeli attacks on the USS LIBERTY , WTC , Lockerbie and the Beirut Marine Barracks , zionist false flag operations..........see LBJ AND BEN GURION KILT JFK by Bill Rapfogel , Judas Fogel and The Jon Pollard Clones of JINSA.
Edward

Tupelo, MS

#2297 Jan 30, 2015
Without the Jews handling the government money the U.S. would be bankrupt. The county survives on faith in the dollar not on religion or hate.
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2299 Mar 11, 2015
I just
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2300 Mar 11, 2015
wanted to be
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2301 Mar 11, 2015
the one to
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2302 Mar 11, 2015
post the 2000th
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2303 Mar 11, 2015
comment
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2304 Mar 11, 2015
on this totally worthless thread.
Jerry

Ocean Springs, MS

#2305 Mar 11, 2015
An' ah jus dun it. Heh, heh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiln Music Selection (Aug '12) 4 hr Musikologist 13
Hit and Run Aug 23 cpel 1
Snitches 607 cutaway Aug 23 stephi35 4
sugar daddy (Jun '12) Aug 23 stephi35 4
fkbuddysonly Aug 14 longdong 1
News One dead, two hospitilized after car hits house... Aug 12 Second admendent 3
Review: Deano Elise Epperson Aug 9 msgrl 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages