Diamondhead council defends hiring chief

Diamondhead council defends hiring chief

There are 2 comments on the seacoastecho.com story from Mar 19, 2013, titled Diamondhead council defends hiring chief. In it, seacoastecho.com reports that:

After recent criticism over the hiring of new police Chief Alan Weatherford, Diamondhead leaders on Monday defended the move at the city council meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at seacoastecho.com.

J N F

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Do not see eye to eye with the hiring method that was conducted in the hiring of the new chief of police. WE (City of Diamondhead), have the available personnel that are just as capable to perform these duties. What process did the city use to acquire or employ the chief of police and other personnel? Was this job advertised utilizing the local news paper? How much money are WE going to squander on gas and maintenance (cars) for officers that reside outside the county? Same goes with the city officials. I would like to see personnel that live in the City of Diamondhead, personnel would have more pride and ownership of their city.
yuppers

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#2 Mar 22, 2013
I guess the city manger gets what he wants, slap in the face to Big Al who for years kept up safe, now they bring in an outsider to be chief. Does he even live in Diamondhead?. There are other cops in the county that are qualified to be chief why didn't they interview some. WHY??? look who the jerk is who is manger
J N F wrote:
Do not see eye to eye with the hiring method that was conducted in the hiring of the new chief of police. WE (City of Diamondhead), have the available personnel that are just as capable to perform these duties. What process did the city use to acquire or employ the chief of police and other personnel? Was this job advertised utilizing the local news paper? How much money are WE going to squander on gas and maintenance (cars) for officers that reside outside the county? Same goes with the city officials. I would like to see personnel that live in the City of Diamondhead, personnel would have more pride and ownership of their city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ocean Springs ranked among state's best places ... 2 hr Waveland Resident 1
News Waveland Pier Open, Police Dept. Tabled 2 hr Waveland Resident 1
News Red, White & You! Prepare for Waveland's Patrio... 2 hr Waveland Resident 1
News Pirate Day in the Bay gets under way Jun 27 R Ramsey 2
News Council eyes Bay harbor break Jun 27 OVERWORKED no raise 1
News BWSD will seek AG opinion on funding safety pro... Jun 11 just saying 1
Cable Jun 11 A little Older 3
More from around the web

Waveland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages