Shoe thefts puzzle small town

Shoe thefts puzzle small town

There are 21 comments on the WLFI Lafayette story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Shoe thefts puzzle small town. In it, WLFI Lafayette reports that:

A rash of thefts puzzles the small Montgomery County community of Waveland. "I came out one day and the shoe was gone," said Angie Jeffers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLFI Lafayette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Leon

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Aug 26, 2008
Too Funny!!!!
Chris

Mishawaka, IN

#2 Aug 26, 2008
Thanks Sue cute story, it made me smile. Reminds me of my pups!
Pancakes

AOL

#3 Aug 26, 2008
Hilarious! The folks at the fire department must be feeding him and that is why he takes the shoes that-a-way.
Dee

Winamac, IN

#4 Aug 27, 2008
That is the cutest story I have ever read!! The town should name him Klepto....
NEindy

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Aug 27, 2008
My mom and dad had a "dog bandit" in their neighborhood. No one could figure out who was taking things. The bandit would take cell phones, bowls, balls, cups, whatever she could find. They found everything stashed in her doghouse. Very funny and all the neighbors had a good laugh about the whole thing.
Bec

Ingalls, IN

#6 Aug 27, 2008
That is a beagle for you...they love to take things and "hide" them. Hope someone is taking "care" of him.
melinda

United States

#7 Aug 27, 2008
I wish for more news stories like this one. He sounds like a very cute dog.
Dawn

Monon, IN

#8 Aug 27, 2008
If you are looking for any of your footwear go to the fire station it may be there. I loved the story and it made be laugh just what i needed today.
Margie

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 27, 2008
This may explain why one often sees a shoe in the middle of the street!
who cares

Cardington, OH

#10 Aug 27, 2008
That's some funny stuff.
Karen Mc

Merrillville, IN

#12 Aug 27, 2008
It;s nice to see funny stories sometimes in the midst of all the gloom. Thanks.
Tweek

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Aug 27, 2008
You've got to be kidding me this made the news. Murders in the streets, cops raping women, cops crashing squads and lying, cops sselling drugs, 760 million for a stadium yet little going to crime and this is news??????????

Just like city government, channel 8 can't get their priorities straight.
Geist HomeOwner

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Aug 27, 2008
Why don't you hill-jacks try putting your shoes in your closet like normal people? It is very tacky to leave your shoes outside for everyone to see. You people need to clean up your laws and yards anyway, and what better place to start. If you didn't leave things laying out like trash it wouldn't get stolen by a mongreal dog.
Steven

Arcadia, IN

#15 Aug 27, 2008
Maybe the reason us "Hill Jacks" leave our shoes outside is because we've been working on your landscaping, building your swimming pool or adding on to your million dollar home and we don't want to drag the mud into our homes! Ever think of that???
Right on Geist

Chicago, IL

#16 Aug 27, 2008
Everybody clean up your laws!
BTW, what is a mongreal? We all know what a mongrel is. A mongreal must be a cross-breed between Mr. Geist and the beagle.
judgemental

Woodridge, IL

#17 Aug 27, 2008
Tweek wrote:
You've got to be kidding me this made the news. Murders in the streets, cops raping women, cops crashing squads and lying, cops sselling drugs, 760 million for a stadium yet little going to crime and this is news??????????
Just like city government, channel 8 can't get their priorities straight.
we would much rather hear about your busy life!!!
Thanks for this

Ashland, MO

#19 Aug 28, 2008
I live in Milwaukee, our news is nothing more than murder and weather. Thanks for this story, its nice to see some small towns are still just small towns.
edith ann esbensen

United States

#20 Aug 28, 2008
charming a relief from the daily histrionics.
fort wayne sucks

Dickinson, TX

#21 Aug 28, 2008
you all need to S&&# my C#I#I....

you are all stupid hillbillies
luvthenews

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Aug 29, 2008
yo fws....you need anger management, find what crawled up you and get rid of it. It isn't good to be so angry. Oh, and if you don't like the city you are in...move! Bet you won't find anywhere you will like with your negative attitude.

Anyway, loved the story. It was cute and so what if it wasn't negative...we all need a laugh in today's world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arrested for theft Oct 16 Above you 1
Sovayda Vasquez at iwp Oct 15 Emily 2
Rebecca bacon??? Oct 13 Burgblaz05 1
Sovayda Vasquez Oct 8 Catherine 1
News Weird 17 mins ago 4:40 p.m.Caught on Camera: Co... Oct 6 anon 3
News Correctional officer arrested for aiding in pri... (Aug '08) Oct 4 Cassidy 292
News Indiana High School Football - Rockville edged ... (Nov '06) Oct 1 Brian 7

Waveland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages