Spitler reacts to Pender's arrest

Spitler reacts to Pender's arrest

There are 171 comments on the WTHI Terre Haute story from Jan 13, 2009, titled Spitler reacts to Pender's arrest. In it, WTHI Terre Haute reports that:

Scott Spitler Sr. was arrested in August for his involvement in the escape of convicted murderer Sarah Pender.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTHI Terre Haute.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
The niece

Rossiter, PA

#1 Jan 13, 2009
Of course Scott is sorry, he really is a good guy that got mixed up in some bad stuff. I am sure he is was not the only one involved.....it just sucks that he is the only employee that is going down. I am not saying that all Correctional Officers are bad, becasue they are not at all. It is a job I would not want to do, so thank you to all that do their job well. What I am saying is that there are a lot of prison employees that are guilty of some of the things Scott is being charged for, (minus the break out). As being a part of his real family, we stand behind him and love him no matter what he has done. I am not writing this to bash anyone, that is not what I want to do, I just wanted to put it out there.
gamer

United States

#2 Jan 13, 2009
As for his few words to family:a little too little,a little too late!
wizard

Crawfordsville, IN

#3 Jan 13, 2009
I only pray that his sentence is comensurate of the 7 year sentence the driver got who drove her away. It would be totally unfair and unethical if he receiced a lighter sentence for actually committing more of a crime. God bless to both families
Computer

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Jan 13, 2009
Really your going to put that in writing...thats a dumb ass move. Maybe you do deserve to be locked up for awhile.
those interested

Mecca, IN

#7 Jan 13, 2009
you guys really believe thats him??? think about it if he truely was on a computer owned by a state facility it wouldn't come as Terre Haute, IN as the IP. But it does make for fun reading.
mac

United States

#8 Jan 13, 2009
all i have to say is i love him alot and i no he loves his family and do u all really think its him i love u and u will always have a place in my heart and u will all ways be my dad in away
The Daughter

Crawfordsville, IN

#9 Jan 13, 2009
Come on people. That isn't really him. He doesn't have a computer in jail. It's just some guy that thinks he is funny. Besides, my father doesn't talk like that.
Confused

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jan 14, 2009
This is just crazy. Why would anybody risk going to prison over anybody unless it was over someone hurting your child or one of your family members. He was wrong for what he did, anybody involved is. I don't think there should be any male guards in a women's prison or women guards in a man's prison something is going to happen. He may of been a nice guy but wrong is wrong.
wizard

Crawfordsville, IN

#12 Jan 14, 2009
sorry wrote:
Love is blind. after awhile of being around someone we learnto overlook their mistakes and accept them fo rwho we think they are. I think he let his work mix with his life too much. Alot of the guards befriend inmates and try to help them out. I don't agree with what he done but I see where it could happen. As far as the driver goes, she probably wanted to go back since she liked licking crouch so now she has a big market.
If you knew the facts about the driver, she had never been in prison with Sarah Pender. The media played it off that way because it made a good story. The driver is married and has a 13 year old son who love her very much. She screwed up trying to help what she thought was a friend and now her whole family is suffering. Did she do wrong? Yes? She stepped up to the plate and pled guilty after the prosecutor and her own PD lied to her and told her she would get a plea deal, which she did not, and was senrenced by a biased judge to seven years. Let's see how tough the judge is on the man who planned the whole thing, set it up, and got Sarah out of the confines of prison. How do I know these things, because I am married to the driver of that car, Jamie Long, and am proud to be.
a mommy

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2009
wizard wrote:
<quoted text> If you knew the facts about the driver, she had never been in prison with Sarah Pender. The media played it off that way because it made a good story. The driver is married and has a 13 year old son who love her very much. She screwed up trying to help what she thought was a friend and now her whole family is suffering. Did she do wrong? Yes? She stepped up to the plate and pled guilty after the prosecutor and her own PD lied to her and told her she would get a plea deal, which she did not, and was senrenced by a biased judge to seven years. Let's see how tough the judge is on the man who planned the whole thing, set it up, and got Sarah out of the confines of prison. How do I know these things, because I am married to the driver of that car, Jamie Long, and am proud to be.
good for you to stand up for your wife in a situation that you know was just a bad choice on behalf of a few people and now the consequences are effecting many...good luck to you and your family....
Mike

Canal Winchester, OH

#14 Jan 14, 2009
Why did WTHI even have this article on their website?

The entire article was based on he nodded when asked if he was sorry, and said to his family "I love you".

That was the only thing new in the entire article? They didn't even mention why he was in court, and where he spoke at.

Some substandard reporting in my opinion.
Carin

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Did you see Jamie Long on the news last night comming out of the Courthouse cussing and pushing the camera....real charming piece of work....she knew exactly what she was doing when she gave Sarah a ride....dumb---
wizard

Crawfordsville, IN

#17 Jan 14, 2009
Carin wrote:
Did you see Jamie Long on the news last night comming out of the Courthouse cussing and pushing the camera....real charming piece of work....she knew exactly what she was doing when she gave Sarah a ride....dumb---
My wife made a mistake and if you had a camera shoved in tour face you'd probably react the same way. Yes, she knew what she was doing and stepped up to the plate to accept her punishment. You know nothing abou my wife so keep your insults limited to your wife or significant other. She is not proud bout what she did and as a family, we will make it through this. At least she didn't drag it out in court at the taxpayers expense. Our 13 year old son and I know what she has done and the price she must pay. Let's see if justice is fair and equal. Have a wonderful day.
YEP

Altoona, PA

#18 Jan 14, 2009
Mike wrote:
Why did WTHI even have this article on their website?
The entire article was based on he nodded when asked if he was sorry, and said to his family "I love you".
That was the only thing new in the entire article? They didn't even mention why he was in court, and where he spoke at.
Some substandard reporting in my opinion.
I agree with you, they previewed the report as being "exclusively what Spitler had to say"...he said about what 5 or 6 words. They made it sound like it was gonna be a complete interview with him. Totally, totally misleading!!!
Carin

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jan 14, 2009
wizard wrote:
<quoted text>My wife made a mistake and if you had a camera shoved in tour face you'd probably react the same way. Yes, she knew what she was doing and stepped up to the plate to accept her punishment. You know nothing abou my wife so keep your insults limited to your wife or significant other. She is not proud bout what she did and as a family, we will make it through this. At least she didn't drag it out in court at the taxpayers expense. Our 13 year old son and I know what she has done and the price she must pay. Let's see if justice is fair and equal. Have a wonderful day.
I would want the public to see that I was a decent person (if she in fact is) not act like she did on live TV. Wasn't pretty and makes people think of her as a rude foul mouthed person. Does she talk that way in front of her 13 year old son?
wizard

Crawfordsville, IN

#22 Jan 14, 2009
Carin wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. I don't do nose candy or any other drugs, and I can stay on the computer as long as I want. You on the other hand may leave since your such a hot head. temper temper temper
Not angry, Bone density scan at IU med center. I'm back, but I have to leave to get my son shortly from school, that is if its all right with you. My wife was angry, angry at herself and the reporters who wouldn't leave her alone, the reporters who put our home on national television when Sarah has never been there, angry at people with simple minds who only believe what they hear and don't bother to check out all the facts. She is a Good woman, no she doesn't like that around me or my son, only idiots who understad nothing else when you ask them to leave you alone. I never accuse you of being or doing anything, so don't lay that one on me. If I had anything to say to you I would much rather do it face to face. My wife made a terrible mistake and she is paying for it without whining about it. Her faminly will be there for her when she needs us, Why can't you accrpt that fact and move on. Have you no one in your life that cares that much about you? I pray that you do have and that they never do anything wrong for I would wonder if you be there for them.
jaime

Indianapolis, IN

#24 Jan 14, 2009
Dennis wrote:
I watched it on the news last night and I didn't see none of that out of Jamie Long. CARIN it's idiots like you that just try starting trouble. You need to go back to doing your nose candy and stay off the computer. Your a complete idiot.
Actually Dennis, it's idiots like you that defend the idiots that let a convicted felon out of jail that are the problem in this world. Accountability, responsiblity, morals...ring any bells with you...didn't think so...
Carin

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Jan 14, 2009
jaime wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Dennis, it's idiots like you that defend the idiots that let a convicted felon out of jail that are the problem in this world. Accountability, responsiblity, morals...ring any bells with you...didn't think so...
Good one!
wizard

Crawfordsville, IN

#27 Jan 14, 2009
Get the Facts right Buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott has never been in big trouble and had to go to prison before, She on the other hand had been in prison and she says it on Americas Most Wanted that Sara is her "Wife" and she said, " Run Sara Run" and "P**** makes the world go round" Don't tell us that she wasn't in prison with Sara, there are pictures of them together in prison.
MY WIFE has never been in prison with Sarah Pender.Those pictures were taken on visits by the prison photographer in the visiting room.. If you only knew half of the real story, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. Over half of What AMW said about Jamie is false and our lawsuit should clarify that. I have known Jamie for 20 years ans been married to her almost 14 of them. Don't judge her on a pre set up interview or the lies release by whoever just to make a good story. Soon the whole truth will come ou and the world will know
Get the Facts right Buddy

Punxsutawney, PA

#28 Jan 14, 2009
wizard wrote:
<quoted text> MY WIFE has never been in prison with Sarah Pender.Those pictures were taken on visits by the prison photographer in the visiting room.. If you only knew half of the real story, you wouldn't be so quick to judge. Over half of What AMW said about Jamie is false and our lawsuit should clarify that. I have known Jamie for 20 years ans been married to her almost 14 of them. Don't judge her on a pre set up interview or the lies release by whoever just to make a good story. Soon the whole truth will come ou and the world will know
Why does she call her her "WIFE"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waveland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Sat Al Bion 38
hollandsburg murders (May '06) Jun 21 Former Rockville ... 458
corrupt rockville correctional facility (Sep '12) Jun 17 Kimberly 152
Rockville Pool Jun 17 Sherri 3
Gays for Donald Trump Jun 14 Gays for Donald T... 1
G&M Variety Jun 12 Guest 2
hancock county utilities dept. may be going broke (Oct '14) Oct '14 jasmine 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waveland Mortgages