Fatal Car Crash Kills One and Traps S...

Fatal Car Crash Kills One and Traps Several

There are 13 comments on the WYOW-TV Eagle River story from Mar 18, 2007, titled Fatal Car Crash Kills One and Traps Several. In it, WYOW-TV Eagle River reports that:

An 18-year-old woman is dead following a head-on collision, that's according to the Waupaca County Sheriff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYOW-TV Eagle River.

Erica Haffner

New London, WI

#1 Mar 19, 2007
I know alot about what happend and were the party was and who threw it ther is alot of young kids dieying from drinking and driving i really feel sorry for them all but our county really needs to work on this i have lost 5 friends since i moved from ohio and ive only been her 6 years plz try to fix this anything will help have shows at the rec senter for young kids like about drinking and driving or drugs or underage sex we need to help this county beacause it getting bad with drugs drinking, and under age sex,and pregnancys please im asking you do something. Thank you
crystal leopold

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2007
nicole nehring was only 18 years old and planning on graduating , she was really close to my friends and family she was my sister natasha leopolds bestfriend and natasha had begged her not leave there house(nicole lived with natasha) alcohal is not something teens and minors should be experimenting with if they are deciding to be behind the weel because they will act stupid and not listen to what there told nicole was a great person the day you meet her you get attached to her she didnt deserve this and noone does , thats why we should all learn from her mistakes. she could be in collage next year but instead she s gonna be 6 ft under only carried on through our memories ilove nicole with all my heart i wont forget her and i wont forget to learn from her mistakes rock on forever nicole and rest in peace, for any questions about her and her before the accident email me at [email protected]/messanger
crystal leopold

United States

#3 Mar 19, 2007
nicole
you were one of the best friends a person could ever have. i promise you i wont drink and drive. i would do anything for another day with you. for all you ve done for everyone we are all thankful. you meen so much to me and natasha, and tiffany.dont forget me and i wont forget about you cause thats impossible i love you to much. youare my sister 4everand 420 and 4 life
love ya homegurl and sister crystal
A mother in Waupaca

New London, WI

#4 Mar 19, 2007
Erica Haffner wrote:
I know alot about what happend and were the party was and who threw it ther is alot of young kids dieying from drinking and driving i really feel sorry for them all but our county really needs to work on this i have lost 5 friends since i moved from ohio and ive only been her 6 years plz try to fix this anything will help have shows at the rec senter for young kids like about drinking and driving or drugs or underage sex we need to help this county beacause it getting bad with drugs drinking, and under age sex,and pregnancys please im asking you do something. Thank you
It is always sad to loose a friend, especially so young. However, I agree with this girls statement. Something needs to be done about it. How about this: Parent's STOP letting your kids have drinking parties at your house!! Liqour stores STOP selling to minors!!! And adults who are buying the liqour for our CHILDREN...STOP!!! All you are doing is killing our youth, killing our future. I have raised two step daughters, and they have lost several friends to drinking and driving whether they died or are now imprisoned for killing someone else while drinking and driving. And I am sure this child was a beautiful person, but lets not glorify them for their mistakes. They are not marters for loosing their life committing a possible felony. It is a sad unfortunate event, that unfortunately for this girls family (her little sister, her parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins) who loved her more than life...she didn't think of them when she decided to go out drinking, and she wasn't thinking of them or her friends when she got behind that wheel drunk and decided to get on the road. And lets not forget the people in the other vehicle... what if she had killed not only herself but the others that were with her or the other drivers on the road. It was selfish and self centered.. just looking for a quick fix a good high, a good drunk, she wasn't thinking of the love she had for her family, her friends or the love they had for her.
Someone

Fond Du Lac, WI

#5 Mar 20, 2007
Yes its wrong for kids to be drinking and driving and it is also wrong for parents to allow parties at their house. But the parents should take the keys away, or the person throwing the party should take the keys away. Its not the drivers fault really if you think about it, if their at a party with a bunch of their friends and they get drunk and one of their friends lets them drive home drunk, its just as much their fault as it is the drivers. Nicole was smarter than that, but she was going through a really rough time, she shouldn't have drove if she was drunk or whatever but she did. When you are depressed or hurt or just going through a rough time, you'll do anything to get rid of the pain. I understand what peopel say about the drinking and driving, I lost my big brother in September I know what its like to lose somebody you really love. But by fighting and all this crap, it just makes it worse. So just shut up and stop bitching..Thank you
kelly peterson

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2007
Someone wrote:
Yes its wrong for kids to be drinking and driving and it is also wrong for parents to allow parties at their house. But the parents should take the keys away, or the person throwing the party should take the keys away. Its not the drivers fault really if you think about it, if their at a party with a bunch of their friends and they get drunk and one of their friends lets them drive home drunk, its just as much their fault as it is the drivers. Nicole was smarter than that, but she was going through a really rough time, she shouldn't have drove if she was drunk or whatever but she did. When you are depressed or hurt or just going through a rough time, you'll do anything to get rid of the pain. I understand what peopel say about the drinking and driving, I lost my big brother in September I know what its like to lose somebody you really love. But by fighting and all this crap, it just makes it worse. So just shut up and stop bitching..Thank you
someone in king you are not very smart about drinking and driving you need to do alittle more research,everyone needs to think about all these people that were involved and their poor families.
Someone

Fond Du Lac, WI

#7 Mar 21, 2007
someone in king you are not very smart about drinking and driving you need to do alittle more research,everyone needs to think about all these people that were involved and their poor families.

Actually I do know alot..My brother died because of drinking and driving..I know how much it hurts when you lose someone you love in a car accident. I know what that pain feels like. Its nothing I would ever want anybody to go through. And theres alot of things that haven't been answered about Nicoles accident or my brothers. We don't know what really happend and we prolly never will..Which sucks because sometimes all you need to kinda move on is answers..But you'll prolly never get them. So before you tell me to go and do some more research on drinking and driving..how bout you go through what i went through in Septemeber and then tell me to do more research..you have no idea what i went through or what really happend to nicole so why don't you just shut your mouth.
Ashlee

Fond Du Lac, WI

#8 Mar 21, 2007
Someone wrote:
Yes its wrong for kids to be drinking and driving and it is also wrong for parents to allow parties at their house. But the parents should take the keys away, or the person throwing the party should take the keys away. Its not the drivers fault really if you think about it, if their at a party with a bunch of their friends and they get drunk and one of their friends lets them drive home drunk, its just as much their fault as it is the drivers. Nicole was smarter than that, but she was going through a really rough time, she shouldn't have drove if she was drunk or whatever but she did. When you are depressed or hurt or just going through a rough time, you'll do anything to get rid of the pain. I understand what peopel say about the drinking and driving, I lost my big brother in September I know what its like to lose somebody you really love. But by fighting and all this crap, it just makes it worse. So just shut up and stop bitching..Thank you
I do agree but I also disagree..people aren't always smart enought to take peoples keys away. And we are teenagers we don't really think before we do, we just enjoy what we're doing and really don't care. I didn't know Nicole but obviously alot of people are hurt and trying to find answeres that they will prolly never get i'm sorry for your lose
A girl

New Auburn, WI

#9 Mar 21, 2007
I just wanted to say to all family and friends of Nicole that i'm sorry for the loss. By the sounds of it she was a very special person to so many people. I myself have dealt with someone being killed from a drunk driver, as hard as it is to go through and deal with, somewhere down the line things get easier.There's nothing to really explain why any three of the teens got in the car that night. I kind of know one of them and i know they're in a lot of pain from nicole's death and their own. All i can say for those who are mourning over nicole, it will get easier with time.
Anonymous

Auburn Hills, MI

#10 Mar 21, 2007
Please pray for the gentleman that was in the other vehicle. He is fighting very hard to stay alive. Also pray for the family that sits at his bedside.

Thank you.
Laurel Geyer

New London, WI

#11 Mar 23, 2007
crystal leopold wrote:
nicole
you were one of the best friends a person could ever have. i promise you i wont drink and drive. i would do anything for another day with you. for all you ve done for everyone we are all thankful. you meen so much to me and natasha, and tiffany.dont forget me and i wont forget about you cause thats impossible i love you to much. youare my sister 4everand 420 and 4 life
love ya homegurl and sister crystal
Crystal, I hope you keep that very important promise. I know the other driver. We had been playing music in New London on both Friday for the Ceili and on Saturday till he left for home. He is an amazing fiddler and his friends and family love him so much! It breaks my heart to think of him still in intensive care all busted up and in pain. He was smart enough not to drink and drive that night, but he almost died anyways. His family is at his bedside, shattered emotionally, and we, his friends can't even visit him yet, his injuries are so severe. I only hope that some lessons were learned and that the future can be different. If you never drive drunk again, it would be a good thing.
Laurel Geyer

New London, WI

#12 Mar 23, 2007
Ijust wrote my comment. I am from Ogdensburg, not Dale
Anonymous

Auburn Hills, MI

#13 Mar 23, 2007
Thank you Laurel for also mentioning the other driver in this incident. Their are two families in grief, not just one. Prayers for both families would be the most appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waupaca Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Landing strip any good? Aug 15 Courtney 2
Trump and the National Debt Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Sanders misreads the Scandinavian model (Feb '16) Feb '16 Lizzy In Texas 1
News Design: Made in Scandinavia (Aug '14) Oct '15 Anna Grace 120
News Donated vehicle program gives cars to people in... (Mar '09) Aug '15 drwilli0200 72
Review: Perfect Pitch Seamless Gutters LLC (Mar '14) Jul '15 Matt 2
News Waupaca County Accidents Claim Two Lives (Oct '06) Jul '15 jamieweed06 14

Waupaca Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waupaca Mortgages