Wisconsin Supreme Court recount gives...

Wisconsin Supreme Court recount gives Prosser election victory

There are 69 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 20, 2011, titled Wisconsin Supreme Court recount gives Prosser election victory. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Justice David Prosser speaks to supporters in April in Waukesha Wis. After a recount, he has been declared winner of a state Supreme Court seat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 20, 2011
Cue whiny, thumbsucking liberal outrage in 3... 2... 1...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Public owned

Waunakee, WI

#2 May 20, 2011
Finally. RIP for all the contentiousness. In any process, some win, some loose. Quite a few have lost in years past on both sides.

How about finally getting down to work and doing the will of the voting public, and representing those who elected you, rather than bickering with each other and wasting our valuable time and tax money with recounts, challenges, and all sorts of posturing.

Let's see some cooperation and finally get some needed work accomplished.
left right left

Minneapolis, MN

#3 May 20, 2011
LeDumbo wept.
Matt

United States

#4 May 20, 2011
The dem way, vote often, vote early, and if that doesn't work, recount, recount, recount, until you achieve the desired result.
Mike

Winona, MN

#5 May 20, 2011
Really?, that's what you take from this debacle. How about an election clerk who was so incompetent that it took this circus to sort it out. So, how many Republican's support having the clerk responsible for this show fired?. None? Because she is a Republican? I thought so. If she had been a Democrat the Hugh and Cry from the right would have broken the clouds.
facts only

Eau Claire, WI

#6 May 20, 2011
You sir are a dolt
Mike wrote:
Really?, that's what you take from this debacle. How about an election clerk who was so incompetent that it took this circus to sort it out. So, how many Republican's support having the clerk responsible for this show fired?. None? Because she is a Republican? I thought so. If she had been a Democrat the Hugh and Cry from the right would have broken the clouds.

“"Molon Labe"”

Since: Oct 09

North Afghanistan

#7 May 20, 2011
This will not make the unions happy.....

PARTY AT MY PLACE!
SGT TACKLEBERRY

Minneapolis, MN

#8 May 20, 2011
Hard core party members on both sides are responsible for this bickering. And the press loves it because it stirs up resentment and anger amongst many who dont realize that the system as it is now does not represent the populace but does what those few party activists want. Ethics are gone and probably wont be back in the life of this form of government rule. We are not a free people and have not been for about 40 years, ever sense they took our privacy away and banished free speech under threat of making a "making a terroristic threat or hate crime." The thought police. Are you afraid yet? You should be.
Lucille

Minneapolis, MN

#9 May 20, 2011
Something is very fishy about a 7,00 vote difference between the original count and the recount, no matter which candidate you supported. We need to have procedures in place that make the public confident that voting tallies are accurate.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#10 May 20, 2011
Mike wrote:
We need a Sour Grapes option in Judge: First, Kathi Nickolaus is the Waukesha County Clerk. She's elected, dummy! Second: The recount's over! DiAnne Floppenboobs lost! We already know she's a poor sport. I guess the only question to be answered is how many more taxpayer dollars will she have wasted because she can't bring herseld to acknowledge that SHE LOST!!!
Lucille

Minneapolis, MN

#11 May 20, 2011
Matt wrote:
The dem way, vote often, vote early, and if that doesn't work, recount, recount, recount, until you achieve the desired result.
As I recall, in Minnesota, it was the Republicans who whined and insisted on recounts.
Do you recall the Franken and Dayton elections? Quite being such a hypocrite.
Lucille

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 20, 2011
Lucille wrote:
Something is very fishy about a 7,00 vote difference between the original count and the recount, no matter which candidate you supported. We need to have procedures in place that make the public confident that voting tallies are accurate.
7,000 votes
Dingus Magee

Delano, MN

#13 May 20, 2011
Lucille wrote:
<quoted text>
As I recall, in Minnesota, it was the Republicans who whined and insisted on recounts.
Do you recall the Franken and Dayton elections? Quite being such a hypocrite.
You picked a fine time to forget how to spell Lucille.......... QUITE?
Just the facts

Farmington, MN

#14 May 20, 2011
Lucille wrote:
The difference between the election night results and the recount as reported is only a couple of hundred - the 7,000 vote difference is between the winner and the loser.
Just the facts

Farmington, MN

#15 May 20, 2011
If you think about it - 300 vote difference out of 1.5 million votes tells me their system is pretty accurate. Especially when you factor in they also threw out some votes during the recount.
UGH

Amman, Jordan

#16 May 20, 2011
You lost Kloppenburg. You knew you had no chance by asking for a recount, but you dragged the state through it anyway. It is not time to show a little dignity and class and let the matter end.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#17 May 20, 2011
UGH wrote:
You lost Kloppenburg. You knew you had no chance by asking for a recount, but you dragged the state through it anyway. It is not time to show a little dignity and class and let the matter end.
Some time back I publicly prayed that either Kloppenburg or Sumi would lose their dignity as a result of being publicly BH slapped. It looks like I got a lock on the first, who knows, Christmas might come early?
Eric

Minneapolis, MN

#19 May 20, 2011
Doc Savage wrote:
This will not make the unions happy.....
PARTY AT MY PLACE!
Prosser won by a recount and some funky ballot handling in Waukesha in a race that looked like a cakewalk a month before. Don't party too hard.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#20 May 21, 2011
I just want to thank Kathy Nickolaus for all her hard working "incompetence".

Without your so called "mistake"...this never would have been possible.

I want to thank all the GOP election workers who tirelessly strive to bring conservative values to our Government anyway possible.

Thank you Kathy Nickolaus. Your courage will not go unrewarded.
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 21, 2011
Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>Some time back I publicly prayed that either Kloppenburg or Sumi would lose their dignity as a result of being publicly BH slapped. It looks like I got a lock on the first, who knows, Christmas might come early?
don't ask me how I "publicly" prayed. I just did it in public...in front of others..therefore....I publicly prayed.

stop making fun of me sheesh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waukesha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Sat Ronnie Kodex 2,237
Was it the KGB, the FBI or bible Trumpers? Sat Hilda 4
News Waukesha sex sting nabs four suspects at three ... Dec '16 Jordan 2
Trump vs Clinton 2016 Dec '16 Brown 2
Anyone heard this Nov '16 GE guy 1
We in Wisconsin can CHANGE our vote! Nov '16 MAGA2016 1
New Berlin Music Selection (Aug '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 15

Waukesha Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waukesha Mortgages