Waukegan loan clerk is fatally shot in head

There are 57 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 22, 2007, titled Waukegan loan clerk is fatally shot in head. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Lake County authorities were searching for clues Tuesday in the fatal shooting of an employee at a cash advance loan store in Waukegan Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Anonymous

Mundelein, IL

#1 May 24, 2007
Check n go can't be sorry, they could have done more to protect Mindy. This is just proof that too many corporations opt for money over human lives.
Joe

North Chicago, IL

#2 May 25, 2007
My prayers go out to Mindy and her family. I've been to that location before to pay off a family members loan and it's very open. They do have cameras there. I hope justice will be served.
True, it is a nice area and I live within minutes from there. You would never think anything this horrible can happen. BUT IT CAN & IT DID.
GOD BLESS THE MORRELL FAMILY
Mz Campbell

Aurora, MO

#3 May 26, 2007
I want to send my deepest sympathy to the Morrell Family. I use to work for this company and there is NO SECURITY at any of their locations. They didn't care about the safety of their employees. They cared about making their money. This didn't have to happen.
dee

Chicago, IL

#4 May 26, 2007
i work for the company and i was robbed at gun point. its very scary. i couldnt imagine her first few minutes.
JCrewboy

Chicago, IL

#5 May 27, 2007
I used to work for Check 'N Go and their security sucks! They only had one shitty video recorder that used a old VHS tape and one day when it broke the District Manager said "Oh I'll get to that sometime." They never changed the keys or locks on the doors when keys were missing, the employees were unable to check security meaures without involving upperm management which were always inaccessabile. Very SUCKY company very very sad story and just another reason why I HATE CHECK N GO!!!!
JCrewboy

Chicago, IL

#6 May 27, 2007
Just in case the last post didnt go through I want everyone to know that Check N Go never cared about security at ALL! It is a very poorly run company with terrible communication between employee and those who maintained security issues. Horrible company they are bad bad people!!
JC RICAN

Palatine, IL

#7 May 27, 2007
TO THE KILLER!
THE SAME WAY WE JUDGE WE WILL BE JUDGED AND IF WE KILL...THE SAME WAY WE WILL BE KILLED. SO YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE GOD'S JUDGMENT DAY AGAINST YOU AND YOU WILL PAY DEARLY. YOU WILL BE FOUND CUZ YOU CAN RUN AND HIDE FROM
THE LAW BUT NOT FROM GOD. THE BEST THING IS TURN YOUR SELF IN.
check n go worker

Belleville, IL

#8 May 31, 2007
JCrewboy wrote:
I used to work for Check 'N Go and their security sucks! They only had one shitty video recorder that used a old VHS tape and one day when it broke the District Manager said "Oh I'll get to that sometime." They never changed the keys or locks on the doors when keys were missing, the employees were unable to check security meaures without involving upperm management which were always inaccessabile. Very SUCKY company very very sad story and just another reason why I HATE CHECK N GO!!!!
hey i still work there and i hate the place but dont go telling everyone all that info on security or ill be the next dead one. we all know they dont give and f about us and thats why daily on there time i look throught the help wanted ads! ha screw u check n go
sorry to work for them

Saint Joseph, IL

#9 May 31, 2007
still employed there. company has no plans on fixing the problem, and has cut hours down so people have to work day in and day out with no help...says they are going a new direction. this company cares not about employees or customers...all about the mighty buck. I see the current employees slowly killing the company for their bosses as nobody gives a hoot
Check and Go cheap scapes

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 2, 2007
check n go worker wrote:
<quoted text>
hey i still work there and i hate the place but dont go telling everyone all that info on security or ill be the next dead one. we all know they dont give and f about us and thats why daily on there time i look throught the help wanted ads! ha screw u check n go
Well maybe if everyone is aware of the issues that Check and Go will have no choice but to make changes for all of there stores. They NEED to protect their employee's. But I will tell you that if I was a Check and Go worker and I knew that there was no security I would have never worked for them. Your life is worth more than worrying about being robbed or killed everyday! I am sure that all of you that work for them are very smart people! Your life is worth more than making them rich. Trust me from all the postings that I have read all of the corperate people are living High on a hog while you struggle with they crappy pay and worry about your life while you work! No job is worth that ever!
dee

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 3, 2007
THEY HAVE FINALLY PUT SECURITY GUARDS IN ALL THE CHECK N GO STORES. ITS JUST SAD THAT IT TOOK SOMEBODY LOSING THERE LIFE TO DO SMOETHING ABOUT AN ONGOING PROBLEM AT CHECK N GO. I WAS ROBBED THREE DAYS BEFORE MELINDA. ALSO THEY ARE IN STALLING BULLET PROOF GLASS. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!
sorry to work for them

Saint Joseph, IL

#12 Jun 3, 2007
Not sure where you got your information from but there are no security guards in our district and no plans at all for the bullet proof glass so somebody is telling lies
dee wrote:
THEY HAVE FINALLY PUT SECURITY GUARDS IN ALL THE CHECK N GO STORES. ITS JUST SAD THAT IT TOOK SOMEBODY LOSING THERE LIFE TO DO SMOETHING ABOUT AN ONGOING PROBLEM AT CHECK N GO. I WAS ROBBED THREE DAYS BEFORE MELINDA. ALSO THEY ARE IN STALLING BULLET PROOF GLASS. ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!
check n go worker

House Springs, MO

#13 Jun 4, 2007
sorry to work for them wrote:
Not sure where you got your information from but there are no security guards in our district and no plans at all for the bullet proof glass so somebody is telling lies <quoted text>
my district has not heard anything about any new security measures either and i have even asked about it. it will probably take your store to be robbed before you get better security because they dont give a crap about the workers!!
dee

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 4, 2007
let me claify that. the south suburbs in chicago all have secuity.
sorry to work for them

Saint Joseph, IL

#15 Jun 4, 2007
Well something funny is going on because they have states soliciting for online business to current active customers. I think maybe a sell out or possibly die out. As far as the south side I am glad for you guys but they need to reconsider the safety of others to the north,west.and east
check n go worker

Belleville, IL

#16 Jun 5, 2007
sorry to work for them wrote:
Well something funny is going on because they have states soliciting for online business to current active customers. I think maybe a sell out or possibly die out. As far as the south side I am glad for you guys but they need to reconsider the safety of others to the north,west.and east
i have a feeling they will be shutting all il stores down eventually
check n go worker

United States

#17 Jun 5, 2007
they are calling our customers now too!

i love how they expect so many ucc's and yet they steal our business from us!
dee

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 5, 2007
yeah people are calling my store asking why are they calling them. thay didnt even foreworn us on what to tell the customer if they ask about it.
Check and GO

Springfield, IL

#19 Jun 5, 2007
What are they doing with the people that had loans at that store??? Its not like they can go in there and pay them? I would never stepfoot back in that store. I don't think it will ever open that store up again and they shouldn't!!!
sorry to work for them

Saint Joseph, IL

#20 Jun 5, 2007
Not sure probably moved the files to another location like they do when they close a store. Oh and do you like the constant push for marketing idea!! Now how are we to market when we have nobody in the store working? what a bunch of dumb asses

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waukegan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Josh Duggar really one of Zion's Community A... 6 hr Liquorii 1
News News Roundup: No Charges For Illinois Cop Who S... 7 hr Chaching 5
News Speaking out against Justus Howell decision May 19 manman 6
Review: Illuminance Photography May 18 mdesai 1
News Overflow crowd demands Zion cops wear body cameras May 14 Smokey McBongwater 10
News Radio hacker avoids prison over Gurnee Mills th... May 13 Duck Hook 2
Has anyone tried this trick to test used batter... May 9 Raule 6
More from around the web

Waukegan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]