Owners of dead dog found in Iowa tras...

Owners of dead dog found in Iowa trash bin located

There are 51 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 14, 2010, titled Owners of dead dog found in Iowa trash bin located. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Authorities say they've found the owners of a dead Chihuahua tossed in a trash bin behind a business in the Des Moines suburb of Grimes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

MN Observer

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Jan 14, 2010
I'm waiting for this headline:

"Frozen dog s h i t found on front yard in Iowa community"
sandy

South Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jan 14, 2010
People are so cruel - kittens glued to highways, dogs thrown in dumpsters. It's no wonder this world is in such a mess - peole just don't care about anything anymore except themselves and money
Bill in Saint Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#24 Jan 14, 2010
tww wrote:
Its only tax money. Its not like its your money or anything.
Your post makes no sense. What are you talking about?
MN Observer

Phoenix, AZ

#25 Jan 14, 2010
sandy wrote:
People are so cruel - kittens glued to highways, dogs thrown in dumpsters. It's no wonder this world is in such a mess - peole just don't care about anything anymore except themselves and money
Why is it cruel to throw a dead dog in a Dumpster?

Glueing a cat to a highway is cruel. I don't think it was a kitten however. Female cats can have their own offspring at 9 months.
The Golf Guy

Apopka, FL

#26 Jan 14, 2010
Thank God, I haven't slept since reading about this poor dog that was not treated with dignity at the time of his demise.
The Cold Hard Truth

Fargo, ND

#27 Jan 14, 2010
Bowser says wrote:
<quoted text>should we do the same to the human's that pass in the winter? woof...
Only if it were your worthless body Bows!
Not kidding anyone

Saint Paul, MN

#28 Jan 14, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
Thank God, I haven't slept since reading about this poor dog that was not treated with dignity at the time of his demise.
You can go sleep now, this dog is in god's hand.
sad

Prior Lake, MN

#29 Jan 14, 2010
Not kidding anyone wrote:
Dead dog in trash bin, pu22y cat glued to the frozen goddamn high way. This is bigger then what's going on in Haiti, folks.
Thank you!! This is a ridiculous story, not news worthy!
Although I gotta say, that cat glued to the street story had me on the floor rolling! I know a lot of you are going to think I am a rotten person for saying that, but if you lightened up a bit and let go of the tree you're hugging, you would see the humor in it! They glued it to the friggen street!!! HILARIOUS! Who thinks of that s***???
sad

Prior Lake, MN

#30 Jan 14, 2010
OK... I retract everything I said above!! Someone just told me that cat died and the way it was glued to the street. That is horrible, I am sorry.
Pitchforks and Torches

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Jan 14, 2010
It was a dead rat. A Chihuahua is not a real dog.
phxl

Clive, IA

#32 Jan 14, 2010
The issue isn't that the dog was in the dumpster. The issue is that the dog was neglected and that's why it died.
Nikki D

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Jan 14, 2010
Ru kidding? Now you can't put animal remains in the garbage? Guess they should have flushed it down the toilet.
MN Observer

Phoenix, AZ

#34 Jan 14, 2010
phxl wrote:
The issue isn't that the dog was in the dumpster. The issue is that the dog was neglected and that's why it died.
How do you know this, or are you making an assumption.
Not kidding anyone

Saint Paul, MN

#35 Jan 14, 2010
Yes, the do was neglected by the -15 degree temp last week.
Not kidding anyone

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Jan 14, 2010
I meant the dog.
phxl

Clive, IA

#37 Jan 14, 2010
You'll have to forgive me. It seems they are still investigating the cause of death, so let me rephrase... "The issue is that the dog was possibly neglected."
Spartacus

Saint Paul, MN

#38 Jan 14, 2010
What the wrote:
Why is this news. People in Haiti need food and shelter.
So the media should only report news about Haiti? Were you born stupid, or did you take lessons?!
fred2

Blue Earth, MN

#39 Jan 14, 2010
MN Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Glueing a cat to a highway is cruel. I don't think it was a kitten however. Female cats can have their own offspring at 9 months.
I just refuse to believe a cat was glued to a highway -- much less I-90, in the winter time. Anyone who has used superglue knows the "parts" have to be held together for at least a minute in 60 degree temps.

That being said, I got my own problems, and worrying about a dog found in a dumpster, dead or alive, is no concern of mine. I have friends that have dogs and cats, but to elevate an animals worth over the life of a human, it's not in me.
yeah sure

Burnsville, MN

#40 Jan 14, 2010
So a dead dog found in a dumpster in Iowa is news in St Paul? How insane! I mean, I can see running the story about the kitty glued to the road. That was obviously animal abuse. But this frozen dog thing had nothing that pointed to abuse. What a bunch of idiots at the Pioneer Press.
Not kidding anyone

Saint Paul, MN

#41 Jan 14, 2010
I'm not sure why Pioneer Press get this story from Iowa. Plenty of frozen dogs & cats in MN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Brian Cummings Of Seattle Living In Iowa Now?! Aug 19 Elise Gingerich 1
News Ten Days in Iowa: Moving Moments, Awkward Encou... (Feb '16) Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 5
News Pratt adds Star Trek to Butter Cow display Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 1
News Fairgoers say they're being cheated out of Uber... Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 1
News Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) May '16 Disappointed in 5... 186
News Ankeny to tackle teen drinking (Oct '06) Mar '16 Concerned citizen 8
News After Caucus-Goer Advocates Rubio's 'Electabili... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1

Waukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waukee Mortgages