Iowa Gov Rivals Branstad, Culver Focu...

Iowa Gov Rivals Branstad, Culver Focus On Base

There are 6 comments on the WHOtv story from Aug 2, 2010, titled Iowa Gov Rivals Branstad, Culver Focus On Base. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Gubernatorial rivals Chet Culver and Terry Branstad are spending the summer seeking to solidify their political bases before focusing their attention on the independent voters who likely will decide the election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

the other bob

Ankeny, IA

#1 Aug 2, 2010
One goes to a business the other visits a union. Typical.
Herkimer Pentathilatill

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Aug 2, 2010
No matter how long I live, I will never understand the greed for power that politicans exude. Branstad had his chance; now it's someone else's turn. Surely that is one of the undergriding principles of constitutional government. Some can't resist the spotlight, or the power the position wields.
Dave

Des Moines, IA

#3 Aug 2, 2010
Herkimer, that's your arguement, "Branstad had his chance"? Wow, that's powerful. Were you ever in debate? Branstad did a better job than Culver so yes if he will do a better job we would like him back. You were probably one of the kids during track and field day in elementary school who wanted a pink participation ribbon just for playing.
Iowa Taxpayer

United States

#4 Aug 2, 2010
Why would any Union endorse Culver. He's done nothing for them or anyone else that I've seen.
Leo

Berlin, MD

#5 Aug 2, 2010
Dave wrote:
Herkimer, that's your arguement, "Branstad had his chance"? Wow, that's powerful. Were you ever in debate? Branstad did a better job than Culver so yes if he will do a better job we would like him back. You were probably one of the kids during track and field day in elementary school who wanted a pink participation ribbon just for playing.
His son is probably thinking. Alright I will be able to get away with anything. Get drunk and kill people. It will be like old times.
here

Des Moines, IA

#6 Aug 2, 2010
The Democrats have done nothing but destroy the state. At least Branstad had the state in excellent financial position. It took them less then 4 years to spend all the money that he had saved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waukee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know JEFFREY RICH Scam around the DES MO... (Apr '09) Jul 12 Anon 12
News Tama Mayor Zimmerman to resign post- Council me... Jun '17 guest 1
Need H in a bad way Jun '17 Sick boy 1
News Ticket's in the mail: Red-light cameras questioned (Mar '09) May '17 Susan 60
Adulterer Bill W. Davis of Urbandale Apr '17 Your new nightmare 2
austin (Nov '15) Nov '15 austin 1
News Bobby Jindal book on lessons of history coming ... (May '15) May '15 Le Duped 1

Waukee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Waukee Mortgages