Moving back to Wauchula

Moving back to Wauchula

Posted in the Wauchula Forum

JCO

Sparta, MO

#1 Oct 23, 2010
I was thinking of moving my family back to Wauchula. I grew up there moved away in "06".Can anyone tell me what its like now.Has it changed much? Schools are very important. I have one son in high school, one in middle school, and my baby girl just started Kindergarten.Any info would be appreciated.
THW

United States

#2 Dec 31, 2010
JCO wrote:
I was thinking of moving my family back to Wauchula. I grew up there moved away in "06".Can anyone tell me what its like now.Has it changed much? Schools are very important. I have one son in high school, one in middle school, and my baby girl just started Kindergarten.Any info would be appreciated.
I was born in Wauchula 44 years ago... still live here.. Have raised 3 sons here.... The HIgh School is a "D" rated school.... has been for several years... doesn't look like it is going to change either, even though we changed Principles 2 years ago.

As far as anything else, it is the same old stuff.... depends on who you are and who you are willing to suck up to as to whether you succeed here... no jobs, really... Mines have laid off and some are closing.... Prison is over staffed...Mexicans have taken most of the jobs.... and most of the neighborhoods. The only real changes since you left are maybe the fact that some of the blue tarped roofs are fixed :(

Hate to sound so discouraging but just telling the truth.... HIghlands County isn't looking much better... a lot of people I know are moving away.... to Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and the Carolinas.... we may not be far behind them.

Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wauchula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Placid Crime Jul 25 Caribe704 2
Debate: Marijuana - Lake Placid, FL (Sep '10) May '15 sta 9
News Florida gyrocopter pilot returns to Florida, aw... Apr '15 SpaceBlues 1
Men and Dating....Why do they think the way the... (Feb '09) Mar '15 Mexican 2
News Florida's Solomon's Castle for sale (Mar '06) Feb '15 bbell 18
Todo (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sherry 1
Please help (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sherry 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wauchula Mortgages