Bubbles forgotten by Michael Jackson'...

Bubbles forgotten by Michael Jackson's family

There are 16 comments on the Monsters and Critics story from Dec 19, 2012, titled Bubbles forgotten by Michael Jackson's family. In it, Monsters and Critics reports that:

The 'Thriller' hitmaker - who died in 2009 - was extremely close to Bubbles and allowed him to live a life of luxury at his Neverland ranch when he was alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monsters and Critics.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Bubbles is earning his keep. His paintings sell at $1,500 a piece.

If it weren't for MJ saving Bubbles from a lab existence, Bubbles would never have outlived him.
The Credit Angel Can Help

Schenectady, NY

#2 Dec 20, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
Bubbles is earning his keep. His paintings sell at $1,500 a piece.
If it weren't for MJ saving Bubbles from a lab existence, Bubbles would never have outlived him.
The Jacksons can not afford $20,000 a year to house and feed Bubbles?

Location hidden

#3 Dec 21, 2012
The Credit Angel Can Help wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jacksons can not afford $20,000 a year to house and feed Bubbles?
Bubbles can afford to house and feed himself, he doesn't need the Jacksons.

Schenectady, NY

#4 Dec 21, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubbles two finger paints only netted a total of $3000. His care in housing, upkeep, food exceeds $20,000 a year alone. That means someone else is paying for Michael's pet chimp. I would think that his family and estate would chip in since Bubbles was Michael Jackson's animal. They just don't seem to care.

Location hidden

#5 Dec 21, 2012
<quoted text>
Bubbles two finger paints only netted a total of $3000. His care in housing, upkeep, food exceeds $20,000 a year alone. That means someone else is paying for Michael's pet chimp. I would think that his family and estate would chip in since Bubbles was Michael Jackson's animal. They just don't seem to care.
Bubbles only lived with MJ for 4.5 years of his 26 year old life.

Bubbles is a drawcard to this wildlife sanctuary. The place charges entrance fees, doesn't pay taxes, receives many donations and makes money from various means and sources.

All the other animals do cost money too. MJ's family are not obligated to pay money for MJ's ex pets, wives, debts, etc.

They are still dealing with his tragic loss and don't need shit dumped on them because the sanctuary smells money.
Patrick

Avon, CT

#6 Dec 21, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Mj let a chimp decide which family members to come over ??? He is retarded like all his mj floons .

Location hidden

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Mj let a chimp decide which family members to come over ??? He is retarded like all his mj floons .
MJ was right, animals do have sixth sense which most humans have abandoned. Bubbles is a wild animal and much more intune with his.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 21, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
MJ was right, animals do have sixth sense which most humans have abandoned. Bubbles is a wild animal and much more intune with his.
Do you think Bubbles even remembers MJ?

I've heard that Bubbles bit Jacko in the hand.

Bubbles got much too big to control.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Bubbles is still living.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 21, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Bubbles even remembers MJ?
I've heard that Bubbles bit Jacko in the hand.
Bubbles got much too big to control.
Frankly, I'm surprised that Bubbles is still living.
MJ was lucky he never caught a disease. Mature chimpanzees are dangerous. Bubbles is a lucky chimp because the lab life would have shortened his life span and in the wild he wouldn't get to live so long.

Schenectady, NY

#10 Dec 22, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubbles only lived with MJ for 4.5 years of his 26 year old life.
Bubbles is a drawcard to this wildlife sanctuary. The place charges entrance fees, doesn't pay taxes, receives many donations and makes money from various means and sources.
All the other animals do cost money too. MJ's family are not obligated to pay money for MJ's ex pets, wives, debts, etc.
They are still dealing with his tragic loss and don't need shit dumped on them because the sanctuary smells money.
But it was Michael's chimp and he got rid of him when it became apparent that Bubbles wasn't cute anymore. Michael still had his zoo animals. I was not aware that Bubbles had bitten the hand that fed him but Michael still could've created a wildlife sanctuary for the disposed chimp. That was very mean of Michael to dump Bubbles simply because it had aged. His family doesn't seem too kind of its plight now that its old. It was used to living life as a spoiled animal and it must be hard from him to accept that he is just another wild ape. He does seem sad and does not get along all that well with the other chimps. I've read that Bubbles keeps to himself and never climbs trees. I think the sanctuary relies on donations but Bubbles should still mean something to the Jacksons. He doesn't. It is a sad story, really. Poor Bubbles.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 22, 2012
<quoted text>
But it was Michael's chimp and he got rid of him when it became apparent that Bubbles wasn't cute anymore. Michael still had his zoo animals. I was not aware that Bubbles had bitten the hand that fed him but Michael still could've created a wildlife sanctuary for the disposed chimp. That was very mean of Michael to dump Bubbles simply because it had aged. His family doesn't seem too kind of its plight now that its old. It was used to living life as a spoiled animal and it must be hard from him to accept that he is just another wild ape. He does seem sad and does not get along all that well with the other chimps. I've read that Bubbles keeps to himself and never climbs trees. I think the sanctuary relies on donations but Bubbles should still mean something to the Jacksons. He doesn't. It is a sad story, really. Poor Bubbles.
As infants, chimpanzees are affectionate, needy, and a delight to interact with. But chimpanzees grow up fast, and their unique intelligence makes it difficult to keep them stimulated and satisfied in a human environment. By age 5 they are stronger than most human adults. They become destructive and resentful of discipline. They can, and will, bite. Chimpanzee owners have lost fingers and suffered severe facial damage.

The day will come when despite all best efforts the chimpanzee must go. The owners often feel betrayed by the animals that they raised and devoted so much attention to. Sadly, they cannot be sent back to Africa. Most zoos will not take ex-pets because human-reared chimpanzees do not know chimp etiquette and tend not to fit into established groups. Tragically, many pet chimps end up in medical research laboratories. Owners are asked not to visit the chimps so as not to disturb them in their new-found happiness. Captive primates can live 50 - 60 years, Bubbles is still young.

MJ did what most chimpanzee owners do. Bubbles was a lab primate and would not have had the happy life he has had if it weren't for MJ saving him.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 22, 2012
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
MJ was lucky he never caught a disease. Mature chimpanzees are dangerous. Bubbles is a lucky chimp because the lab life would have shortened his life span and in the wild he wouldn't get to live so long.
Yeah, chimpanzees can be quite dangerous as they get older.

I've seen a news story how this woman got her face bitten off.

They don't make ideal pets.

I feel sorry for Bubbles because he may have thought he was human.

Location hidden

#13 Dec 23, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, chimpanzees can be quite dangerous as they get older.

I've seen a news story how this woman got her face bitten off.

They don't make ideal pets.

I feel sorry for Bubbles because he may have thought he was human.
Bubbles was an adult male chimp and asserted himself. He sensed that he was stronger than MJ and in chimp terms should be the boss.
The strongest primate always rules.
I love you

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 24, 2012
You opened it. Tonight at midnight, your true love will realize they truly miss you. Something good will happen to you between 1:00 pm to 4:40 pm, it could be anywhere. Tonight at midnight they will remember how much they love you. You will get a shock of a lifetime tomorrow, a good one. if you break the chain, you will be cursed with relationship problems for the next 2 years, Karma. If there is someone you loved or still do, and can't get them out of your mind, repost this in another city in the next 5 minutes. It's amazing how it works. If you truly miss someone, a past love, and can't seem to get them out of your mind, then repost this as "I still Love you" Whoever you miss will surprise you. Don't break this, for tonight at midnight, your true love will realize they truly miss you and something great will happen to you tomorrow. Karma. You will get the shock of your

Location hidden

#15 Dec 25, 2012
I love you wrote:
You opened it. Tonight at midnight, your true love will realize they truly miss you. Something good will happen to you between 1:00 pm to 4:40 pm, it could be anywhere. Tonight at midnight they will remember how much they love you. You will get a shock of a lifetime tomorrow, a good one. if you break the chain, you will be cursed with relationship problems for the next 2 years, Karma. If there is someone you loved or still do, and can't get them out of your mind, repost this in another city in the next 5 minutes. It's amazing how it works. If you truly miss someone, a past love, and can't seem to get them out of your mind, then repost this as "I still Love you" Whoever you miss will surprise you. Don't break this, for tonight at midnight, your true love will realize they truly miss you and something great will happen to you tomorrow. Karma. You will get the shock of your
It is amazing, Santa brought me a one carat diamond ring today:)

I'm so over the moon.
Elvis Presley Fan

Los Angeles, CA

#16 May 4, 2016
The population of England and Wales, which had remained constant at around 6 million since 1700 to 1740, increased sharply from that date and reached 8.3 million in 1801, to double in fifty years and reach 16.8 million in 1850 and in 1901 had nearly doubled again to 30.5 million. in Europe, the population grew from 100 million in 1700 to reach 400 million in 1900. the industrial revolution was thus the first historical period during which there was simultaneously an increase in population and an increase in per capita income. the population increase was a stimulus for industrial growth as it provided abundant labor at a time for new industries and the other side was an increase in domestic demand for new products.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wauchula Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pj sutton (Feb '17) Jul '17 Pedo judges 2
Miller family (Sep '10) Jul '17 anonymous 5
Murder Article Jun '17 Dougs Friend 2
Lake Placid Crime (Mar '15) Jun '17 Bass 3
Zolfo Springs Music Thread (Oct '16) Apr '17 Musikologist 2
David miller Apr '17 Polo 1
Lost relatives (Mar '09) Feb '17 Cheryl Ryan 2

Wauchula Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance