California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,401 - 3,420 of 5,015 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
TIRED TOM

Houston, TX

#3945 Sep 3, 2012
I agree with Hmmm, we don't have a problem with plastic bags we have a problem with Litter Bugs, can't we find someone to pick them up? maybe someone not working or sitting at home waiting for their check to arrive?
Were back

Monrovia, CA

#3946 Sep 3, 2012
Just say NO, then turn to paper bags.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3947 Sep 3, 2012
Friggin CA wants to ban everything...

This state SUCKS!!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#3948 Sep 3, 2012
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann Rover.
Yes. You are right. Trendy "empty heads" *(so to speak)* like nothing better than to be seen by their wealthy upscale Democrat friends carrying dangerous disease spreading "reusable" grocery bags. They believe themselves to be clever for avoiding the Lowenthal grocery bag harassment tax. More astute observers, though, view those revolutionary activist approved, soil depleting, "reusable" grocery bags as a red-flag target that shouts out "HEY! I GOT SUCKERED INTO PAYING HEAVY STATE SALES TAX TO PURCHASE THIS THING."
Ronald
Good call!
Were back

Monrovia, CA

#3949 Sep 3, 2012
What if you made condom's out of the plastic bags?
Ann Rover

San Francisco, CA

#3950 Sep 3, 2012
There is something even more trendy. Plastic potty wipes. All the girls love these plastic potty wipes. They come in many colors also.
Were back

Monrovia, CA

#3952 Sep 3, 2012
Plastic bag condoms, now there's a marketing idea?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3953 Sep 4, 2012
Camo condoms, "Dont let them see you coming"
bags

Torrance, CA

#3954 Sep 4, 2012
Bags bags
Were back

Azusa, CA

#3955 Sep 4, 2012
I guess we could call them bag-condoms?
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#3956 Sep 4, 2012
Radical "taxpayer funded university trained" Long Beach political bosses have their work cut out for them at the Big Democrat convention. During a recent "peoples' street fair", a crowd, "mostly from a leftward bend" was seen openly flaunting revolutionary Council's war against competitive minded non-union grocers who provide decent overtaxed city residents with "consumer friendly" Lowenthal harassment tax-free grocery bags. According to an AP photo caption that was included in a recent "foreign source" investigative news report:

"A man uses a plastic trash bag for rain protection at the Carolina Fest street fair, on the eve of the Democratic National Convention (DNC) on September 3, 2012 in Charlotte, North Carolina"

As of this writing, it is not known whether the extremist "anti jobs" Long Beach delegation will walk out of the convention, or whether they will merely embarrass Obama with a noisy demonstration on the convention floor.

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bv8jqh9

Source: http://tinyurl.com/bvrj7bf

Source: http://tinyurl.com/d647dht

Ronald
Were back

Azusa, CA

#3957 Sep 4, 2012
There called Baggie-condoms.
Ann Rover

Livermore, CA

#3958 Sep 4, 2012
I condom the anti plastic bag movement. It's so not cool. What will the poor bunnies do without plastic bag raincoats this winter?
Were back

West Covina, CA

#3960 Sep 5, 2012
Do the plastic bag condoms come in party packs?
earth

Torrance, CA

#3961 Sep 7, 2012
Save the planet
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#3962 Sep 7, 2012
earth wrote:
Save the planet
earth.

Just how do you think providing Lowenthal grocery bag harassment tax-free tree-destroying paper bags to the majority of Long Beachers who pay for their "free" food with taxpayer funded food stamps is going to "save the planet"?

Ronald
Were back

Covina, CA

#3963 Sep 7, 2012
What colors do those Baggie-Condoms come in?
Covisuks

Los Angeles, CA

#3964 Sep 10, 2012
Were back wrote:
What colors do those Baggie-Condoms come in?
Crawl back into your hole doofus
fishscribe

Berkeley, CA

#3965 Sep 10, 2012
But they are not single use to me, I take them home use them for dozens of things.
Der lips

Azusa, CA

#3966 Sep 10, 2012
Always coming back to your favorite spots, why don't you try.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 37 min Little Ricky 15,966
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr KiMare 200,607
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr napalmers 7,933
Watsonville police nab 37 suspected taggers (Apr '09) Aug 27 sorry 143
Remodel reality show highlights Monterey Bay life Aug 16 Ooooh Jeffie 2
'National Night Out' gathers neighbors across S... Aug 9 DBS 2
Summit fire: Dream home destroyed (May '08) Aug 7 ang0709 18
•••
•••
•••

Watsonville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••