Watsonville gang member sentenced to ...

Watsonville gang member sentenced to life for 2004 robbery-murder in Santa Cruz

There are 20 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Mar 20, 2008, titled Watsonville gang member sentenced to life for 2004 robbery-murder in Santa Cruz. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A Watsonville gang member convicted of a 2004 robbery-murder in downtown Santa Cruz will spend the rest of his life in state prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Carl Bendix

El Dorado Hills, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2008
"Toni Gonzales, who along with other family members was dressed in RED, the color of her son's GANG."
What the hell is wrong with these people. Why would they do that? Are they also gang supporters? This is insane!
DJP

Marina, CA

#4 Mar 20, 2008
Why were these people in red even allowed in the courtroom? By letting these losers even enter a court of law adorned in gang banger garb is ridiculous and should not be tolerated.
Shunell

United States

#5 Mar 20, 2008
Carl Bendix wrote:
"Toni Gonzales, who along with other family members was dressed in RED, the color of her son's GANG."
What the hell is wrong with these people. Why would they do that? Are they also gang supporters? This is insane!
Yes, totally insane. People in gangs wear their colors. It is like a flag to them.
The Doc

Santa Rosa, CA

#6 Mar 20, 2008
DJP wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I missed something in the article but I could not find that this jerkoff loser soon to be prison btch was a "Mexican". It is foolish to assume so.
You're right DJP, my bad. Let me re-phrase that:

"Good riddance. Now if we could only do this with all the other gang banging HISPANIC punks around here then we woould be on the right track to taking our community back."

Thank you for catching that, I wouldn't want to give MEXICAN gang bangers a bad name.
zane

United States

#7 Mar 20, 2008
Now it's time to monitor the West Side Santa Cruz nortenos. They are jumping in new recruits on the West Side and Doing business with the Hells Angels. The shooting on 17th ave a few months ago was done by a Santa Cruz Norteno jumped in on the west side.
Shunell

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2008
The Doc wrote:
Good riddance. Now if we could only do this with all the other gang banging mexican punks around here then we woould be on the right track to taking our community back.
If you would it just leave the word "Mexican" then I would it agreed with you 100%. It is not just Latinos is also White people too (in Santa Cruz)that are in gangs, the worst thing happening is that now they are recluting ten year olds and parents need to start paying attention to this so does the police.
Shunell

United States

#10 Mar 20, 2008
zane wrote:
Now it's time to monitor the West Side Santa Cruz nortenos. They are jumping in new recruits on the West Side and Doing business with the Hells Angels. The shooting on 17th ave a few months ago was done by a Santa Cruz Norteno jumped in on the west side.
Yes, Nortenos, Surenos, Brown Priders or mid-town gang people are recruting more members.
chris norton

Felton, CA

#11 Mar 20, 2008
The Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right DJP, my bad. Let me re-phrase that:
"Good riddance. Now if we could only do this with all the other gang banging HISPANIC punks around here then we woould be on the right track to taking our community back."
Thank you for catching that, I wouldn't want to give MEXICAN gang bangers a bad name.
Hey Doc.. let's try and be realistic here.. it's not only "hispanics". Take a drive or walk around Live Oak / Eastside area.. Lot's of proud Aryan gangsters showing their colors and tattoos.. Unfortunately this gang situation is a low-life, scum problem, no matter what color the flesh is... let's be real.
The Doc

Santa Rosa, CA

#12 Mar 20, 2008
chris norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Doc.. let's try and be realistic here.. it's not only "hispanics". Take a drive or walk around Live Oak / Eastside area.. Lot's of proud Aryan gangsters showing their colors and tattoos.. Unfortunately this gang situation is a low-life, scum problem, no matter what color the flesh is... let's be real.
Okay, let's be real. When was the last time you heard of a "Aryan gang" causing a violent crime here in SC? Come on man. Look I'll be the first to bash any White/Caucasian/Aryan gang that commits any act of violence. But just about all of the gangs here are Mexican/Latino/Hispanic, however you want say it, so why not call a spade a spade? It's not wrong to state the facts. It's not wrong to dislike groups of people who act violently. I love my town and I'm sick of hearing about girls being raped, kids being shot, and thugs stabbing and murdering people.
John dole

United States

#13 May 15, 2008
gangs dont hurt people they hurt other gangs members so just leave them alone and let them do there thing
mack robles

Englewood, CO

#14 May 20, 2008
all of u guys are insane thers lots of gangs in our town and they are all colors not only MEXICANS or latinos they are every where all of u guys need to get glasses and check,not only cause their color is brown his a mexican,gangs are white trash and black people also
acp

Salinas, CA

#15 Aug 4, 2008
John dole wrote:
gangs dont hurt people they hurt other gangs members so just leave them alone and let them do there thing
Gang Members don't only hurt other gang member's and if that is your thinking you are blinded by what you think you know. Gang Violence affects everyone if a gang member commits a robbery. The victim is the person who was robbed. That person is now a victim of a gang motivated crime. A citizen who is "Collateral Damage" to a drive by is a victim of a gang motivated crime. So to say Gang members only hurt other Gang members is insane.
sugabear187

Watsonville, CA

#16 Sep 5, 2008
watsonville iz hard 4get scrap capital(S.C)
Mom is not a gang banger

Watsonville, CA

#17 Aug 27, 2009
Carl Bendix wrote:
For your information I wore a black velvet dress with a rust sweater my mom wore a rust sweater and slacks and my nephew wore his work shirt which was red with the Sutter Hospital logo on it he was going to work after court. So you see you shouldn't believe everything you read in the newspaper they write what they want and don't stick the facts. Why do you think they don't let the jurors read the newspapers or watch the news.

Who ever wrote this is eather color blind or just ignorant. Have a nice day! Get your facts straight before you judge people!
Maria

United States

#20 Dec 11, 2011
Your all crazy
Maria

United States

#21 Dec 11, 2011
I know these people and toni is an older lady u goofs
Maryjane

Watsonville, CA

#22 Dec 12, 2011
They wore red becuase its christmas and they wanted to be christ like.If white folks wear white capes and burn flags does that mean they are kkk ,no of coarse not,they just want to be like christ
Maryjane

Watsonville, CA

#23 Dec 12, 2011
I no what im saying im educated ,people need to be educated.I am stret smart ive have many friends,back in acupy ( santa cruz) we sher lots of information.People work cant learn because they dont sher information yeap thats right.I hate to be judmental but its the truth.
darks

San Mateo, CA

#24 Feb 8, 2012
fu** a buster coming from darky from that SOUTH SIDE BARRIO POBRE 13 GANG
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#25 Feb 8, 2012
So, are all Mexicans in gangs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watsonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Jun 25 Daniel Gonzalez 17
News PVUSD takes stand against controversial pesticide (Oct '10) Jun 14 Daniel Gonzalez 24
News Four arrested for suspected gang activity in Wa... Jun 8 Real 1
News Women increasingly using meth to lose weight, p... (Feb '08) Jun 5 Bobby N 12
News Adobe Animal Hospital, hit by recession, to clo... (Feb '10) May '16 ella seneres 92
To Luis Alejo Apr '16 Andy 1
News Suspected Hells Angels member arrested for ster... (Sep '10) Apr '16 Gene Pool 121
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Watsonville Mortgages