Was Iroquois County Judge responsible?

Was Iroquois County Judge responsible?

Posted in the Watseka Forum

citizen concerns

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Oct 16, 2012
http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display....

Iroquois County Judge allowed 75 percent lower bond that allowed the man out of jail who murdered a Kankakee physician?

Why would anyone who takes an oath to uphold the law allow any person who committed a crime to go free without a complete investigation? You should not take the chance of letting them go free until you have thoroughly checked out all the facts. Did this judge allow leniency because he felt his wife deserved it? He's been WAY to soft on crime with people in Iroquois County. Isn't it time for new blood? When will our people hold him be accountable for what he has done?
Agree

United States

#2 Oct 16, 2012
Our Judges have been to easy on alot of cases let people out on I BONDS when they shouldn't have .Don't forget the IDOC should have checked as well before releasing Philip Horrel to see if he had any warrants outstanding prior to releasing him out into the public plus if he had mental issues he should have been referred to a mental program for inmates that have facilities for them until they are safe to be out in the community .The Dr nor his wife deserved what happened to them I hope their family sues Iroquois County and IDOC for what happened to their loved ones .Look at the Bank robbers they are out running the streets few days after the crime .Drug users Dealers and Domestic Violence Offenders are released as well what has this world come to.Their is no justice for the citizens that need protection .
Agree

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2012
Correction the Dr and his wife Didn't deserve what happened to them .Sorry for the typing err .
definitely

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Oct 16, 2012
I agree with the OP and "Agree." There are many out there who deserve to sue Iroquois County for failing to jail law breakers who have been allowed to walk free instead of paying for their crimes. And that key statement is precisely to the point, "There is no justice for the citizens that need protection." One day there will be.

A good way to show support of those abused is to walk in the Purple Light march for the supporters of victims and survivors of domestic abuse. This is Friday, I believe I read, from 10 am to noon. And let's hope they don't get Devine as a speaker. What a joke. He REFUSES to prosecute the most henious of crimes regarding domestic abuse. He should never be allowed a word at the event.

Keep the good Dr and his wife in your thoughts. The family certainly needs that support.
justus

Hinsdale, IL

#5 Oct 17, 2012
the dept of corrections does check to see if an inmate that is being released has any outstanding warrants.if so that inmate is picked up by the sheriffs office for that jurisdiction.horrell was not wanted at the time of his release because he was out on bond in the iroquois county case and scheduled to be in court on october 22nd 2012
really

Lakeport, CA

#6 Oct 17, 2012
Who bonded the guy out, simply put he did not bond himself out, and if not bonded out I think the DOC would pick him up. That is of course if he was on Parole.
justus

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Oct 17, 2012
his father posted bond.check the facts dummy, its public record
really

Lakeport, CA

#8 Oct 17, 2012
Justus such a smart ass response to a question that was ask. I guess this is a good indication that you must be a know it all.
Honestly

Bourbonnais, IL

#10 Oct 17, 2012
What does the fact that Lustfeldt lowered the bond have to do with anything? If you had read the article, you would know that as soon as he bonded out he was picked up by IDOC for violating his parole conditions. At least Lustfeldt was smart enough to know that this is what would happen and got the burden of feeding, clothing and any medical care that he needed off of the citizens of Iroquois county and put it on the Illinois Department of Corrections.

READ THE ARTICLE PEOPLE -- HE WAS NEVER OUT OF CUSTODY UNTIL IDOC RELEASED HIM, SO DON'T BE BLAMING LUSTFELDT FOR WHAT HE DID... IF YOU WANT TO PLACE BLAME, THEN BLAME IDOC!!!!!
uninterestparty

Lakeport, CA

#14 Oct 18, 2012
Where does it say on jucci that his father bonded him out. Justic said it on the jucci,
carnitasway

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Oct 22, 2012
Really people lets not place any blame on anyone except for the one who commited the crime. This guy could have played all his cards right and tricked ppl into thinking he was reformed to get out. No one is to blame but horrel his self! Let me tell u when i was only 24 yrs old i wrote some bad checks $1400 worth. I had never been in trouble in my life and these checks were my own checks, ludstfelt sentenced me to 3 yrs in prison. You ppl can only blame horrel and not the judge. I dont care for ludstfelt but lets be honest.
Its me

Bettendorf, IA

#16 Oct 22, 2012
Judge Lustfeldt needs to come back to work. He is not wrong

Since: Oct 12

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2012
The judges need to crack down on all criminals regardless of the crime show people they mean business zero tolerance than people might be less likely to get into so much trouble .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mediacom service (Nov '09) 16 hr Heart 16
Matt Hickerson Fri Hey 1
married women only-how did your affair start (Feb '15) Fri cathy 10
what about jerry england (Nov '10) Fri Marisa arrested f... 48
Dusty Pattenaude (Aug '15) Jun 16 Catipillar Man 13
gary h huttenhoff (Mar '11) Jun 9 his daughter 41
Watseka's Unsolved?? (Mar '07) Jun 8 Concerned citizen 108
Old bands from the 70's if you can't remember t... (May '09) May '16 Love my Muse 55
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Watseka Mortgages