City Corruption
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Educator

Boca Raton, FL

#22 Aug 2, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
<quoted text> don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. All that education didn't teach you a thing. You're still an insecure bookworm who,despite knowing what this forum is,insists on believing its for "serious commentators". Its for my entertainment
At least *HE* has some education. You still can't spell or write, either effectively or legibly. This forum is not for your entertainment. You can get that in Devine's office, the official Bozo headquarters.
AlsoServed

United States

#23 Aug 2, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
<quoted text> don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. All that education didn't teach you a thing. You're still an insecure bookworm who,despite knowing what this forum is,insists on believing its for "serious commentators". Its for my entertainment
Really? If William T is a 20 year vet I bet that it pisses him off that he might have been shot defending the freedoms of someone like you. I only served four years in the Army and that thought pisses me off. Dude, you are a recruiter's worst nightmare because someone like you is definitely not worth dieing for. I know that it is probably a new concept for you, but show some respect or just shut up. I couldn't really care which. By the way, the Oxford Dictionary defines a forum as a "meeting or medium for an exchange of views." Not a word printed about a venue to entertain small town idiots. People like you give all of us rural guys a bad name.
alderman ld

United States

#24 Aug 2, 2012
A real vet doesn't have to keep telling everyone that they're a vet. Attention seekers. Sad. Now can we please get back to the important stuff...like the mayor's bushes?
JudgeAndJury

United States

#25 Aug 2, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
A real vet doesn't have to keep telling everyone that they're a vet. Attention seekers. Sad. Now can we please get back to the important stuff...like the mayor's bushes?
Attention seekers? I've read the entire thread and you're the ONLY attention seeker on here. WilliamT, Educator, and AlsoServed simply responded to your idiotic comments. Congrats! You got exactly what you wanted. The only smart thing that you've posted was "can we please back to the important stuff.." Agreed. I'll even start. The "good old boy" mentality of local politics is appalling, and it is perfectlly illustrated by the opening post. We need new blood in office. Professional blood, not just another "good old boy" farmer.
alderman ld

United States

#26 Aug 2, 2012
JudgeAndJury wrote:
<quoted text> Attention seekers? I've read the entire thread and you're the ONLY attention seeker on here. WilliamT, Educator, and AlsoServed simply responded to your idiotic comments. Congrats! You got exactly what you wanted. The only smart thing that you've posted was "can we please back to the important stuff.." Agreed. I'll even start. The "good old boy" mentality of local politics is appalling, and it is perfectlly illustrated by the opening post. We need new blood in office. Professional blood, not just another "good old boy" farmer.
nothing wrong with the council as is. We should be so lucky as to have "good old boy farmers" they're the ones who actually care about this area. They work harder at making sure this area is a legacy to the next generation than any so called "professional". You are delusional. Don't like Watseka,leave. We do fine without you and your type...take a few with ya.
Batman

Woodridge, IL

#27 Aug 2, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
<quoted text> nothing wrong with the council as is. We should be so lucky as to have "good old boy farmers" they're the ones who actually care about this area. They work harder at making sure this area is a legacy to the next generation than any so called "professional". You are delusional. Don't like Watseka,leave. We do fine without you and your type...take a few with ya.
EX Alderman your funny didnt run again because you told all the drug dealers who's names were on the list stupid ass.
WilliamT

United States

#28 Aug 2, 2012
From what I can tell there may be alot wrong with the council, certainly with the mayor's office. The principle thing that those "good old boy farmers" care about is receiving their subsidy checks from the government. Oh, and fake alderman ld, "ya" is not a word. There is nothing wrong here that an election wouldn't cure.
CarlSagen

United States

#29 Aug 3, 2012
Woodward and Bernstein's post is maddening, but not a surprise. Watseka is a small town and elected positions in small towns are more honorary than professional. It is nice though that the mayor is so free with the city's money and my tax dollars.
opinion

Boca Raton, FL

#30 Aug 4, 2012
JudgeAndJury wrote:
<quoted text> Attention seekers? I've read the entire thread and you're the ONLY attention seeker on here. WilliamT, Educator, and AlsoServed simply responded to your idiotic comments. Congrats! You got exactly what you wanted. The only smart thing that you've posted was "can we please back to the important stuff.." Agreed. I'll even start. The "good old boy" mentality of local politics is appalling, and it is perfectlly illustrated by the opening post. We need new blood in office. Professional blood, not just another "good old boy" farmer.
Kudos. Professional blood with integrity!
JohnWells

United States

#31 Oct 4, 2012
Woodward and Berstein wrote:
While trimming trees in front of my house, the city workers went too far and cut some bushes that they shouldn't have. When I complained I received a rather sarcastic apology and I was told that while THEY cut my bushes, it was MY problem. I just learned from a friend at City Hall that the same thing occurred over on Cherry but that family's daughter is friends with the mayor's son so they received an offer from the mayor to replace the lost bushes AT THE CITY'S EXPENSE. What the hell?!?! Of course "at the city's expense" means MY property tax dollars.
What the hell?!? I just paid my property taxes. I was slow this year and got one of those tax sale notices. I wish that I'd read this before I paid them. F'ing corrupt city government.
BobR

New Lenox, IL

#32 Oct 25, 2012
If you're 1 day late on your water bill you get a pink 10 day disconnect notice. Hurry up and pay it because the mayors buddies (and his kid's buddies) need landscaping!
Truth in Politics

United States

#33 Nov 2, 2012
VOTE HIM OUT! And make him pay the city back for those bushes.
Revolutionary

Chicago, IL

#34 Feb 22, 2013
Woodward and Berstein wrote:
While trimming trees in front of my house, the city workers went too far and cut some bushes that they shouldn't have. When I complained I received a rather sarcastic apology and I was told that while THEY cut my bushes, it was MY problem. I just learned from a friend at City Hall that the same thing occurred over on Cherry but that family's daughter is friends with the mayor's son so they received an offer from the mayor to replace the lost bushes AT THE CITY'S EXPENSE. What the hell?!?! Of course "at the city's expense" means MY property tax dollars.
Saw this while scanning the posts. With an election coming up (I received a flyer in the mail today from Burch) I just wanted to remind everyone what's at stake. Continue the corruption, or try something new? Your choice.
Yeah

United States

#35 Feb 25, 2013
John Burch for mayor.... Bahahahahahahaha.... Just check his Facebook.....
watseka resident

Cicero, IL

#36 Mar 31, 2013
WATSEKA IS NOT THAT BAD OF A TOWN.IF YOU DONT LIKE HE CITY LEADERS,SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH,TAKE OUT A PETITION AND RUN FOR MAYOR OR ALDERMAN.WE HAVE A GOOD FIRE DEPARTMENT,AND A GOOD POLICE DEPARTMENT !IF YOU BAD MOUTH THE POLICE,YOU MUST HAVE A AXE TO GRIND.PUTTING UP WITH STUPID PEOPLE,DRUNKS,DOPERS,ALL THE DOMESTIC FOOLS FIGHTING,AND JUST PLAIN STUPID PEOPLE WOULD CAUSE ANYONE TO BE GRUMPY. LETS TRY TO SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE,OR JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH.THANKYOU WATSEKA FOR WHAT WE HAVE.THANKYOU WATSEKA FIRE,WATSEKA POLICE FR THE GOOD JOB YOU DO,PROTECTING THE NEGATIVE FOOLS ON WATSEKA TOPIX.
Dusty

United States

#37 Apr 1, 2013
John Burch vows to be the drunkiest, funkiest mayor ever. He's gonna move the mayors office to the porky barn.
just wondering

United States

#38 Apr 1, 2013
Dusty wrote:
John Burch vows to be the drunkiest, funkiest mayor ever. He's gonna move the mayors office to the porky barn.
dusty your an idiot go back to your hole
fightcruptioninw atseka

Momence, IL

#39 Jan 17, 2015
Watseka seems to have a weird ordnance that allows renters landlords to call and have their water turn off at their request. No you do not have to be in the arrears, and it is in your name, the landlord prevails. Landlord may have someone wanting to pay more for the rental unit and your on a lease, doesn't matter, the City of Watseka will back the landlord, you can sue and move. Watseka does not want renters, or new business.
Renter

Plainfield, IL

#40 Jan 18, 2015
fightcruptioninwatseka wrote:
Watseka seems to have a weird ordnance that allows renters landlords to call and have their water turn off at their request. No you do not have to be in the arrears, and it is in your name, the landlord prevails. Landlord may have someone wanting to pay more for the rental unit and your on a lease, doesn't matter, the City of Watseka will back the landlord, you can sue and move. Watseka does not want renters, or new business.
I posted more info in the other thread, but that sounds illegal. You should talk to an attorney if this has happened to you.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs3.as...
... Upon receipt of such payment of the past due cost of such water, gas or electrical service owed by the landlord, the provider of such service shall immediately restore service to such tenant or tenants. In the alternative, the provider of such service shall immediately restore and continue such service to any tenant who (a) requests that the utility put the bill in his or her name; (b) establishes satisfactory credit references or provides for and pays a security deposit pursuant to the rules and regulations of the Illinois Commerce Commission applicable to applicants for new utility service; and (c) agrees to pay future bills. Any sums the tenant or tenants, as the case may be, pay for water, gas or electrical service that the landlord or his or her agent was required to pay may be deducted from the rent due by the tenant or tenants, and the total rent is diminished by the amount the tenant or tenants, as the case may be, have paid for the continuation of the water, gas or electrical service.
(Source: P.A. 93-994, eff. 1-1-05.)

(765 ILCS 735/1.4)(from Ch. 80, par. 62.4)
Sec. 1.4. Prohibition on termination of utility service by landlord. No landlord shall cause or request utility service to tenants to be interrupted, discontinued, or terminated in an occupied building...

(765 ILCS 735/2.1)(from Ch. 80, par. 63.1)
Sec. 2.1. Tenant damages.
(a) A landlord's violation of Section 1.4 entitles the residential tenant to damages from the landlord in the amount of a 100% abatement of the rental obligation for each month, and prorated for each part of a month, that the utility service was terminated and to consequential damages. The tenant has a duty to mitigate damages.
(b) When utility service is terminated as a result of the landlord's violation of Section 1.4 under circumstances demonstrating the landlord's deliberate or reckless indifference or wilful disregard for the rights of the tenants, or bad faith, the court may additionally award each affected residential tenant in the building statutory damages up to $300 each or the sum of $5,000 divided by the number of affected tenants, whichever is less.
(Source: P.A. 87-177; 87-895.)

Basically, it's illegal in Illinois for your landlord to have utilities in your name disconnected, doing so violates your rights. If the utility is paid up, they can't shut off your service, except for an emergency. If the landlord acts in bad faith by causing a disconnection of a fully paid utility in your name, the you can be awarded additional money as damages from the landlord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcycle club Nov 17 Dillion 1
married women only-how did your affair start (Feb '15) Nov 13 LoreneJoanna4 12
whats the drug problem and whoreish girls of ir... (Jun '15) Nov 3 Joe 12
Atlanta Rhythm Section comes to Watseka (May '17) Oct '17 Roc Maven 2
Watseka Renter Rights Oct '17 all4america 2
Old bands from the 70's if you can't remember t... (May '09) Oct '17 Steve 63
Hinder, Josh Todd And The Conflict & Wayland co... Oct '17 Timmy t 2

Watseka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance