City Corruption
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Woodward and Berstein

Valparaiso, IN

#1 Jul 24, 2012
While trimming trees in front of my house, the city workers went too far and cut some bushes that they shouldn't have. When I complained I received a rather sarcastic apology and I was told that while THEY cut my bushes, it was MY problem. I just learned from a friend at City Hall that the same thing occurred over on Cherry but that family's daughter is friends with the mayor's son so they received an offer from the mayor to replace the lost bushes AT THE CITY'S EXPENSE. What the hell?!?! Of course "at the city's expense" means MY property tax dollars.
AnotherTruthSeek er

Chicago, IL

#3 Jul 26, 2012
And you're surprised? This IS Watseka, and consider the mayor that we are talking about. I am more interested in what goes on that we NEVER hear about. What gets me is that if I'm a day late on my water bill I get a threatening notice, but if the city tears up my yard doing some bs work they just drive off and leave me with the mess, no apology or anything. WTF? Unless of course you are friends with the mayor or his family.
Fact Seeker

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Jul 26, 2012
AnotherTruthSeeker wrote:
And you're surprised? This IS Watseka, and consider the mayor that we are talking about. I am more interested in what goes on that we NEVER hear about. What gets me is that if I'm a day late on my water bill I get a threatening notice, but if the city tears up my yard doing some bs work they just drive off and leave me with the mess, no apology or anything. WTF? Unless of course you are friends with the mayor or his family.
On the mark precisely! And there is plenty that many people NEVER hear about because it is covered up by our politicians. Nepotism is something Watseka does NOT need.
WATSEKA CITIZEN

Bourbonnais, IL

#5 Jul 26, 2012
Fact Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
On the mark precisely! And there is plenty that many people NEVER hear about because it is covered up by our politicians. Nepotism is something Watseka does NOT need.
Watseka definitely doesn't need it, but it runs rampant. Always has, and always will unless the people that don't vote but b*tch about it start voting. Nothing will change unless EVERYONE in this town votes.
Futuristic

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Jul 26, 2012
WATSEKA CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
Watseka definitely doesn't need it, but it runs rampant. Always has, and always will unless the people that don't vote but b*tch about it start voting. Nothing will change unless EVERYONE in this town votes.
Agree with you, WC - sad when big box retail store manager doesn't even vote but seems to think he can run this town and law enforcement. Nepotism, favoritism, and corruption all run rapant in Iroquois County. Vote for NEW blood and out with the current admins.
alderman ld

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2012
Bring any and all complaints to the next city council meeting
Council

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Jul 30, 2012
And what will that accomplish? Firing all current admins and electing honest people who will uphold the law in this county? Mmmmmm.....
alderman ld

United States

#9 Jul 30, 2012
I doubt you even voted in the last election.
mark

Belvidere, IL

#10 Jul 30, 2012
If you don't voice your opion how can it be heard. If you think you can do a better job, run for alderman in the next election. If not keep your mouth shut.
Concerned

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Jul 30, 2012
I voted - wouldn't miss an election. But we all know Jared didn't vote. Wonder why? Yep, got them all bought off, so he doesn't have to vote.
WATSEKA CITIZEN

Bourbonnais, IL

#12 Jul 31, 2012
Council wrote:
And what will that accomplish? Firing all current admins and electing honest people who will uphold the law in this county? Mmmmmm.....
The only way to get honest people who will uphold the law is by voting out the "good old boys" and bringing in all new HONEST blood that actually cares about the city. I can't believe LD Smith is commenting on this when his son being hired for Watseka Public works was the biggest proof of nepotism there is. And FYI LD, YES, I did vote !!
Not so proud to be local

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Jul 31, 2012
WATSEKA CITIZEN wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way to get honest people who will uphold the law is by voting out the "good old boys" and bringing in all new HONEST blood that actually cares about the city. I can't believe LD Smith is commenting on this when his son being hired for Watseka Public works was the biggest proof of nepotism there is. And FYI LD, YES, I did vote !!
Backing you up on that! Excellent post.
alderman ld

United States

#14 Jul 31, 2012
He was the most qualified for the job. You're just one of about a dozen busy bodies that sit around all day,eating Casey's pizza and complaining about how Watseka is such a bad place. Do something about it. Stop worrying about other people and step up to the plate. Accept responsibility for your failures instead of trying to bring down those of us who have risen to a level far beyond anything you could.
WilliamT

United States

#15 Jul 31, 2012
"a level far beyond anything you could." That has to be one of the most arrogant and egocentric statements that I've ever read in Topix. Reality check time, I believe. This isn't Chicago, or even Champaign. It is Watseka, IL and it is a farming community of less than 6000 people. A member of the student council at the U of I has as much responsibility as a Watseka alderman. A traffic cop in Chicago probably has more. You won a popularity contest in a relatively insignificant little northern Illinois town. Nothing more. And you may have used your tiny bit of authority to move your son into a position where he is the recipient of city tax dollars. Isn't that nearly the definition of political corruption?
alderman ld

United States

#16 Aug 1, 2012
WilliamT wrote:
"a level far beyond anything you could." That has to be one of the most arrogant and egocentric statements that I've ever read in Topix. Reality check time, I believe. This isn't Chicago, or even Champaign. It is Watseka, IL and it is a farming community of less than 6000 people. A member of the student council at the U of I has as much responsibility as a Watseka alderman. A traffic cop in Chicago probably has more. You won a popularity contest in a relatively insignificant little northern Illinois town. Nothing more. And you may have used your tiny bit of authority to move your son into a position where he is the recipient of city tax dollars. Isn't that nearly the definition of political corruption?
"insignificant" Watseka,Illinois is the jewel of the corn belt. One of the most important farming areas of this entire nation. You sound like one of those people that couldn't cut it around here,so you try and bring it down. Also,you may be the biggest sucker I've ever fooled into a comment...here's a hint....I'm NOT an alderman...thanks for playing..vinni
To must be known

United States

#17 Aug 1, 2012
Duh! U beat me to ur.unveiling Vinni. I was going to say if anyone believes that was a post from LD, up were insane!! Way to prove a point Vinni !
Noted

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Aug 1, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
<quoted text> "insignificant" Watseka,Illinois is the jewel of the corn belt. One of the most important farming areas of this entire nation. You sound like one of those people that couldn't cut it around here,so you try and bring it down. Also,you may be the biggest sucker I've ever fooled into a comment...here's a hint....I'm NOT an alderman...thanks for playing..vinni
Watseka...jewel of the corn belt?...one of the most important farming areas of this entire nation?

You are completely clueless on this issue. If questioned, probably 90+ percent of people in this country have never heard of Watseka, let alone it be significantly important in farming to the US. Watseka is turning into a Gary, IN, town where politics takes control, and the true criminals are allowed to run free. Nepotism is rampant, and the law enforcement is a joke. If you're NOT an alderman, don't post as such.
alderman ld

United States

#19 Aug 1, 2012
Noted wrote:
<quoted text>
Watseka...jewel of the corn belt?...one of the most important farming areas of this entire nation?
You are completely clueless on this issue. If questioned, probably 90+ percent of people in this country have never heard of Watseka, let alone it be significantly important in farming to the US. Watseka is turning into a Gary, IN, town where politics takes control, and the true criminals are allowed to run free. Nepotism is rampant, and the law enforcement is a joke. If you're NOT an alderman, don't post as such.
wow
WilliamT

Chicago, IL

#20 Aug 1, 2012
alderman ld wrote:
<quoted text> "insignificant" Watseka,Illinois is the jewel of the corn belt. One of the most important farming areas of this entire nation. You sound like one of those people that couldn't cut it around here,so you try and bring it down. Also,you may be the biggest sucker I've ever fooled into a comment...here's a hint....I'm NOT an alderman...thanks for playing..vinni
Not an alderman. So what you are is a liar? I stand by my assessment of your previous post. It WAS arrogant and egocentric and if an alderman DID get his son a job with the city then that IS political corruption. As far as Watseka being the "jewel" of the corn belt, good luck finding anyone outside of Iroquois county who has even heard of this town. Oh, one more thing. You stated that I couldn't cut it around here. I am a 20+ year Air Force veteran who earned an advanced degree from Southern Illinois University. After I retired from the Air Force I taught in the Champaign public school system before retiring again, to the farming community of Watseka where my only sister lives. What about you? Other than invading public forums to lie about your identity and bait SERIOUS commentators into responding to your dishonest posts, what exactly have you accomplished in your life? Do those of us who wish to have an honest discussion of this township's serious political issues a favor and post your garbage somewhere else.
alderman ld

United States

#21 Aug 1, 2012
WilliamT wrote:
<quoted text> Not an alderman. So what you are is a liar? I stand by my assessment of your previous post. It WAS arrogant and egocentric and if an alderman DID get his son a job with the city then that IS political corruption. As far as Watseka being the "jewel" of the corn belt, good luck finding anyone outside of Iroquois county who has even heard of this town. Oh, one more thing. You stated that I couldn't cut it around here. I am a 20+ year Air Force veteran who earned an advanced degree from Southern Illinois University. After I retired from the Air Force I taught in the Champaign public school system before retiring again, to the farming community of Watseka where my only sister lives. What about you? Other than invading public forums to lie about your identity and bait SERIOUS commentators into responding to your dishonest posts, what exactly have you accomplished in your life? Do those of us who wish to have an honest discussion of this township's serious political issues a favor and post your garbage somewhere else.
don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back. All that education didn't teach you a thing. You're still an insecure bookworm who,despite knowing what this forum is,insists on believing its for "serious commentators". Its for my entertainment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcycle club Nov 17 Dillion 1
married women only-how did your affair start (Feb '15) Nov 13 LoreneJoanna4 12
whats the drug problem and whoreish girls of ir... (Jun '15) Nov 3 Joe 12
Atlanta Rhythm Section comes to Watseka (May '17) Oct '17 Roc Maven 2
Watseka Renter Rights Oct '17 all4america 2
Old bands from the 70's if you can't remember t... (May '09) Oct '17 Steve 63
Hinder, Josh Todd And The Conflict & Wayland co... Oct '17 Timmy t 2

Watseka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance