Letterman's 10 worst things about Wat...

Letterman's 10 worst things about Watseka Illinois

Posted in the Watseka Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fortunes

Kankakee, IL

#1 Apr 3, 2009
That it was ever established as a town, city, or county seat.
Unfortunate Bourbonnais

Alsip, IL

#2 Apr 3, 2009
Letterman's 10 worst things about Watseka Illinois
That it was ever established as a town, city, or county seat.
Umm - that was one (or technically 3), where are the other nine (or technically 7)?
Fortunes

Kankakee, IL

#3 Apr 6, 2009
I had anticipated that there would be some other people add the other 9.
Unfortunate Bourbonnais

Alsip, IL

#4 Apr 6, 2009
Ah, OK, we wait and see - This should be good!
get a life

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Apr 6, 2009
Get a life--Get out of the town--or leave it alone. If you hate Watseka to the point of not thinking it should be a city/county seat--then LEAVE. There are plenty of other places that you could move to. You don't want us, well trust me, we don't want negative crap like you either. I've lived here my whole life and talking crap about the town isn't going to help any of the "bad" things that are beginning to happen. Maybe if negative people like you did move, then we wouldn't have as many issues.
I live here too

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 6, 2009
Hey "Glendale Heights" -- if you think it' so great, then why don't you have Watseka as your hometown ?? HMMMMM ??

Watseka sucks, always has and always will. You sound like one of our "beloved" aldermen, telling people if they don't like it to move. Do you really think it's that easy ?? If it wasn't for the fact that my 82 year old mother was here and I choose to stay here ONLY for her, I'd be gone in a heartbeat !! God only knows I don't work here, there aren't any jobs !!
get a life

Elmhurst, IL

#7 Apr 6, 2009
My internet server dictates what it says--if I knew how to change it on here then I would. I DO live in Watseka.

Watseka doesn't suck and no, I'm not an alderman. I understand that it isn't that easy just to "get out". I get it, ok? Why go around talking trash about it...doesn't that make you part of the problem rather than the solution?

Watseka (and any other town) is what you make of it, if you want to see it improve, then go out and start improving.
fortunate

Kankakee, IL

#8 Apr 6, 2009
I did move, but I still have family there and of course have to hear all the gossip at family events and the blotter. It's not so much that I hate watseka well I do but my main issue is the division of the social/economic classes in the town and since the town is small it's almost as if you can see the dividing line. So my issue is really with the ones that act as if it's the most elegant quaint country town with no underlying issues such as the loosers, drugs, police harassment to the youths no prosperaty unless your in their class or they can profit from you. Look at the blacks that are low class in town it's the drug profits that braught them from hopkins park, come on working at a local factory driving a used luxary vehicle with rims and tires that cost 8 months sallary but first in line on food stamp day. It's just funnier now that I see the town from a distance nothing has changed except a couple buildigs and raised houses. otherwise just the same ole shit hole. "Have a good one" and "Get er dunnnn"
get a life

Elmhurst, IL

#9 Apr 7, 2009
Unfortunately, it's not a Watseka issue, it's a world issue. Watseka has a lot of great people as well as a lot of not so great ones, just like any other place.
This post should not be "Letterman's 10 worst things about Watseka" but rather "Ideas on how to improve Watseka" and don't tell me that it has no hope, because it's too many people with that attitude that have aided in making it the "shit hole" that you claim it is today.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.
NUMBER 1

Sun City, CA

#10 Apr 7, 2009
Crackhead and Pill poppin THEIVES that like to streal from children and single mothers!!!!
fortunate

Kankakee, IL

#11 Apr 7, 2009
NUMBER 1 wrote:
Crackhead and Pill poppin THEIVES that like to streal from children and single mothers!!!!
Exactly and if a poll was done what would the honest % be for the negative and corrupt. Because turning your head is as bad as helping or doing it yourself.
yap yap

Sun City, CA

#12 Apr 13, 2009
stfu u cryin little hoes, omg watseka sux, well get out, i cant, cry me a river pansies.
BIG D

Sun City, CA

#13 Apr 23, 2009
move to east st.louis.see how wonderful it is there.and yap yap you could live amongst the peeps you admire and try to emulate.the only prob is,your a big puss and wouldnt last 5 min there.
JMK

Prairie Du Chien, WI

#14 Oct 18, 2010
yes, watseka illinois sucks! i lived there for 13 years! i finally moved out after i graduated. the school system sucks there and one of the teachers had the AUDACITY to say that i wasnt fit for college and that i should go to a trade school. well GUESS WHAT? i have my MASTERS and im living in EUROPE!!!! SO SCREW WATSEKA!!!!!
must be known

Coal City, IL

#15 Oct 18, 2010
Hmmm, I guess it all depends on your core values... I have lived in watseka for most of my life accept for the ten years that I was in the miliatary... I wanted to come back home, my family is here and is the most important to me out of life itself... I know people can be irogant, rude, obnoxious and every other word out there, but that takes place in every single town, community, city or country you may ever live in... Just live your life the way you want too and not worry about anything else, if it doesn't concern you, don't worry about, see that is the thing with americans, we tend to think it is our god given right to pry into eveyones life, lifestyle, value system and ideologies and if it is not our way, its the high way....

Just live your own life.... let the rest be...
must be known

Coal City, IL

#16 Oct 18, 2010
the above statement was typed fast, so yes, I know I didn't spell somethings right for those of you who might correct me...
Trying to move

United States

#17 Oct 19, 2010
I've lived here for 6 years , And I just put my house for sale . It probably won't sell cause no one in there right mind wants to move here. There are sooo many houses for sale here, I might be stuck here for a while ! After living here for some time, I realized that the people who lived here there whole life don't want outsiders moving here! That would mess up there inbred gene pool ! Don't move here, don't move your business here ! Let this town DIE !!
trying to molest

Sun City, CA

#18 Oct 22, 2010
that is because you are most likel;y a molestator
dododod

Sun City, CA

#19 Oct 31, 2010
watseka does have its problems,whatr town doesnt,but it still is a good place to live.for those who say bad things about watseka and move out,i say good ,the trash moved out.why not say the good things and not the negative.if you cant say anything good just shut your trap.watseka is alot better than you think.thank you to the police for caring enough to enforce the laws .maybe you people should go to church!
This Town

United States

#20 Nov 15, 2010
Igo to church i pray everyday i have been around this whole earth planet i moved here 3 years ago maybe someone could say something good. how would they can you say something when the police dept is the KKK. The hospital is a walking bandaid,the courthouse has a hidden agenda, And the people that run this town they remind me of the people on sesame street. i do have something good to say, there are some good people here,But you cannot see the good for all the bad. This town was built in a hole,and steady making a million dollar streak, you are right, we should come together we can get on this site, and to be honest its like mental health , they run you to this person and then to the next, GOD BLESS ALL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela Martinez 7 hr SAD 1
Destiny Ann Flatt (Jun '15) Tue Ignorant 3
Weekends Jun 16 Dwight G 2
does anyone no a meth head name johnna (Sep '11) Jun 14 Youngbleed 13
Terry Thrall May 31 freeatlast 2
Landlords .... (Oct '14) May 31 Kimberly 13
News Police: Accused Bank Robbers had More than Just... (May '12) May 31 Tiffany burns 19

Watseka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Watseka Mortgages