usetofre

Sun City, CA

#21 Apr 13, 2011
I still stand by their meats, over the Qualty's. The question is why throw it away, take it back.
Stores

United States

#22 Apr 13, 2011
I but all my meat at Berkot's and have never had any bad, how long did you have it?
In watseka

Rock Island, IL

#23 Jul 26, 2011
I work at Berkot's,am a cashier too.If there is ever an issue with a cashier,then go to management with it.Putting it on here doesn't take care of anything.I've heard some bad things about a cashier and have went to the manager but if you don't let them know from your side then it only goes so far.They do not sell rotten meats.We've had people bring things back sayin they bought it that way and we're not stupid to it.People have to take the groceries out of their cars and refridgerate them.Alot forget stuff in the car for a while and find it nasty looking then.Well,what did you think would happen to it!Lmao,people are crazy and we deal with it daily.
dislikes Berkots

United States

#24 Jul 27, 2011
I haven't shopped at Berkots since they first opened. I had to show id to pay with a check, and that turned me off. I never had to do that at the old store. So I really don't care if Berkots goes out of business when Walmart opens.
lisa

Watseka, IL

#25 Aug 1, 2011
Lisa does not like berkots
gas

Bourbonnais, IL

#26 Oct 8, 2011
To dislikes berkots u mean to tell me something that happened 8 years ago turned u away that badly that u didn't go back? Fyi they don't do that anymore but w/e idk
dislikes Berkots

Paris, IL

#27 Oct 10, 2011
I moved after my last post and I don't grocery shop in Watseka anymore at all. Now I prefer to shop at Aldi and Walmart and stock up every couple of weeks or so. And yes, Berkots put a bad taste in my mouth eight years ago, so sue me!
Honestly

Chicago, IL

#28 Oct 11, 2011
I did the same thing as "dislikes Berkots"... they wanted my bank account number and all kinds of personal information that I didn't feel they needed just for me to write a check. My address, phone number, and drivers' license number are on my checks, and actually, I don't feel they need all that either, much less all of the other info they wanted. In these days of identity theft, the less info you give out, the better. I paid cash that time ( I was saving it in case I wanted to stop and get something to eat or drink) and have never stepped foot in that store again. I hope it DOES go out when Super Wal*Mart is finished. The employees all have an attitude, so it won't break my heart if they're out of a job.
dislikes Berkots

Paris, IL

#29 Oct 14, 2011
Honestly wrote:
I did the same thing as "dislikes Berkots"... they wanted my bank account number and all kinds of personal information that I didn't feel they needed just for me to write a check. My address, phone number, and drivers' license number are on my checks, and actually, I don't feel they need all that either, much less all of the other info they wanted. In these days of identity theft, the less info you give out, the better. I paid cash that time ( I was saving it in case I wanted to stop and get something to eat or drink) and have never stepped foot in that store again. I hope it DOES go out when Super Wal*Mart is finished. The employees all have an attitude, so it won't break my heart if they're out of a job.
Well put!
we all know me

Danville, IL

#30 Oct 15, 2011
opinion wrote:
Berkots isnt going anywhere.... Such fine quality in their meats will keep people coming back. And I agree Quality too will be fine as they have faithful customers and those who can not drive.
Berkot's will be gone. People wont need to go to there anymore. They only go now because Wal Mart is so close. when you can get everything you need in 1 store why go to another?
Not happy

Rock Island, IL

#31 Oct 18, 2011
ID Required wrote:
The main reason I do not go to Berkots is the ID policy. If they do not trust their employees ability to tell the difference between someone 17 and someone 40.....there is a problem. I also do not like the "OOPS......We messed up on our ad" BS that happens EVERY week!
Well.....now that I think about it.......if they are not smart enough to proof read their ad's maybe they can't tell if someone is 40 and not a 17 year old trying to buy smokes.
I also heard a few years ago that they had a "manager" type guy that worked there that was showing some high school kids how to huff redy-whip.
Any where you go to buy "smokes" they will ID you no matter what. It is the law!
Cindy

Los Angeles, CA

#32 Oct 19, 2011
We stopped going there because the price you see is not what what you will be charged. They did this to me a couple of times, but I found out after I got home. The last time I caught them in the store and then they made me stand in line to get back, only about two dollars but I was not letting them rip me off again. Have never went back.
SSMMHH

Skokie, IL

#33 Oct 19, 2011
Super Walmart isn't going to have a grocery department. Or will they sell tires. I saw the plans of it. But who knows about the grocery department. They change their mind twenty million times. Lol.
Cindy

Buffalo Grove, IL

#34 Dec 16, 2011
There end is nere
wow

Tilton, IL

#35 Dec 30, 2011
Cindy wrote:
There end is nere
Their end is here! I just heard on WGFA's news that Berkot's is closing soon. Probably because of the new Walmart supercenter...
gas

Bourbonnais, IL

#36 Dec 30, 2011
And let me guess ur happy about it? As long as u don't have to worry about money since u r probably someone who sits on the couch racking in link card money and comes in the store with ur pajamas on. I feel bad that they r losing there jobs.
like to know

Ray City, GA

#37 Dec 30, 2011
FROM WHAT I HEARD THERE NOT THE ONLY STORES CLOSING OUT THERE BECAUSE OF sUPER WALMART---THEY RAISED THE LEASE ON ALL THE STORES OUT THERE AND IVE BEEN TOOLD BY MORE THAN ONE PERSON THAT THEY ALL ARE NOT GOING TO PAY THE HIGH LEASE'S AND THERE ALL THINKING ABOUT CLOSING--THAT WE BE A CROCK OF SHIT FOR THEM AND WATSEKA--WHAT THE HELL
bryan

Sun City, CA

#38 Dec 30, 2011
nope sorry to tell ya thats not why lowes bought Berkot's thats why there cloesing!!!!
wow

Tilton, IL

#39 Dec 30, 2011
gas wrote:
And let me guess ur happy about it? As long as u don't have to worry about money since u r probably someone who sits on the couch racking in link card money and comes in the store with ur pajamas on. I feel bad that they r losing there jobs.
Hell yeah, I get my welfare check and link card and go shopping all the time in my pajamas, uncombed hair and unbrushed teeth! And they can get their link cards too and join me! Aint life the shit???
Rory

Buffalo Grove, IL

#40 Jan 2, 2012
I heard they were going to start an indore pot farm in that building. I hope some good herb at a low price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Thrall 6 hr Iknowhim 1
Terry or Barbie Thrall (Nov '16) 6 hr Iknowhim 6
Jeremy seggebruch May 20 I know 6
swingers May 15 m4w m4mw 1
iroquois county sluts May 14 m4w m4mw 1
the gipson family (Nov '10) May 12 Fat azz homely wh... 41
Atlanta Rhythm Section comes to Watseka May 11 Roc Maven 1

Watseka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance