KFC Buffet Thoughts
New Patron

Champaign, IL

#1 Jun 25, 2012
During the last couple of weeks, I tried the "new" KFC and its buffet.

I must say I was pretty disappointed. For the money, they didn't have a large selection from which to choose. Also, there wasn't much food out. During the hour we were there (we went with some friends), they did not add more of an item until the "older" food was gone, as in completely. Then they would only add a couple of that item. The potatoes were old and yellowish, there were no labels to figure out what some of the items were, and there were not enough utensils (tongs, ladles, etc...) to serve each item. One of the guys who went with us wanted a glass of water. Guess what? No lids for that. Also, the music was ridiculous and extremely loud.

Probably the biggest disappointment was that there was no salad. For a buffet, you should always have salad, even if only a tossed green salad. Pizza Hut has one, and they have fewer items to serve overall. But that salad really makes it there.

I rated my visit overall as a D. Wouldn't take someone there again. And not sure if I would want to go back myself.
Watseka Chamber Member

United States

#2 Jun 25, 2012
I think its kinda gross. Nothing looks quite "right". I love KFC,but Watseka's didn't take long to get back to the old level of service. I'll get my KFC fix in Kankakee.
Make up your mind

Kankakee, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2012
Watseka Chamber Member wrote:
I think its kinda gross. Nothing looks quite "right". I love KFC,but Watseka's didn't take long to get back to the old level of service. I'll get my KFC fix in Kankakee.
OH and who was the one on the topic about the new Watseka Walmart saying that people should shop locally??? Hmmm???? You might want to practice what you preach "Watseka Chamber Member" .... Like that's something to be proud of... LMAO This town has gone to hell in a handbasket and if I could sell my property here, I'd be GONE !! But who in their right mind wants to buy in a town that is DYING as quickly as this one??? EVEN KFC SUCKS !!!! And that comes straight from the mouth of a "Watseka Chamber Member" HA HA HA HA I guess your words just came back to bite you in the *ss, didn't they????
Watseka Chamber Member

United States

#4 Jun 26, 2012
Make up your mind wrote:
<quoted text>
OH and who was the one on the topic about the new Watseka Walmart saying that people should shop locally??? Hmmm???? You might want to practice what you preach "Watseka Chamber Member" .... Like that's something to be proud of... LMAO This town has gone to hell in a handbasket and if I could sell my property here, I'd be GONE !! But who in their right mind wants to buy in a town that is DYING as quickly as this one??? EVEN KFC SUCKS !!!! And that comes straight from the mouth of a "Watseka Chamber Member" HA HA HA HA I guess your words just came back to bite you in the *ss, didn't they????
nothing has "bitten" me. There are plenty of great places To eat in Watseka. Miss Karol's,Full Bull,La Patosina is on the way... I simply stated that the Watseka KFC is not up to snuff,so if I want KFC,I'll get it elsewhere until someone fixes the one we have in Watseka.
using clout

Champaign, IL

#7 Jun 28, 2012
Watseka Chamber Member wrote:
<quoted text> nothing has "bitten" me. There are plenty of great places To eat in Watseka. Miss Karol's,Full Bull,La Patosina is on the way... I simply stated that the Watseka KFC is not up to snuff,so if I want KFC,I'll get it elsewhere until someone fixes the one we have in Watseka.
You HAVE been bitten. Hypocrisy is your game. You tell people to shop locally, then in the same breath, state that you will go to Kankakee for KFC. The places you go to here are bars. How does that help our economy in Watseka? KFC is not the same, nor is it a restaurant I would go to again in Watseka. Where are the "plenty of great places to eat" in Watseka? Nada, J.

They are in Kankakee, Bradley, and Bourbonnais.
Ron

Buffalo Grove, IL

#8 Jun 28, 2012
Problem is they are afraid they will have to throw away food so they don't put much out. So we stopped going because it was always about empty. However, they said tell us what you want and we will get it for you.
No Chicken

Champaign, IL

#9 Jun 28, 2012
Ron wrote:
Problem is they are afraid they will have to throw away food so they don't put much out. So we stopped going because it was always about empty. However, they said tell us what you want and we will get it for you.
Yeah, and that's why they lost my business. EMPTY!
Yum

Chicago, IL

#10 Aug 6, 2012
It's good :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watseka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcycle club Nov 17 Dillion 1
married women only-how did your affair start (Feb '15) Nov 13 LoreneJoanna4 12
whats the drug problem and whoreish girls of ir... (Jun '15) Nov 3 Joe 12
Atlanta Rhythm Section comes to Watseka (May '17) Oct '17 Roc Maven 2
Watseka Renter Rights Oct '17 all4america 2
Old bands from the 70's if you can't remember t... (May '09) Oct '17 Steve 63
Hinder, Josh Todd And The Conflict & Wayland co... Oct '17 Timmy t 2

Watseka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance