An Ex-Atheist's story highlights the danger of childhood indoctrination.

Jul 13, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

The "holy grail" for Christians has always been the genuine "ex-atheist." Someone who was actively and fervently campaigning for atheism, and then changed his tune and became a "True Christian." I recently found myself privileged to spend an afternoon with just such an ex-atheist. With his kind permission, I'm going to relate his story along with ...

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2011
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

This story is a true as the bible that it promotes.
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

sounds more like a guy who goes along with the strongest in a crowd

by the story's own details, he doesn't sound like he was ever an atheist

and that it really comes down to what you are exposed to as a child

let's pretend that the holy gail of genuine athiest converted to theist was true

that's still only one to several million who've gone from theist to atheist and stayed that way

http://ntrygg.wordpress.com
the serpent was right

Orefield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Judged:

The title should be "Christian dabbles with atheism,gets scared, runs back to Jebus".
True witness

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

The many different varieties of Baptists are not true Christians.

A true Christian does not fight with anyone, or go to war or train to kill anyone. Romans 12:17-20

A true Christian does love his fellowman and is not prejudiced against anyone. Matthew 22:39

A true Christian does not teach burning fire punishment from Jehovah, the God of love. John 3:16

A true Christian is willing to die, rather than disobey God's word, such as abstain from blood. Genesis 9:5

Since: Dec 10

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

True witness wrote:
The many different varieties of Baptists are not true Christians.
A true Christian does not fight with anyone, or go to war or train to kill anyone. Romans 12:17-20
A true Christian does love his fellowman and is not prejudiced against anyone. Matthew 22:39
A true Christian does not teach burning fire punishment from Jehovah, the God of love. John 3:16
A true Christian is willing to die, rather than disobey God's word, such as abstain from blood. Genesis 9:5
I love when the fundies judge each other.
By the way, there are alot of people who claim that a true christian wouldn't predict the end, or that a true christian would not rewrite the Bible to suit their needs.
True witness

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Judged:

The serpent was right wrote:
<quoted text>
I love when the fundies judge each other.
By the way, there are alot of people who claim that a true christian wouldn't predict the end, or that a true christian would not rewrite the Bible to suit their needs.
In order for you to be believed, prove what you post, don't make false accusations like false prophets.

Jehovah's witnesses just repeat what the Bible says, the end is very near now, and unless you are ready for it, you will not survive it.
Matthew 24:36-39

Since: Dec 10

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

True witness wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for you to be believed, prove what you post, don't make false accusations like false prophets.
Jehovah's witnesses just repeat what the Bible says, the end is very near now, and unless you are ready for it, you will not survive it.
I didn't say anything about Jehovah's witnesses. Thanks for making it obvious. I guess if the shoe fits. LOL!!!!
nina

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

True witness wrote:
<quoted text>
no, they repeat what their magazine says that the bible says
and they let their children die

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

the serpent was right wrote:
The title should be "Christian dabbles with atheism,gets scared, runs back to Jebus".
Nail. Head. In one short sentence.

Excellent.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

nina wrote:
<quoted text>
no, they repeat what their magazine says that the bible says
and they let their children die
Indeed they do-- and not just their victimized kids, either-- they routinely commit suicide by refusing modern science-based medical treatment for easily fixed conditions.

Idiots, all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Watkinsville News Video

•••
•••

Watkinsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Watkinsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••