Slain GA Soldier Gets Promotion

Slain GA Soldier Gets Promotion

There are 17 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Sep 30, 2007, titled Slain GA Soldier Gets Promotion. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

ATHENS, Ga. -- The soldier who was killed in Iraq the day after his wife gave birth to their son received a posthumous promtion to corporal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

sgm

Duluth, GA

#1 Sep 30, 2007
My heart goes out to the family and I will pray for peace and comfort for them.

“Pray for RAIN”

Since: Sep 07

Villa Rica

#2 Sep 30, 2007
For all the soldier over there and here have my prayers and best wishes. I love you all, and I thank you for all you do.
tjc

Atlanta, GA

#3 Sep 30, 2007
Bring these soldiers home... NOW!! My thoughts and prayers are with the family and the son who will never know his father.
John in Commerce

Dalton, GA

#4 Sep 30, 2007
I think we should send tjc to replace him in Iraq....
OMG

Fairburn, GA

#5 Sep 30, 2007
John in Commerce wrote:
I agree
3-7dad

Hudson, WI

#6 Sep 30, 2007
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
believe me,,, they don't want it there,, just another misinformed ...proud dad of 2 OIF
Retired Soldier

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#7 Oct 1, 2007
Nobody wants to be there, they go because they support their country. I have been twice and the only thing worse than being there is having to listen to people use them as a political tool for politics. Soldiers have fought for the US for many reasons but one was for the freedom of speech. We have the freedom of speech because our soldiers had to fight for it (political folks didnít like that war either). But just because we have the right of free speech doesn't mean we have the requirement to use it when we are at war. Our enemies use public opinion as another tool to help defeat our military. I for one would like to see people help soldiers with their support and keep politics out of it as long as they are in harms way. I know you may think they should come home now and so do many, but that isn't going to happen so lets just keep our political mouths shut and open our Military Support mouths more often.
Kgraham

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2007
I am a long time family friend of this soldier and his family and I to was enlisted Army. My heart and prayers are with them even though I could not attend the funeral. I support his and all of our soldiers in there efforts to rid the world of terrorism. I humbly pray that the young son he never met grows to be a very proud young man, knowing that his father fought and gave his life so that we may all enjoy the simple things in life.

“Dropped on head as child”

Since: Dec 06

Athens, Ga

#10 Oct 1, 2007
John in Commerce wrote:
This poor kid was duped into fighting for Bush and his oil cronies - not his country.

And that is a sad thing to die for.
Huh

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#11 Oct 2, 2007
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
This poor kid was duped into fighting for Bush and his oil cronies - not his country.
And that is a sad thing to die for.
Nice to see a person not afraid to use the death of a soldier for there own political message. That is pretty damn low.

He was a patriot and wasn't Duped into anything.

And FYI the United States is getting NO oil from Iraq. If we were you'd hear all about it from the Democrats. It's just another BS excuse to pick at our Commander and Chief.

Athens, Ga

#12 Oct 2, 2007
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see a person not afraid to use the death of a soldier for there own political message. That is pretty damn low.
He was a patriot and wasn't Duped into anything.
And FYI the United States is getting NO oil from Iraq. If we were you'd hear all about it from the Democrats. It's just another BS excuse to pick at our Commander and Chief.
Another duped idiot pipes in - but I bet you won't be headed to Baghdad like this poor kid.

And here is a topix article - Ray Hunt, one of Bushpigs largest donors, just signed a deal to profit handsomely from this kids death.

http://www.topix.com/business/oil-gas/2007/09...

You guys are scum.
AlphaDog

United States

#13 Oct 2, 2007
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
Another duped idiot pipes in - but I bet you won't be headed to Baghdad like this poor kid.
Nor will he be beheaded because his cowardly lard ass will be sprawled across his unpaid for couch where he'll continue to take it up the butt from his little tin god, Bush. Anyone still so naive or stupid enough to continue to support Bush's Iraq "war" cannot be re-introduced to reality because they suffer from some permanent crossing of neural wires.
Huh

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#14 Oct 2, 2007
You are right this idiot won't be going to Iraq anytime soon. But after two tours (Tikrit and Balad) and 22 years of military service I think I did my share. I suppose that for the next 100 years if some US company makes a deal to get oil in the future you'll be claiming the war was all about oil. Sooner or later we have to leave Iraq and start opening up trade.

People who use the death of a soldier to make political statements are the true scum of this earth.

When you are looking for faults try using a mirror.

Athens, Ga

#15 Oct 2, 2007
Huh wrote:
You are right this idiot won't be going to Iraq anytime soon. But after two tours (Tikrit and Balad) and 22 years of military service I think I did my share. I suppose that for the next 100 years if some US company makes a deal to get oil in the future you'll be claiming the war was all about oil. Sooner or later we have to leave Iraq and start opening up trade.
People who use the death of a soldier to make political statements are the true scum of this earth.
When you are looking for faults try using a mirror.
I will dispense with the name-calling out of what little respect I have for the military.

But do NOT pretend you were protecting American lives in Iraq. The Liar-in-Chief threw that bone to the masses but most of us know better now.

It was the chickenhawk cowards in the GOP that began attacking real military men like Max Cleland and John Kerry. So don't give me a lecture about respecting those same chickenhawks who duped this dead soldier.
dad 3-7

Eau Claire, WI

#16 Oct 2, 2007
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
I will dispense with the name-calling out of what little respect I have for the military.
But do NOT pretend you were protecting American lives in Iraq. The Liar-in-Chief threw that bone to the masses but most of us know better now.
It was the chickenhawk cowards in the GOP that began attacking real military men like Max Cleland and John Kerry. So don't give me a lecture about respecting those same chickenhawks who duped this dead soldier.
john kerry??? give me a break,, the guy was an anti war demonstrator before he joined the navy for a sea job.. when he had his mission changed he cried like a baby.. shot a kid in the back, silver star,, shot himself, purple heart, scratched him self another purple heart and lied about another injury and got yet another purple heart,, never spent a nite in sick bay and got out of country in less than 4mon..my sons plt sgt has 5 purple hearts and volunteered for a 4th tour..kerry then went to paris and tried to broker a deal with the enemy(treason) and then came back and joined jane fonda,,i think max cleland was blown up by one of his own men..probably an accident

Athens, Ga

#17 Oct 2, 2007
dad 3-7 wrote:
<quoted text>john kerry??? give me a break,, the guy was an anti war demonstrator before he joined the navy for a sea job.. when he had his mission changed he cried like a baby.. shot a kid in the back, silver star,, shot himself, purple heart, scratched him self another purple heart and lied about another injury and got yet another purple heart,, never spent a nite in sick bay and got out of country in less than 4mon..my sons plt sgt has 5 purple hearts and volunteered for a 4th tour..kerry then went to paris and tried to broker a deal with the enemy(treason) and then came back and joined jane fonda,,i think max cleland was blown up by one of his own men..probably an accident
A stupid Bushpig chickenhawk pipes in..... voted for the AWOL "Guardsman" Bush drunk no doubt.

Your man is the laughing stock of the world now.

Blow it out your vag - you clown.
dad 3-7

Eau Claire, WI

#19 Oct 2, 2007
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
A stupid Bushpig chickenhawk pipes in..... voted for the AWOL "Guardsman" Bush drunk no doubt.
Your man is the laughing stock of the world now.
Blow it out your vag - you clown.
i am laughing so hard owjnfon oewn i can aowejf oiefa hardly typenvonrefnenoefnodnln ....nice come back by someone in the enemies camp

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Book signing May 16 dereklgill 1
News Photos: Cyclists ride the proposed Firefly Trail Apr '17 Kanada 1
Nightmares Mar '17 Krae12203 1
UGA Law First Annual 5k Mar '17 IPleadThe5k 1
Amazon censoring books for Israel Mar '17 Jim Fetzer 2
Remove all health care subsidies for Congress ... Mar '17 wjabbe 3
Moving to WatkinsVillegas area Feb '17 Hoosiergirl 1

Watkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance