Group Hopes to Find Mass Grave

Group Hopes to Find Mass Grave

There are 22 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 23, 2007, titled Group Hopes to Find Mass Grave. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

WATKINSVILLE, Ga. -- A group devoted to remembering the 1946 lynching of two black couples on a bridge by a white mob has turned its attention to a killing four decades earlier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 07

Atlanta, GA

#22 Nov 28, 2007
CubMaster wrote:
I don't hear the Jewish population screaming for restitution from the blacks that enslaved them for centuries. Why don't you blacks lay off with the "You owe me and my people for enslaving us and oppressing us" You weren't there, I wasn't there my family doesn't owe you or any black person or family anything. Get over yourself.
I agree---my family was not slave owners--nor do i owe anyone an apology. One question though, what about the indentured slaves, etc...that came first. Does England owe them an apology, restitution etc.???? I hate slavery but why should i apologize for something i did not do.
Mike

Rome, GA

#23 Mar 4, 2008
One question is.
What is ABM angry about?
Plus I guess we could also talk about those blacks in Africa that sold other blacks into slavery.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Watkinsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House for sale! 450 Millstone Circle, Athens, ... Jul 10 Guest 2
Michelle Hampton aka Michelle Veal aka Heather ... Jul 5 Roxgotnumber7 4
Snapchat slutty uga girls Jun 30 Pigcorkio 4
News Athens man nearly hit police car and fled Jun '16 DisgruntledAthens... 1
News Deal in works for purchase of 19th-century Watk... May '16 NAncy Smith 1
News Reception for 2016 Southworks art exhibit to op... Mar '16 Will Dockery 1
News Oconee County police blotter (Sep '15) Sep '15 teresa 1

Watkinsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance